Congrats! Beat in eggs and extract. I'd love to experiment with the filling using a butter or sugar cookie dough or a baked pie crust base, something that will maintain some crispy/firmer base substance. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. It was lovely! I made these today and they turned out delicious. Also I like to freeze my baked goods and know from previous (non-dessert) recipes that crescent rolls do not do well after freezing. Also I like to freeze my baked goods and know from previous (non-dessert) recipes that crescent rolls do not do well after freezing. Makes a crispy crust. Doesn't hold its crispness, gets almost "soggy". The center will look set. Set aside to cool. The BOTTOM crust is the only part of this recipe I would give 4/5 stars to. I only zested 1 lemon. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I kept thinking it would taste better with good old fashioned pie crust. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. These were Terrific!! This filling works well with Phyllo dough sheets top and bottom for those of you who don't like the cresent dough. And it was still wonderful. Put about 6 sheets on bottom and the same on top. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. I will definitely make these again. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Also I like to freeze my baked goods and know from previous (non-dessert) recipes that crescent rolls do not do well after freezing. First, calculate approx. Bake until lightly browned across surface, 12-15 minutes. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Frost bars. Stir in lemon zest. For a change of pace from the standard Southern-style lemon bars, you need to look no further! Mix the zest of 1 1/2 lemons and juice from 2 lemons together in a bowl. It keeps the bottom from being doughy. Stir lemon curd to make sure it’s loosened and dollop … Line a square 9-inch metal baking pan with parchment paper. I have also made this with Splenda® and low-fat cream cheese and they were just as wonderful. Then stretch dough over sugar/lemon mix and then flip over dough onto cream cheese mix. Also get a larger pan to bake it in so it will spread out and not need to burn the edges. Doesn't hold its crispness, gets almost "soggy". The bottom crust is made of a few pantry staples but it bakes into a buttery, hefty, and satisfying cookie base that’s perfect for the fluffy and gooey layers on top.To make the cream cheese filling, beat softened creamed cheese and powdered sugar with eggs, vanilla, and a little flour to make an airy spreadable mixture. Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Brush melted butter over crescent roll dough layer. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.