When you go trough hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. “A strong woman is a woman determined to do something others are determined not be done.” – Marge Piercy, 149. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired, and success achieved.” – Helen Keller, 7. I can offer little but love to you and to tell you I care. Actually, you can leave the boxing ring without consequence, but what advantage would come from abandoning the pursuit of wisdom? “The sky is not my limit…I am.” – T.F. Pain can change you, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a bad change. The books of Wayne Dyer have helped me greatly since I was a young girl. Noah Kagan, Not taking things personally is a superpower. @LifeMathMoney, If you are easily provoked you are easily controlled. Inner strength can be just as valuable. Confucius, Pleasure consumes us, work strengthens us. Do not take it for granted. Charles Baudelaire, We gain the strength of the temptation we resist. Sahil Lavingia, For the robust, an error is information. Ed Latimore, When you’re weak, they take your kindness for weakness. You can become free of worry by practicing the opposite and stronger habit of faith. Bad things don’t. Nassim Nicholas Taleb (The Bed of Procrustes), None preaches better than the ant, and she says nothing. Fail to succeed! Billy Chapata, Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror. Life is filled with highs and lows—valleys and peaks that will test your resilience, that will push you to overcome challenges—and the lessons you’ll learn on your way to the top will only make you stronger, better. Being strong is very sexy. Anyone can make a mistake — even you. From failed attempts at achieving a goal to break ups to tragedies that make us feel utterly weak and hopeless, there’s always a good enough reason to not let yourself stay down for too long. Otherwise, it would be like the boxer exiting the ring because he took some punches. “We become strong, I feel, when we have no friends upon whom to lean, or to look to for moral guidance.” – Benito Mussolini, 53. “As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want.” – Mike Tyson, 33. Strength does not come from winning. Wise, Part 3 “Women are so strong and knowledgeable. I’m stronger because of the hard times, wiser because of my mistakes, and happier because I have known sadness. “Strength does not come from winning. The worst thing you can do is nothing. Maxime Lagacé, Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one. It comes from an indomitable will. Realize you’re stronger than you think with the collection of wise and inspirational being strong quotes below. It makes you strong.” – LeBron James, 119. Marcus Aurelius, Doing what’s right sometimes requires patience. So each must be strong enough to stand on its own. Robert de Lamennais, There is no security for those who seek it outside of themselves. But it is worth it. Seneca (On Providence), Anything which is troubling you, anything which is irritating you, that is your teacher. The weak can never forgive. You can't really be strong until you see a funny side to things. If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes. Beyond talent lie all the usual words: discipline, love, luck, but most of all, endurance. You are truly good person, This encourage and teach me a good lesson. It is the most beneficial addiction you can have. “You’ve got to stay strong to be strong in … But to hold it together when everyone would expect you to fall apart, now that is true strength.” – Chris Bradford, The Way of the Sword, 43. It takes strength to talk about our feelings and to reach out for help and comfort when we need it. Pema Chödrön, The thing you’re the most scared of might be the best thing to ever happen to you. Ram Dass, You become unbeatable if you’re unaffected and peaceful about anything external. When we suffer, we survive.” – Cassandra Clare, 76. “Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. “Follow your honest convictions and be strong.” – William Makepeace Thackeray, 17. But how can you stay strong when your life seems to fall apart? In our society, the importance of being emotionally strong and stable in order to better deal with the negative events of our lives is increasingly taken into account. Nassim Nicholas Taleb (The Bed of Procrustes), The fragile wants tranquility, the antifragile grows from disorder, and the robust doesn’t care too much. It stands unmoved and the raging of the sea falls still around it. He finished his software engineering degree in 2007 at the École de Technologie Supérieure de Montréal. “Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength.” – Henry Ward Beecher, 12. i needed this. But not at all. Access 180 of the best quotes about being strong. Through persistence, self-knowledge, prayer, commitment, optimism, a resolute trust in God and the building of your own personal moral strength, you can enjoy the blessings of a deeper faith and face the difficulties of life with courage and confidence. Kapil Gupta, It’s impossible to improve yourself when you see yourself as a victim in every situation. Knowledge – a form of asceticism. It has its ups and downs, but ultimately life is designed as a battleground created to make you stronger, day after day. In other situations it will try to push you beyond your limits, just to see if you break down. I have no responsibility to be like they expect me to be. But experience shows that I will eventually discover this reason after some time has passed. Now my patience and endurance are being tested.” – Muhammad Ali, 110. Fred Rogers, Life is a blend of sensitivity and sensibility. @LifeMathMoney, When facing a difficult situation, ask yourself is there a message in it for me? Other notable interests of Maxime are health (mental and physical), meditation, nutrition, bananas, human potential, education, learning, productivity and minimalism. Without self-knowledge, you won’t be strong for long. “Being strong can be also feminine. Sensibility is intellect, sensitivity is of the heart. I wish I could wrap my arms around you and let you cry into me as long as you need to. Everything exists. Find your will to keep climbing with these motivational quotes about strength. Brené Brown (The Gifts of Imperfection, Amazon book), Great is the power of habit. No one will love you in the way that you hope. If you’re going through hell, keep going. You must be strong enough to pierce mountains. I don't think feminine equals being weak. Learn to deal with life’s unpleasant obligations regardless or accept a lifetime of shame and scarcity. I feel more capable of handling emotional situations. “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve, 117. Well, neither does anybody else. Feeling fear is human, but conquering it will make you feel empowered, courageous, and proud. David Goggins (Can’t Hurt Me, Amazon book)), Help yourself. Face the truth.” – Katherine Mansfield, 54. No one will make you what you seek to become. So, what should each of us say to every trial we face? Books, blogs, quotes and nature became his guide. “I’m a strong man, and usually I get over hurts and it makes me stronger when I come back.” – Dusty Baker, 23. It might be stormy now but the rain won’t last forever.” – Unknown, “Be strong when you are weak, brave when you are scared, and humble when you are victorious.” – Unknown, “The most beautiful people I’ve known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross, “The weak fall, but the strong will remain and never go under!” – Anne Frank, “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway, “The weak can never forgive. It means you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart. When you discipline yourself, it’s not punishment but empowerment. I have no regrets in my life. Thibaut, People who wade into discomfort and vulnerability and tell the truth about their stories are the real badasses. Quotes About Being Strong That ARE Short All of life is like this. “Life is truly known only to those who suffer, lose, endure adversity and stumble from defeat to defeat.” – Anais Nin, 50. It will smack you to the ground and throw dirt at you. The most beautiful people I've known are those who have known trials, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. But the truth is you need to take the next step before you get stronger. We are being thrown into really tough situations in order to grow and become stronger. Required fields are marked *, By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website. “Work hard for what you want because it won’t come to you without a fight. “The measure of a man’s real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.” – Thomas Babington Macaulay, 91. I am a person full of love & gentleness and I hope you can feel my sincerity. Things happen to you to make you realize your true potential, strength, will power, and heart.