For all the saints. NKJV, Ancient-Modern Bible, Hardcover, Comfort Print: One faith. Philippians 4 . 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. https://www.bible.com/bible/114/PHP.4.6.NKJV, Confidence Of A Champion: 3 Days With MMA Fighter Michael Chandler, The Calm: Live Each Day In The Calm Amid The Storm, Anxiety & Depression: Finding Hope With Michelle Williams, 9 Common Lies Christians Believe: Part 1 Of 3, How Do I Pray Now Since the Miracle Didn't Happen, Spiritual Discernment And Property Management, Untriggered: Resting in God When You’re Triggered by Anxiety, Anger, or Temptation, Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. Be careful for nothing This must be understood not in the most extensive sense, but with a limitation and restriction. Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Amen. I am full, having received from Epaphroditus the things sent from you, a sweet-smelling aroma, an acceptable sacrifice, well pleasing to God. (10-14) Paul’s perspective on the gift from the Philippians. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. 1. Philippians 4:6-7: Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6-7 > NIV KJV ESV NKJV. Read verse in King James Version Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that abounds to your account. Now you Philippians know also that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church shared with me concerning giving and receiving but you only. It is truly amazing how God can and will respond during times of … The Lord is at hand. Philippians 4:7 What Does Philippians 4:7 Mean? Lesson 24: The Answer To Anxiety (Philippians 4:6-7) ... Paul mentions four Greek words for prayer which overlap in meaning and yet are helpful to distinguish: Prayer, supplication, thanksgiving, and requests. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. First, God's peace is supernatural and unexplainable. Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. [⇑ See verse text ⇑] Those who choose prayer and trust during times of anxiety will experience the "peace of God." of But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at last your care for me has flourished again; though you surely did care, but you lacked opportunity. Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Let your gentleness be known to all men. Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God NKJV: New King James Version Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Rejoice in the Lord always. New King James Version ... (NKJV) Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. What does Philippians 4:7 mean? Our Price: $39.99. For even in Thessalonica you sent aid once and again for my necessities. Yet most people today have never heard of John Gill. ... 1,700 Key Words that Unlock the Meaning of the Bible. Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved. Amen. 6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. This verse gives clear direction and offers genuine hope to the believer in Christ. All rights reserved. I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. In relation to Philippians 4:6 this means that what we have here is not just a simple formula, “If you’re anxious, try prayer; it works.” Rather, it means, “If you’re anxious, examine either your lack of faith in the living God, who has promised to supply the basic needs of His children.” Salem Media Group. Philippians 4:6. Read verse in New King James Version Answer: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God” (Philippians 4:6). Everywhere and in all things I have learned both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. Philippians 4 Therefore, my beloved and longed-for brethren, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, beloved. Philippians 4:7 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Philippians 4:7, NIV: "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7 New King James Version (NKJV). Philippians 4:6-7 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Again I will say, rejoice! Read verse in New King James Version Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Explanation and Commentary of Philippians 4:7. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things. Question: "What is the meaning of Philippians 4:6?" C. Paul comments on the giving of the Philippians. KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) TRANSLATION, MEANING, CONTEXT. I implore Euodia and I implore Syntyche to be of the same mind in the Lord. Bible / Our Library / Bible Commentaries / John Gill's Exposition of the Bible / Philippians / Philippians 4; Share Tweet Save. Not that I speak in regard to need, for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content: I know how to be abased, and I know how to abound. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. And I urge you also, true companion, help these women who labored with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and the rest of my fellow workers, whose names are in the Book of Life. Indeed I have all and abound. Philippians 4:6-7 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:7, ESV: "And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." This peace offers three important positives. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. He preached in the same church as C. H. Spurgeon over one hundred years earlier. Do not be anxious about anything this verse tells us. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. Be careful for nothing - That is, be not anxious or solicitous about the things of the present life. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. Philippians 4:6 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Philippians 4:6, NIV: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. All rights reserved. Nevertheless you have done well that you shared in my distress. And the God of peace will be with you: If the Philippians did as Paul had instructed, not only would they have had the peace of God, but the God of peace would have also been with them. Philippians 4:6-7. Philippians 4:6, ESV: "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Jesus died on the cross to make peace between us and God. *Prayer--a general word for prayer, always used with reference to God, with the nuance of reverence. All the saints greet you, but especially those who are of Caesar's household. The brethren who are with me greet you. Read verse in New King James Version Buy Now. To get what Philippians 4:6 means in detail, scroll down or follow these links for the original scriptural meaning , biblical context and … And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. The specific passage is Philippians 4:6-7 (New International Version), which states: Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Greet every saint in Christ Jesus. Proud member Handed down. Instead, pray earnestly and humbly, thanking God.