Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Landing the Big Fish of Body Health, Itchy Heads: It's National Head Lice Prevention Month, Gaming with Friends Can Combat Loneliness, That Rush You Get Hearing a Favorite Tune Is Real, Love Social Media? Did you know that a heart attack isn't the same thing as a cardiac arrest? Do you know how to prevent head lice infestations? But I won’t buy “store brand” raisin brans. I know this because i just bought a box of POST raisin bran (it was cheaper than the Kellogg’s). According to Wikipedia, Skinner's was the first Raisin Bran on the market, way back in the 20's. You’ll find crispy whole grain bran flakes and plump, juicy raisins in every spoonful. Each serving is packed with 16 grams of whole grains that your body needs. Hmm…. No, no, no… the sugared raisins are in Raisin Nut Bran. Arrowhead Mills Organic Oat Bran Flakes, 4. Post, Post, Post! I’ve had both and can’t tell the difference. You knew this but science wants to confirm it: Listening to favorite music could release that pleasure-loving, possible chill-creating hormone called dopamine. Total Raisin Bran is decent, too, but it’s a lot more expensive and generally not worth it. Perhaps that’s why the “supermarket-brands” suck so badly: maybe they cheap-out and don’t sugar-coat their raisins. Nature's Path Flax Plus Multibran Flakes delivers a hearty crunch into your equally hearty breakfast! Never tried Post’s Raisen Bran. Post advertises their usage of Sun-Maid brand raisins, although the raisin quality in the box bears no resemblance to genuine Sun-Maid raisins. Their gimmick was to coat the flakes, too, in a very fine sugar syrup. Made with whole grain wheat and whole bran, Post Bran Flakes cereal is not only tasty, but also heart-friendly as it is low in saturated fats and cholesterol. Which is better, Post or Kellogg’s? If anything, they are claiming that their cereal is differnt from Kelloggs because it has 25% less sodium. I just ate a bowl of Post Raisin Bran, and as I poured it into the bowl i noticed…TA DAH…sugared raisins!! Each serving of this crispy and lightly-sweetened cereal is not only packed with fiber and protein, but also contains seven vitamins and minerals. Post has flimsy branflakes too, they tend to get much soggier in milk. While it’s slightly higher in calories, this is a great alternative to traditional Kellogg’s Raisin Bran (which has tons of sugar – 18g per serving). allow manufacturers other than the originator to call their raisins and flakes of bran cereals “Raisin Bran”)? Each serving is packed with 5 grams of fiber and 16 grams of essential whole grains. Total Raisin Bran is decent, too, but it’s a lot more expensive and generally not worth it. I’ve always preferred Post over Kelloggs, but it’s been so long since I tried Kellogg’s it may be improved now. Oddly, I don’t like raisins in other cereals, but eat it in theirs. Wake up with Sunny and the simple goodness of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran® Cereal. I, of course, have absolutely no scientific basis for my conclusion…it’s just…better! No, No, No! I LIKE the smaller flakes. This low-sugar cereal is made from fiber-rich whole grains and ALA Omega 3-rich flax seeds, and offers 16 grams of whole grains and 5 grams of protein per serving. SUGAR RUSH!!! You can still buy Uncle Sam’s Cereal, but I find that cardboard with honey tastes much better. ), I’ve found myself to be a liar. It wasn’t until I read this and realized that the kind I like, is Kellogs. In their mind, and rightfully so, they feel they should have a larger share of the raisin bran market. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. © 2020 Medical Daily LLC. I’ve filed numerous complaints with the FDA and the BBB, and I’m considering filing a lawsuit for 1983 civil rights violations. I buy that one. For about a minute back in the 80s Post tried getting rid of the sugar - and the result was inedible. ( Log Out /  That and they make the flakse out of dead skin and old phone books. ( Log Out /  I like my burgers medium-rare with a side order of french fries. Only one of the brands (Post, IIRC) has sugared raisins. Let me know if you are interested in joining in so we can do a class action. I’ve tried one or two, but the other stuff often has too powdery a texture. Nature’s Path Flax Plus Raisin Bran. Which, the box clearly says, is “better tasting than Kellogg’s and Post raisin bran.” Oh yes, it is. Here are our. To aid in your body's digestion, check out 8 of the best bran cereals for breakfast: Made with oats that are sweetened with all-natural fruit juice beforehand, Arrowhead Mills Organic Oat Bran Flakes cereal is not only a great source of fiber, but is also low-fat as well. I don’t really have a preference, they’re all pretty much the same to me. Kellogg promotes its brand with the "smiling sun" mascot and advertises "two scoops of raisins in every box." Enter “raisin bran” in google, and Kellogg’s Raisin Bran will be the first listing that pops up. (To me, plain Total tastes like a vitamin pill. I am Mr. Cheeseburger 9000. Kellogg’s has sugared raisins! What allows you to put that name on a cereal? Nature's Path Multigrain Oat Bran Flakes - 32-Ounce, 6-Pack, 6. Post Raisin Bran, on the other hand, has bigger flakes and the raisins are a lot fluffier. I read recently the Mowtown RAISIN GUYS are coming back!!! I guess I like them so much, I do not even care if the raisins are smaller and more dried out. (To me, plain Total tastes like a vitamin pill.) They’re better than Total Raisin Bran or some of the other knock offs or late comers to the Raisin Bran Wars. They suck. Oat bran, on the other hand, supports healthy bowels, and is loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants as well as both soluble and insoluble fiber. (At least for a while, anyway. What the hell is bran, anyway? In their mind, and rightfully so, they feel they should have a larger share of the raisin bran market. ( Log Out /  Remember Crispy Wheats-n-Raisins? But the best cereal, IMHO is Count Chocula. O. There’s nothing fishy about the benefits of omega-3s. ( Log Out /  Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. I go with whatever is on sale or the one I have a better coupon for. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Seems to me that this looks a lot like false advertising. Years of research suggest that vision, lung function, immune system performance, and even sperm count can all be improved by omega-3s. Kellogg’s is MUCH better. You Could Scroll into Trouble. Wheat bran and Oat bran each have their benefits for your body. These two cereals are natural competitors.… It actually took me 8 years before I realized I wasn’t buying Kellogg’s Raisin Bran. Through a combination of oven-baked oat bran, coconut flakes, cinnamon and nutmeg, Kellogg's Cracklin' Oat Bran delivers a tasty way to start your morning! So now I don’t know what makes Kellogg’s better ('cause i’m still asserting Kellogg’s is better)…maybe it’s the bran flakes. I always thought raisins would be sweet enough on their own. It was made by the same company, U.S. Mills, that made Uncle Sam’s Cereal. Medical Daily is for informational purposes and should not be considered medical advice, diagnosis or treatment recommendation. Certified organic by the USDA, Nature's Path Multigrain Oat Bran Flakes is made from Organic oat and wheat along with yellow corn, and is packed with 14 grams of whole grain, 5 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein per serving--all with cholesterol-lowering Beta-Glucan. Kosovo Independence: A Muslim Conspiracy? I had no idea. Is there any difference at all? Post Raisin Bran, on the other hand, has bigger flakes and the raisins are a lot fluffier. The box, although look simular because of the colour, is still distinctively different, and the Kelloggs logo above Post does not make it seem like the cereal is a “Kellogg’s Post” cereal. Nowadays, when most people think of Raisin Bran, they are thinking of Kellogg’s Raisin Bran. Sugar-covered raisins? Apple picking could be a good outing to take this fall, as it lends itself to social distancing. All rights reserved. Kellogg's Raisin Bran Delicious Raisins Perfectly Balanced with Crisp, Toasted Bran Flakes vs Post Raisin Bran Whole Grain Wheat & Bran Cereal Today, I’m doing a bowl-to-bowl comparison of the two Titans in the world of Raisin Bran, Post vs Kellogg’s! Now, as for Post vs. Kellogg’s - I prefer Post’s because the bran flakes are better. Clearly I am on to something massive here. I like Total with Raisins much better than either of the two. Even under the best of circumstances RB doesn’t keep for that long.) Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Having a healthy breakfast is a must for you to stay full and active in the morning. Made from a delicious wheat bran, oat bran and Psyllium seed husk blend, each serving is packed with 17 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein. Made with crispy toasted bran flakes and sweet dried raisins, Kellogg's Raisin Bran is packed with 28 grams of fiber-rich whole grains which also contain 8 essential vitamins and minerals, and is also heart-friendly as it is low in saturated fats and cholesterol. My grocery store prices them exactly the same. Enter “raisin bran” in google, and Kellogg’s Raisin Bran will be the first listing that pops up. I challenge you to a live debate. So, to have any prayer of non-stale RB, you coat the raisins in superfine sugar, which helps keep the moisture locked in the raisins where it belongs. They have more flavor, and since they’re larger and thicker they don’t turn to mush instantly like Kellogg’s. This slideshow shares some information you might find helpful. One week in and we’re already getting gimmicky. I tasted it and it was blander (more bland?). Wheat bran is packed with many essential nutrients, including Iron, Vitamin B6, and Riboflavin, and is a good source of fiber that prevents or treats constipation. The Nature’s Path version has 168 calories for 1 cup, 7.2g fiber, 10.4g sugar (only 4.8g added sugar) and 5g protein. Kellogg’s Raisin Bran (1 cup) 190 calories 1 grams fat (0 grams saturated) 7 grams fiber ... Post Golden Crisp (1 cup) 145 calories 0 grams fat < 1 grams fiber 18.5 grams sugar.