I'm watching , I am watching, He's handsome, he is handsome. We use the present simple to talk about actions that we do (o we don’t do) regularly: We often use the present simple with adverbs of frequency (always, sometimes, etc.) mso-header-margin:35.4pt; We are not talking about what happens regularly, which may be different. Please leave a comment below if you have a question or if you find a mistake. 7I finished watching the series you recommended. 4. Hint: Pay attention to the keywords (see above) for each verb tense. English Current recommends Grammarly as a learning tool to reduce English mistakes. Other common non-action verbs are: agree, be, depend, need, mean, remember, realise, recognise, seem, want, etc. With Lingolia Plus you can access 13 additional exercises about Simple Present - Present Progressive, as well as 718 online exercises to improve your English. 6I 'm never wearingnever wear a scarf, but today I wear'm wearing one because it's unusually cold. Choose the correct tense (simple present or present progressive). English Level: High Beginner, Lower-Intermediate, Worksheet Download: present-simple-present-progressive-worksheet.docx (scroll down to study the exercises online), Jump to: Present Simple (below), Present Progressive, Exercises, Present Simple keywords: never, sometimes, often, usually, always, every day. 7. Find out more about cookies and how to change your cookie settings. margin-bottom:.0001pt; 4Please keep quiet, I listen'm listening to the radio. mso-paper-source:0;} At the moment Mary  (sweep) the floor. We normally use short forms in spoken English. Also, you can see that we only added an s to the verb of the last sentence because the subject, ‘water‘, means ‘it‘. When you say “I’m going home soon”, it means that you already have a plan in your mind to go home soon. Would you like to come and watch the game? My granny  (make) a surprise for my birthday every year. Is Lola using the computer now? These are facts. 5. He works from Monday to Friday. Well, the plans are in the future, but they are something we have now. Present continuous – short forms. ), Form: Subject + Auxiliary Verb (BE) + Verb in ~ing, Present Progressive keywords: now, right now, at the moment, currently, presently, today. Supply the correct tense of the verb. For example: The main idea is that John usually works, but now (= this month) he’s doing something different. 3. Get 3 months membership for just €10.49 (≈ $12.48). We use the simple present tense to talk about general truths, facts, likes, dislikes and preferences. never, sometimes, often, usually, always, every day, now, right now, at the moment, currently, presently, today, Grammar: Present Simple vs. When I say “I’m going home soon”, it means that now, you (should be ‘I’) have a plan to go home soon. -->. 1In Johannesburg most people speakare speaking at least five languages. English: Present Simple, Present Continuous, Past Simple. Peter and Ann usually  (help) their mother. Get 3 months membership for just €10.49 (≈ $12.48). She works as a