We don’t necessarily agree with the order. When you tire of gambling and buffets, consider a visit to Red Rock Canyon or Lake Mead. There are few things that invoke a feeling of relaxation better than picturing yourself sitting in a beach chair on a Caribbean island, with no responsibilities other than adjusting your umbrella and ordering your next cold drink. There are 5 wonderful picnic areas in Gatlinburg as well as several others scattered throughout the Smokies. Years ago when I posted about a trip with my mom, I received a nasty message from another traveler shaming me for being a “grown man traveling with mom.” Whatever for him. I am the youngest. We fly and I drove them (rent a car). And because it’s heavily commercialized, you’ll find almost anything you’ll ever need without leaving the island. on this page is accurate as of the posting date; however, some of our partner offers may have expired. My parents are with me anywhere I go, We traveled together, yes, its a challenge to travel for they are not able to walk as much, as they want. Travel light too.:). Winterfest lights, photos with Santa, & top lodging picks. A visit to the majestic redwoods, the Golden Gate Bridge, Hollywood or other California sites graces the bucket list of 8 percent of retirees. California Do Not Sell My Personal Information Request. Think of spring’s cherry blossoms or autumn’s fiery colors! Mama's Farmhouse serves traditional southern meals family style and all-you-can-eat. First time ni Daddy sumakay sa plane if ever. Follow us on Instagram! My mom loves HK more only because of the weather. Retirement might include a relaxing beach vacation or an exciting second career. Pero my mom answered naman confidently. Consider a relaxing Mediterranean retirement near Spain’s dynamic cities. The first time my parents fly International, my mother told me, she pinch herself if she was dreaming or not. Get a taste of true southern Appalachia when you gather around the table and pass bowls of delicious homemade classics like hand breaded fried chicken, dumplings, sweet potato casserole, green beans, and so much more. The island’s key attractions and other points of interest are just a short walk or a short ride away. He has three passions in life: social media, travel, and --- wait for it --- world peace. That was our last trip na pala :(. You can book online and save $5. There are also attractions that cater specifically to them. Macau’s map is also dotted and shaded by several picturesque parks where the local elderly population spend a few of their hours to relax. when you brought your mom abroad. Whether it’s a visit to the Grand Canyon or spending a mild winter by the pool, 8 percent of boomers would like to visit Arizona. Flights to HK are cheap, comfortable accommodations are plenty, the climate is pleasant, and its major tourist sites are all easily accessible. He really cherished the scenery during the ride. Aquarium, Sentosa Island, Sentosa Merlion Tower, Trick Eye Museum, Jurong Bird Park, Singapore Zoo, Kidzania Singapore, Butterfly Park and Insect Kingdom and many more. Traveling with a senior parent is completely different. Many boomers (12 percent) have America’s largest and northernmost state on their domestic bucket list. Hi thank you sa blog mo. We've said it before and we'll say it again: there's something for everyone in the Smoky Mountains. Some of the nation’s most impressive shows, museums, food and buildings can all be found in New York City. Here you will find information on special services and accomodations, traveling with medications, and more. hiking trails in the Great Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge hotels with handicap accessibility. Around half of the buses in Hong Kong are equipped with wheelchair lifts. My mom is a senior citizen. The trains are also comfortable, with dedicated seats for the elderly. Ranging from amusement parks ideal for a fun day outing with the family to secluded spots for a romantic date with … (Please note that this isn’t based on any official study, just opinions and personal experiences of the members of our FB Group. Osaka’s strategic location enables easy access to Kyoto and Nara too, which means they don’t need to endure long hours to explore tourist favorites in other cities. We are both in our 60s and although we wont be traveling with our children as their own are too young I would be grateful if you could offer any advice to us on where is the most suitable place for our age group. The newest attractions opening this year. This state, and especially Yuma, is one of the sunniest places in the world, and many retirees spend their winters here. A very good read. Thank you. Sa Pinas, ang top of mind ko ay Puerto Princesa. But don’t neglect the area’s surrounding beauty. © Copyright 2018 The Poor Traveler Itinerary Blog. Security is also not a problem. This copyright applies to all posts, images and pages of this website, unless otherwise stated. Macau has a lot of things going for it. It's a theme park located high above the t…, The 1997 film Titanic is the fifth highest grossing film of all time. If not, you can count on the bus, which is also very pleasant and comfortable. Most of its attractions like its shrines, museums, and parks take little effort to be enjoyed. We asked the members of our Facebook Group what they think are the best Asian destinations for senior citizens, and these 10 emerged as the top picks! Some baby boomers (7 percent) are counting the days until their next visit to a Caribbean isle. Research the available options to find an affordable place for retirement. Here are the best places to retire on a budget. Now for the first time since the project was conceived over 50 years ago, motorists can enjoy a gorgeous 33 mile stretch of scenery on the western section of the parkway. I hope I can relive those moments with him. Thank you for sharing :) All trains have seats specially for the elderly. isa ito sa mga time na makabonding since i am working abroad and minsanan ko lng makasama mother ko. Very interesting post ( and sensitive to the older generation) A picnic is a great idea especially if you're visiting the Smokies with family, particularly grandkids. You’re very sweet to take your mom with you and the guy who commented about it was just plain nasty. Thanks for sharing… Got an inspiration from this article. Try these strategies to locate a pension from a former employer. All applicable laws apply and will be enforced. My mom already went to HK last year and been thinking to go on a trip again with her this year. Thanks. Taiwan has been gaining popularity over the past few years as an excellent tourist destination, and one of the questions we get the most is: Is it senior-friendly? Voted best mini golf in our Best Of Pigeon Forge 2018 contest, Crave Golf Club includes 36 custom candy themed holes that will push your imagination to the limits. Your comment is now queued for moderation! Accommodations in San Francisco or Los Angeles can be quite expensive, but a drive up the Pacific Coast Highway or a day at a public beach often comes free of charge. Now that my father has medical issue, its not easy anymore to travel long distance. The beautiful beaches and relaxed island lifestyle draw many people to Hawaii. Senior Travel Tips Not ready to say goodbye to the Smokies? Consider these tips when purchasing real estate in another country. By continuing, you agree to our privacy policy. Seniors also enjoy discounts on a lot of things like octopus card and admission fees for attractions. All Rights Reserved.