Chart points out the risk level in using a less than mainstream language or tool where JavaScript, TypeScript/Anguar, SQL, C# and Java are the mainstream ones and the rest are unlikely to get long term 10 or more year traction in the business world. The RedMonk Programming Language Rankings: June 2020. The flexibility of the tool becomes an important advantage thanks to which the PHP programming language is among the most popular. If you are not engaged in this business as a hobby, but in the role of income, knowledge of C++ does not hurt. Therefore, the stable presence of C++ in the ratings of perspective programming languages clearly indicates that it possesses those advantages that have not lost their relevance even now. Beyond the top tiers of languages, depending on the snapshot, the amount of data to assess is minute, and the actual placement of languages becomes less reliable the further down the list one proceeds. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 4 PHP In other words, will be popular those languages that differ by prospective application areas. The wide popularity of Python is due precisely to this factor, besides the listed aspects. Java Among those giant organizations that use the Python language, it is worth noting Cisco, Intel, Hewlett-Packard. By the way, the Bing search engine was “written” using this language. - consideration of multitasking in the development process; Besides the above plot, which can be difficult to parse even at full size, we offer the following numerical rankings. By Stephen O'Grady | Rust: Last on our list is Rust, which neither grew nor declined but instead held steady at #23. #3. It will be interesting to see if the ascent of languages such as Kotlin, Swift and TypeScript opens the door for other emerging languages, or if they remain statistical outliers. - creation of websites; Its growth has been more tortoise than hare, but it’s up another two spots to place #34. With the month of June in the books, it’s time to drop our third quarter bi-annual Programming Language rankings. This happens much more slowly than, for example, in web design or trends concerning the structure of sites. 8 Ruby But there is also nothing in either the data here or the market context which would suggest this is likely or imminent. #2. Among the current trends that will continue to affect in 2019 will be 9 most popular programming languages. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. I live in Maine, but, the developer-focused industry analyst firm. Examples of successful projects where C++ was used include Amazon, Adobe, Chrome, Windows. By Java can be written: Go has remained a solidly top twenty language, but has never placed higher than 14th, and that for only a single quarter.