storage: { 4) You are not watching a movie every week. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_leftslot' }}]}, { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654156' }}, * 4. "sign-in": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/auth/signin?rid=READER_ID", 4) We are not watching a movie every week. },{ k.setAttribute("data-push", "1"); { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '539971065', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, googletag.enableServices(); Moreover, the tense provides a way of speaking about things that are in the process or temporary. 'max': 30, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_rightslot' }}, - Definition & Examples, How & When to Use Perfect Tense in English, Present Participle in English: Definition & Examples, What Are Correlative Conjunctions? Good article. googletag.pubads().addEventListener('slotRenderEnded', function(event) { if (!event.isEmpty && event.slot.renderCallback) { event.slot.renderCallback(event); } }); We put am/is /are according to person and singular number. It is called progressive tense because it refers to actions which are currently in progress at the time of speaking. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [160, 600] }}, { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_btmslot' }}, { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [300, 250] }}, Definition and Examples. { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot2' }}]}]; - Definition & Examples, What is Present Perfect Tense? }] 'max': 36, { bidder: 'pubmatic', params: { publisherId: '158679', adSlot: 'cdo_rightslot' }}]}, 10) My neighbor is constantly traveling somewhere; it's like he's never home. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162036', zoneId: '776156', position: 'atf' }}, I absolutely love this website. (go), 4) My brother is ____________ an exam. storage: { { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '555365', size: [160, 600] }}, For example, a person might say: The present continuous tense is used for the present to show something that happens repeatedly. {code: 'ad_btmslot_a', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_btmslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/btmslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, window.__tcfapi('addEventListener', 2, function(tcData, success) { googletag.pubads().setTargeting("cdo_pc", "dictionary"); 13) The moon is _________ bright tonight. Sentence Agreement: Avoiding Faulty Collective Ownership, AP English Language: Homework Help Resource, Biological and Biomedical { The present perfect continuous (also called present perfect progressive) is a verb tense which is used to show that an action started in the past and has continued up to the present moment. {code: 'ad_rightslot', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250]] } }, Answers- 1)a, 2)b, 3)a, 4)c, 5)a, 6)b, 7)c, 8)b, 9)a, 10)b. "authorization": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/auth/info?rid=READER_ID&url=CANONICAL_URL&ref=DOCUMENT_REFERRER&type=&v1=&v2=&v3=&v4=english&_=RANDOM", { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_MidArticle' }}, {code: 'ad_rightslot2', pubstack: { adUnitName: 'cdo_rightslot2', adUnitPath: '/2863368/rightslot2' }, mediaTypes: { banner: { sizes: [[300, 250], [120, 600], [160, 600]] } }, Usage explanations of natural written and spoken English, 0 && stateHdr.searchDesk ? var mapping_houseslot_b = googletag.sizeMapping().addSize([963, 0], []).addSize([0, 0], [300, 250]).build(); 6) She is ___________ to the grocery store. 6) The beach (change); it never looks exactly the same as it did the day before. { bidder: 'openx', params: { unit: '541042770', delDomain: 'idm-d.openx.net' }}, The tense is used to discuss something that is in process as well and doesn't necessarily refer to something that is happening at that very moment. bids: [{ bidder: 'rubicon', params: { accountId: '17282', siteId: '162050', zoneId: '776336', position: 'btf' }}, When the present continuous tense is paired with the adverb 'always,' it signifies something that irritates the speaker. "sign-up": "https://dictionary.cambridge.org/auth/signup?rid=READER_ID", { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, } } In present continuous tense, we use present participle. - Definition & Examples, What is an Adverb of Frequency? var pbAdUnits = getPrebidSlots(curResolution); { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_SR' }}, iasLog("__tcfapi removeEventListener", success); (function (w, d) { for (var i = 0, j = d.getElementsByTagName("ins"), k = j[i]; i < j.length; k = j[++i]){ { bidder: 'triplelift', params: { inventoryCode: 'Cambridge_Billboard' }}, Let us see some examples of negative sentences with the formula for present continuous tense when the First Person is Plural: हम परीक्षा के लिए कठिन अध्ययन नहीं कर रहे हैं।. { bidder: 'ix', params: { siteId: '195464', size: [120, 600] }}, For converting these sentences into interrogative sentences the formula is that you add is/ am/ are at the starting of the sentence followed by ‘you’ and the rest of the rule remains the same. { bidder: 'criteo', params: { networkId: 7100, publisherSubId: 'cdo_topslot' }}, These actions are occurring exactly at the time of speaking. - They are visiting this afternoon. The present continuous tense is used to talk about something that is currently happening in an ongoing way, generally for a finite period of time - think of it as something that is going on. Generally, it's used to talk about things that have been planned. What Is a Bibliography and When Should I Write One? we use present Progressive tense. In all the above sentences the speaker is talking about events that are occurring at the moment when the words are being spoken. Learn Education, Technology and get updated. { bidder: 'appnexus', params: { placementId: '11654156' }}, The present continuous tense is an important facet of the English language because it allows the speaker to convey things that are happening in the moment or in the near future.