The country provides “free” food, but there is such a shortage that they need to resort to the black market to MAYBE find what they need at a MUCH higher price. "Age-specific and sex-specific mortality in 187 countries, 1970–2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010". > English historically was not a mandatory part of the curriculum. So in reality, while healthcare is a universal right, the hospitals are in various states of decay, there are shortages of medical practitioners in Cuba and only the regime's elite get proper care. In Cuba, that number is 79 years (77 years for men, 82 years for women) as of 2020. (October 17, 2017). Source tables; United Nations Statistics Division. The 8 Best Restaurants in Tulum, Mexico », Love, love, love this post! Urban Wang, Haidong; Dwyer-Lindgren, Laura; Lofgren, Katherine T; Rajaratnam, Julie Knoll; Marcus, Jacob R; Levin-Rector, Alison; Levitz, Carly E; Lopez, Alan D; Murray, Christopher JL (2012). World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Source tables. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. Population figures from World Bank: (1) United Nations Population Division. You can book a tour with Intrepid on a People to People visa. This was such an informative post about Cuba! Wang, Haidong; Dwyer-Lindgren, Laura; Lofgren, Katherine T; Rajaratnam, Julie Knoll; Marcus, Jacob R; Levin-Rector, Alison; Levitz, Carly E; Lopez, Alan D; Murray, Christopher JL (2012). Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Population Division. Loca Bad Bunny, […] Read more: Money, Politics & Religion: Everything I Learned About Life in Cuba […]. Since Fidel Castro ceded authority to his brother Raul in 2006, life in Cuba has slowly been changing. [ www.mortality.org or www.humanmortality.de] downloaded on Dec. 10, 2009.; United Nations Statistics Division. It just so happened that the week I spent in Cuba (November 27th – December 4th) was just days after Fidel Castro passed away and the entire country plunged into an official mourning period for 9 days. I anticipated that Cubans would likely not speak English at all. So many interesting facts! "The story of GBD 2010: a "super-human" effort" . Source tables; World Health Organisation National Health Account database (www.who.int/nha/en) supplemented by country data. Quality of Life in Havana, Cuba. Privatization of healthcare in Cuba is illegal and unnecessary as high quality, equal, care covered by the state is available to everyone as made necessary by Cuba's constitution. I'm sure many people know that Cuba has two currencies (I briefly explained the two in this earlier post, How to Travel to Cuba as an American. You can only download this statistic as a Premium user. Note: Because Cuba offers universal healthcare, travelers are required to have their own health insurance before arrival. Hi Karmen, thanks for taking the time to read and comment! Your article contains mistruths about Cuba. It's roughly 25 pesos nacional (local currency) to 1 CUC (tourist currency). I have recently read several negative articles from travelers who decided to just jump on a plane and go. PortuguêsQualidade de Vida em Cuba World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Source tables; (1) United Nations Population Division. Source tables; World Health Organization; United Nations Statistics Division. > If you bring Euros in advance, you won't pay any tax. Basic goods, materials to fix homes, clothes etc are all scarce and hard to come by. ; United Nations Statistics Division. World Population Prospects, (2) United Nations Statistical Division. Funny Selkirk Grace, Years Oh that’s so funny we were there at the same time! Brazil's National Tree, Today's climate is slightly more dicey, but you can check here for flight deals. Source tables; World Health Organization. Perhaps the American-Cuban political thaw might also extend to the people.It just so happened that the week I spent in Cuba (November 27th – December 4th) was just days after Fidel Castro passed away and the entire country plun… Total ; World Health Organization, Global Atlas of the Health Workforce. ; World Health Organisation, Global Tuberculosis Control Report. Off of $12 a month, you would never be able to survive in Cuba, not even as a tourist staying there for free at somebody’s house. The life expectancy in Cuba increased to 78.45 years during 2011-2013,standing for a 0.48 year growth.Life in 2011-2013 women enjoy longevity of 80.45 years while the indicator in men is at 76.50. Chameleon In Latin, > Highly skilled doctors are a valued commodity and at one point, Cuba sent a team of doctors to Venezuela in exchange for oil. Real Phoenix Bird Hd Images, February. I have an aunt that contracted an infection because the “free healthcare” facilities used an old IV on her since they had no more new ones.