This test is divided into 4 sections - A: Present tenses, B: Past tenses, C: Past tenses and D:Mixed Tenses. We have been painting the walls. She has been looking for a job since she left college. 3. What should I do now? I’ve bought / have been buying a brand new car. We use cookies to enhance your experience. You have eaten a dozen cookies today. Present Perfect Vs Present Perfect Continuous Vs... By manuelapereira Once again, it is a graded worksheet with five different groups of exercises for students to use the three tenses. Present Perfect Simple. Present perfect vs present perfect continuous. Have you finished / Have you been finishing eating your sandwich yet? Hope you find it useful. It's an exercise to practice present perfect continuous. 1. A clear and easy mind map to read with information about the main differences between present perfect simple and present perfect continuous. Present perfect simple vs present perfect continuous, Some exercises for students to see the difference in use between the present perfect simple and continuous. 6. We have lived / have been living in this city for ten years. How long have you known Julie? By registering to and using our site, you agree to our use of cookies. I have been working all morning. Download this exercise in PDF. 1. We have not heard anything from them yet. English perfect tenses grammar exercises - Simple perfect tenses vs perfect continuous tenses worksheet with answers (Future perfect progressive, past perfect progressive, present perfect progressive) 4. November 12, 2019 - Fill in the blanks with a present perfect or present perfect continuous tense. Can you correct these 14 basic grammar mistakes? Present perfect simple vs. The present perfect simple tense is used with finished actions, while the present perfect progressive tense is used with unfinished actions. Click here to return to the list of English grammar exercises. Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous Differences in Usage. Sorry about the mess. This is the fifth time you have asked that question. ‘You look hot.’ ‘Yes, I have been running.’. Examples: The kids have played for 2 hours. Present Perfect Continuous. I have been working on this project for six months now. / Exercises / Present Perfect vs. 8. They have been living together for six years now. 2. (present perfect simple) The kids have been playing since morning. I have written ten letters since morning. ID: 21477 Language: English School subject: English as a Second Language (ESL) Grade/level: Pre-intermediate Age: 15+ Main content: Present perfect continuous Other contents: Present Perfect VS Present Continuous, Vocabulary about people Add to my workbooks (120) Download file pdf Embed in my website or blog Add to Google Classroom Page 1 has a chart showing Past Simple vs. Choose the present perfect simple or continuous. Congrats, you're now a member here, too. (present perfect continuous) Present Perfect vs Present Perfect COntinuous. Present Perfect vs. Present Perfect Vs Present Perfect Continuous Vs... Once again, it is a graded worksheet with five different groups of exercises for students to use the three tenses. I have already received the report. 7. Title: Microsoft Word - present perfect simple or present perfect continuous 3.doc Author: Seonaid Created Date: 1/27/2013 2:26:28 PM Sitemap. 3. I am tired. :) Please wait until page is refreshed! Present Perfect Simple or Present Perfect Continuous Worksheet 1 Choose Present Perfect Simple or Present Perfect Continuous 1. 4. Present Perfect Continuous. Click here to review how to make the present perfect. Multi-page document. Page 2 has this chart plus Present Perfect Cont... Would you like to become a member of iSLCollective ? I have been cleaning / have cleaned all day and I still have work to do. Answers. 5. This board game is aimed at speaking practice of present perfect simple and present perfect continuous tense. 2. Present Perfect Simple or Continuous Exercise 1. Present Perfect Continuous vs presente perfecto, present perfect vs present perfect continuous. I have finished mopping the floors. Click here to review how to make the present perfect continuous.