Set the cheeks aside. Sprinkle some flour on a clean work surface and roll out the dough into long sausage shapes. While the potatoes are still warm, mash them until very smooth or pass through a ricer, then set aside to cool completely. 70 Recipes, The Tivoli Road Baker Strain the liquor and return this liquid to the casserole. For the pork in red wine sauce, heat the butter in a casserole dish and sauté the pigs’ cheeks and pork belly for a few minutes, turning until the meat is browned on all sides. Heat a large frying pan until hot, add the butter and sliced onions and cook over a medium heat for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until very soft and golden brown. Season the cooled potatoes with salt and pepper, stir in the egg yolks and add the flour. Thickly slice the onion, carrots and garlic. Kate Bradley Lennox Hastie Simmer and reduce the liquor down until it is a thick consistency. But I love pork cheeks: it’s the part of the animal that does the most work, and so in my mind has the best flavour. They’re cheap too, and easy to get hold of from your butcher. Add the carrots and more water if needed and cook for another 30 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to a simmer. 116 Recipes, Catalonia With a sharp knife, cut the dough into dumpling shapes of about 2cm/1in. Add the cheeks back to the casserole and cover with the stock. Deep fry for 3-4 minutes, then drain onto kitchen paper. one tin, one meal, no fuss! And yes, I do realise this may seem hypocritical due to the fact that this post is about braised pork cheeks, a meat recipe. Remove the garlic cloves, thyme sprigs and bay leaf. https://www.theguardian.com/.../feb/03/nigel-slater-pigs-cheeks-recipe Quick, easy and healthy meals for busy families When cool enough to handle, remove the skins. 81 Recipes, “I can't think of any greater pleasure in life than good food”, We're sorry but we had trouble running your search. Bring the mixture together to form a dough. Remove the meat from the pan and set aside. Brown the pork cheeks all over in batches, setting them aside when browned. 105 Recipes, Dinner Like A Boss Remove the cheeks from the casserole and set aside. Remove and set aside. Add a little more oil to the pan and turn up the heat. Pork belly and pigs’ cheeks in red wine sauce with gnocchi, Scallop, potato and fennel tart with dill sauce, 500g/1lb 2oz pigs’ cheeks, fat on and each cheek cut in half, 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and peeled, 500g/1lb 2oz potatoes, skin on and cut into even-sized chunks, 100g/3½oz plain flour, plus extra for dusting, bunch of fresh basil, leaves picked and shredded, to garnish. Pour in the wine. Samantha Evans's Add the garlic, cumin and paprika and cinnamon, and cook for a minute. 57 Recipes, PIDAPIPÓ Cook in salted water until al dente. This is the first time I have ever cooked pork cheeks, and the experience showed me just how much we can take the usual cuts of meat for granted. Heat the oil in a large casserole and add the cheeks. Thickly slice the onion, carrots and garlic. Return all the pork and the onions to the pan. Preheat the oven to 150°C. Meanwhile, make the butchers’ sauce. Add the onions, carrots and garlic to the pan and cook over a medium heat until softened, then return the pork cheeks to the pan and add the herbs and white wine. Cover the dough and leave to rest for 30 minutes. If the sauce needs to reduce, cook for slightly longer. Renew your subscription for just £2.99 a month. Amanda Ruben Sue Quinn 88 Recipes, Roasting Tray Magic Season the pork cheeks with salt and pepper. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and knead for about 5 minutes, until it feels silky and smooth. Fry gently on each side until the gnocchi just starts to colour. Hayley McKee Adding a little more flour if the dough is too sticky. 92 Recipes, Tuscany For the pork in red wine sauce, heat the butter in a casserole dish and sauté the pigs’ cheeks and pork belly for a few minutes, turning until the meat is browned on all sides. Cook over a high heat until the cheeks are browned. Add the onions and lardons to the casserole. Leave to drain on kitchen paper. Gradually add 175ml/6fl oz water, while mixing on a medium speed, until a soft dough forms. Add the onions and lardons to the casserole. Simple meals and fabulous feasts from Italy Stir and cook for a further minute. Remove from the pan and set aside. Set the cheeks aside. Combine the pork, potato, chives and egg yolk.Season and roll into 6 balls, then pane them by dipping them in flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Place the potatoes in a saucepan of salted cold water. 55 Recipes, Bliss Bites Katy Holder 57 Recipes, Feasting