I followed up again and was then told early September, however I’m still waiting. Please could someone come back to me ASAP - there is no number for me to call and I have tried to email the customer service team again, but still no response. Contacted end of August update&request to apply 30% sale. We live down Red Hill and when the delivery truck got there the driver refused to drive down our road, worrying that he would get stuck. Just horrible. This is a public forum presenting user opinions on selected products and businesses, and as such the views expressed do not reflect the opinion of ProductReview.com.au. I am sorry I was unable to speak with you directly today. The pace of global regulations is hard to predict, but we have the ultimate goal of being able to offer our products everywhere. I followed up again and was then told early September, however I’m still waiting. I want to pick up so why should I have to pay for delivery? Pottery Barn Products and Services Reviews. I am sorry I was unable to speak with you directly today. Review #2266918 is a subjective opinion of poster. Unless I put these sheets on the bed straight out of the dryer, I ran into a mess of wrinkles. Can someone please provide me with an update on this immediately. I am sorry, but I don't have access to your inquiries with our Support/Customer Service team. Shiela. Consumers complaining about Pottery Barn Kids most frequently mention customer service, delivery date and business days problems. i ordered some chair cushions and realized the same day that they were the wrong color. Long wait for item - poor service response. The brand is passionate about their service offerings in order to give you the best of the best. Worst customer service ever! We share your disappointment and greatly appreciate your understanding. If that's the case can i just pick up the item from their warehouse? What they did not tell me was that I would need to contact them to tell them that it was back in stock and that I would need to ...Read more, We are sorry for your negative experience with our customer service department. Nice products but their service is atrocious. StarTrack has confirmed they delivered the rug to the Horsely Park (Williams Sonoma/Pottery Barn warehouse) address 12 October at 1.41pm AEST. Buyer beware - Pottery Barn's return process a nightmare! Thank you! Went into the Brisbane store on Saturday and wanted to buy, then told have to pay $75 delivery fee. Pottery Barn Kids ranks 14th among Kids' Furniture sites. Weeks later I rang to be passed on to DHL, who said it had been sitting in their warehouse for weeks as they sent reports to PBA with the need for more info. Review #2251007 is a subjective opinion of poster. Our delivery service in other states will not be affected. Honestly the worst service I have experienced for any online store. I thought they held their form after multiple washes, but unless I put them on the bed straight out of the dryer, they wrinkled very easily. Additionally, our Small Standard and Standard Delivery service will no longer provide a room of choice delivery but instead will be delivered into the customer’s choice of either their home’s first room closest to their door or into their garage. Once the fitted sheet was on my bed, the wrinkles weren’t that noticeable, but my pillowcases stayed crinkled until I slept on them for a night or two. For me the difference in colour between the website and our order was substantial. How will you be able to help? Our furniture, home decor and accessories collections feature sumatra bed in quality materials and classic styles. I am sorry that you have had such a difficult experience with your order and return.... You can’t speak to anyone in any type of supervisors position They send you an email to confirm refund and it takes another few days to actually hit your c/c. The biggest difference between these two sets is that, unlike Pottery Barn, Tuft & Needle doesn’t specify that its sheets are Fair Trade Certified. ... Read more, Please see email message sent to Customerservice@williams-sonoma Attn: EvanH, I am sorry, but I do not have access to that email address. Ordered a product on 12th April 2020 and paid. She provided absolutely terrible customer service and not once did she apologise or empathise for completely wasting my day and she did not seem at all interested in finding a workable solution. Generally, sheets in the 400 to 600-thread-count range tend to be sturdier and more affordable than sheets with ultra-high thread counts, but still soft—and that was definitely the case with these. I expect to deal with people from within Australia when I am purchasing a product from a store in Australia. I have no time or intention to do so. It is once again sitting in the warehouse, needing to have the address checked/updated. That should not be the case for this return reason. Not only have I not heard from DHL, so the incorrect order is still with me, pottery barn customer service refuses to rectify a mistake they made on the lantern by sending a replacement! Review #2236427 is a subjective opinion of poster.