Prosper offers general personal loans that can be used for just about anything, including medical expenses. By then I could probably pay off most of the debts I wanted to consolidate. How To Pay For Bariatric Surgery Without Insurance? I gave them emails from my work email address and copies of my paystubs. The money has not been deposited.I have called Mr White numerous times and emailed them. I put $25,000 into managed accounts on both Prosper and Lending Club about 2 1/2 years ago. In addition to credit scores, ratings, and histories, investors can consider borrowers’ personal loan descriptions, endorsements from friends, and community affiliations. Here’s how it works. Bad customer service.. and rates are extremely high even with good credit I do not recommend this company ........................ Poor customer service, rate seems much higher than others. You can check the profile page of each professional or company to determine whether they are a paying advertiser (indicated by the word "sponsored"). Our content is free because we may earn a commission if you purchase products after clicking ads on our website. Prosper is America's first peer-to-peer lending marketplace, with more than 1,350,000 members and over $347,000,000 in funded loans. Information on this page is provided 'as is' and solely for informational purposes, not for any other purpose or advice. On Prosper, borrowers list loan requests between $2,000 and $25,000 and individual lenders invest as little as $25 in each loan listing they select. What is your customer experience with Prosper? The overall rating of the company is 1.6 and consumers are mostly dissatisfied. OK say it..."You must work for them." BBB Business Profiles are provided solely to assist you in exercising your own best judgment. But you don't get any money until you actively choose to borrow. Prosper Loans told him he was eligible for an $8000.00 loan. Automatic payment all of a sudden they stop. Prosper customer service tends to receive good reviews, and mine experience interacting with representatives was no different. So that range of 6.95% to 35.99% already includes those fees. The company considers any payment not made on the agreed upon date to be late and late fees will apply accordingly. Overall, I recommend Prosper Loans’ range of loans, specifically for medical procedures. With a HELOC, you have a certain credit limit that you're able to borrow up to at any time during the designated draw period. Prosper medical loans are a special subclass of the company’s regular peer-to-peer loans. ", "Avoid consolidating your debt through Prosper. Same thing happened to me, and they would not take into consideration my husband's income that he shares with me. Prosper has two debt consolidation options: personal loans and home equity lines of credit. Your web browser (Internet Explorer) is out of date and no longer supported. Prosper has been a blessing and I would recommend them to anyone! With $25,000 in … Prosper Healthcare lending works with monthly payments established by the borrower and the personal loan provider. I didn't think so, but apparently it is. The WalletHub rating is comprised of reviews from both WalletHub users and ratings on other reputable websites. Some of the sources of information BBB relies on are temporarily unavailable. As a matter of policy, BBB does not endorse any product, service or business. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Is this site a scam? What happened? The algorithm is subject to change in future. If you wish that your prior post be removed, submit a notarized letter, Will not work with customers under financial stress. Prosper ranks 129 of 863 in Loans and Mortgages category. Bradley Wood. Before you apply, take some time and read a few Prosper loan reviews and especially those that deal specifically with Prosper healthcare. BBB reports on known marketplace practices. This company offered no assistance for months during Covid19 .. Review #1613703 is a subjective opinion of poster. to be made from April 1st, 2020-Oct. 1st, 2021. Reviewers write the most about Prosper Loan and give it 1.6 stars out of 5. The new Settlement Agreement entered by Prosper and myself reduced the remaining loan balance to $4892.13 with monthly payments of $257.50. I want to find another better lender but don't want more negative inquiries on my credit report. Prosper loans has been serving customers for 15 years, with more than $16 billion in loans issued to almost a million customers to date. You can first complete a soft application to check the rates you’ll probably pay if your loan is approved, and then decide whether you’d like to do a full application after that. Pleased with the best of of concern. Prosper interest rates range between 6.95% and 35.99%, depending on your credit history, credit score, and several other factors. Prosper Overview. I respectfully requested the pull be removed from my credit report and even a manager refused. Check our FAQ, For more information about PissedConsumer check out our I'm not convinced it is not a scam of some sort. The rating was last updated on 11/07/2020. While most Prosper loan reviews focus on the overall benefits of applying to this lending provider, I’d like to focus on the Prosper healthcare loan option that can help you pay for medical procedures not usually covered by traditional health insurance. Lending Club vs. Prosper. Also, many businesses are closed, suspended, or not operating as usual, and are unable to respond to complaints and other requests. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. But the loan is secured by your house and can take weeks to get. Prosper.com was in fact the first to peer-to-peer (P2P) lending company in the United States, although they got an initially bad reputation from investors. Prosper financial loans are definitely recommended for borrowers with good credit, ideally meaning credit scores of 640 and above. Review #2020876 is a subjective opinion of poster. ", "go somewhere else who legit. It literally impossible to get anyone on the phone or get an email reply. so if have excellent credit, need shop at the local bank or credit union. However, BBB does not verify the accuracy of information provided by third parties, and does not guarantee the accuracy of any information in Business Profiles. Another thing they give loans to people with good credit and my credit ok but not good. I'm probably going to file a police report. Now you may be wondering what Prosper loan rates look like. I had a loan approved and funded from a different lender hours after the Prosper fiasco with the same term and a lower rate. Review #1862491 is a subjective opinion of poster. Check our FAQ. They charged late fees and had no conscious or understanding. Prosper Debt Consolidation Loan Options Compared, (10-year draw period; 10 - 15-year repayment period for remaining balance). Editorial and user-generated content on this page is not reviewed or otherwise endorsed by any financial institution. Waking Up From Coronavirus With A $1 Million Medical Bill, At A Time Of Need We Are Here For You With A List Of Best Medical Loans, Benefit from a unique platform that allows applicants to “pitch” themselves to investors, Access a range of loan amounts, from $2000 to $40,000, Pay no penalties for early settlement (prepayment) of the loan, Only face an initial soft credit check that won’t affect your credit score, Customers with average to poor credit may not secure a competitive interest rate, Depending on how extensive your medical procedure turns out, the upper limit of $35,000 may be insufficient to cover all the costs, The initiation fee is not negotiable and is determined by Prosper. You will regret it.". When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints. Easy to deal with. Review #2059367 is a subjective opinion of poster. I need a loan right away. There is not enough information available to create the chart. User's recommendation: Find a better lender that cares about their customers. Customer Reviews are not used in the calculation of BBB Rating. Here’s what you can expect. Prosper doesn't really give details on terms, and they only work with doctors in bariatric surgery centers, cosmetic dental offices, cosmetic and plastic surgery centers, and fertility clinics. You can also pay the loan off early if you'd like, with no penalty. You can borrow as many times as you want within Prosper's 10-year draw period, though, as long as you never exceed the credit limit.