All Rights Reserved. I cut my feta and tomatoes in to fairly large pieces – trying to keep them both the same size. It’s a pretty salad as well – with the contrasting red and white of the tomatoes and feta popping against the quinoa and lentils. Add the tarragon, stir well, then remove from the heat. Once boiling is reached, turn down to medium-low and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Prepare another pot for the lentils. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. While both the lentils and quinoa are cooking, chop and toss the tomatoes and feta with a little red onion, parsley and red wine vinaigrette. If there’s still water in the bottom of the pan once the cooking time is up, drain the quinoa in a fine mesh sieve and then turn it out on to the baking sheet. It's packed with fiber from the lentils, quinoa, kale, and bell pepper. Toss gently to combine – let marinate until quinoa and lentils are ready. While the quinoa and lentils … You can chop them up smaller or use crumbled feta but I like the way the large pieces stood out from the rest of the salad. Once boiling is reached, turn down to medium-low and simmer for 5-7 minutes. excellent range The quinoa will finish ahead of the lentils, which gives you time to turn the quinoa out on to a baking sheet to cool as the lentils finish cooking. While lentils and quinoa are cooking, dice tomatoes and feta in to equal size cubes. Apple Cider Peanut Butter Whiskey Cocktail, Instant Pot Stuffed Peppers {with turkey and quinoa}, Chicken Fajita Casserole with Quinoa {GF}. Pour 1/2 cup lentils into the pot and fill with water until just above lentils. Add tomatoes … water when Add tomatoes and feta to a bowl. Gently add the tomato and feta mixture to the quinoa and lentil mixture and toss (gently) to combine. Prepare another pot for the lentils. Turn burner on medium to high heat. It was super easy to put together and holds up really well the next day. Quinoa Wrap with Avocado, Spinach and Feta. You’ll need two bowls. Pour 1/2 cup lentils into the pot and fill with water until just above lentils. This quinoa lentil salad is a great way to ensure you're meeting your fiber needs! Mince red onion and parsley and add to the tomato and feta mixture. Prepare a pot with 2 cups of water and 1 cup of quinoa on the stove on medium to high. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a small pan, then cook the shallot or onion for a few mins until softened. Once quinoa is cooked and cooled down, combine vegetables, lentils and quinoa in a large bowl. If you like quinoa salads why not give these a try as well: Quinoa and Roasted Broccoli and Arugula Salad, Your email address will not be published. Cook lentils as per the package instructions. Learn how your comment data is processed. The second (larger) bowl will be used to toss the quinoa, lentils, walnuts and second half of the dressing together. Quinoa, a protein-rich seed, makes a great substitute for rice or couscous. Add walnuts and toss to combine. When lentils are done, let cool slightly and then combine with quinoa in a a large bowl. Sharing easy, healthy and delicious vegetarian recipes. Once they are going, start cooking the quinoa. Quinoa needs to be rinsed before you cook it. Toss well together and chill until … While the quinoa and lentils are cooking, prepare and chop the vegetables and mix ingredients for dressing. There’s a triple punch of protein by using quinoa, lentils and walnuts. ★☆ Toss well together and chill until ready to serve. Good Food Deal To keep the feta as whole cubes (rather than all crumbled up in the salad) I tossed it gently with the tomatoes and half of the dressing and let it sit to intensify the flavors while the quinoa and lentils were cooking. When the quinoa is done – spread on a baking sheet to cool. Add one cube of bouillon to the water before cooking. To prevent quinoa from being mushy – turn out the quinoa on to a baking sheet to cool once it’s finished cooking. Make dressing – whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar and pepper. ★☆ ★☆. Toss the mixture very gently so that the feta doesn’t crumble in to a lot of little pieces. This salad is super easy to make, and once you have the quinoa … Pour half of the dressing over the tomato and feta mixture. I kept the mixture to be about 2 to 1 of quinoa to lentils but if you really like lentils then add more lentils and less quinoa – this salad is flexible. adding a stock Cooling it on a baking sheet will leave the quinoa delicate and fluffy. flavour, try Log in. Since the lentils take a little longer to cook then the quinoa – start the lentils first. of Very Low Salt For extra Your email address will not be published. cubes. Cook the quinoa in a large pan of boiling water for 10-15 mins until tender, drain well, then set aside to cool. ★☆ cube to the Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Prepare according to package instructions. ★☆ Once you’ve tossed the dressing with the quinoa and lentils, gently add in the tomato and feta mixture. Pour dressing over top and stir to combine. A protein packed quinoa and lentil salad with walnuts, tomatoes and feta cheese. Green Valley Kitchen © 2020. You want to keep the feta from breaking up. Get the Cooks Professional Espresso Maker for just £39.99, Choose the type of message you'd like to post, Magazine subscription – save 44% and get a cookbook of your choice. Pour remaining dressing over quinoa and lentil mixture. Tomorrow I’ll be posting a super yummy wrap. I used french lentils which are smaller in shape but this recipe will work well with whatever lentils you have.