Transfer the dough to a greased bowl, cover with a damp. ❤️❤️❤️. Combine all the ingredients of the filling in a small bowl. It worked! With mixer on low speed, add milk and butter mixture to flour mixture. now using it para itinda. My family loves it. I’ve had my fair share of baking bloopers. Can I use soy milk becauae I am allergic to cow’s milk. For the Bread Dough 1 and 1/4 cups warm milk 105-115 F 2 and 1/4 tsp active dry yeast 4 and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, divided + up to 1/8 cup extra for kneading 1 tsp salt 1/2 cup sugar 1/3 cup canola oil 2 large eggs lightly beaten 3/4 cup bread crumbs for coating the bread … Grill? 17 I truly appreciate it . sorry ,i meant to say, directly to the oven?? ; After rising, punch … Im looking forward hearing from you. ), ( Glad you enjoyed this Spanish bread recipe. Made this last night at first i thought it wouldnt turn out good bec as i was proofing the dough (1st rise) The bottom part appeared cook and some part were burned from the warmer of my stove. Siopao are steamed buns. Thank you JC! Hi Denise, I’m glad you liked my recipe. I followed your dough recipe except i added ube flavour and used my own filling which was good, but thanks for the dough recipe, it was briliiant. You will be my to-go-to recipe from now on. I didn’t have any bread flour so I just used APF. 27 You’re welcome! Best Spanish bread recipe I’ve tried! The second batch was almost the same, only with different measurements plus it adds powdered milk to it. I’m so happy you like my Spanish bread recipe. And also im using instant dry yeast. Great to hear that…we also don`t like it too sweet in general . I am using this recipe to sell spanish bread! It’s so soft, fluffy and not too sweet. Try this next time: Place a glass baking dish on the bottom rack of the oven and fill it with boiling water. You’re welcome Maria. Would like to ask what brand if Oven you have ? Hope to hear about your second try which I know will be awesome! It’s perfect! I read a lot of different recipes for Spanish bread and they all have the same ingredient for the bread, which is similar to Pandesal, so I just used my own recipe for that. That temp should work, depending on the size of your oven and how close the dough are to the heat source. i love your recipe.. i just recently started baking and have tried few spanish bread recipes online but they all turned out to dry easily and not fluffy,as well as,i feel like something was lacking to their recipe.. so i kept looking for other recipes and found yours. I would think it would be challenging because you’ll probably need to bake it in several batches. The filling was brownish, not yellowish like ones I see on bakeries back home. If i make 2 batches of spanish bread? Wow! I’m happy your bread turned out good . My husband & the kids loves it. Thank you for sharing. If I am correct then you need to place an additional tray at the bottom rack to prevent the bottom of your baked goods from burning. It is a yeasted bread that is rolled into a log enclosing within a sugary and buttery filling. Hi, I don’t have a bread flour. Just wondering if you have ube pandesal recipe. Thank you. This is recipe i awesome! So you enjoy the full deliciousness of it without wasting any. This will help easily activate it. Welcome to Foxy Folksy, where I share my love of food, travels and DIY projects. Hi! Otherwise, the bread will end up having a yeasty taste. I added 1tbs of sugar to the bread to make it slightly sweeter And another yolk. Hi Maricar, Yes you can. Thank you for such wonderful feedback, Toby! Divide into four equal pieces. Will do the rest of your recipe soon. Knead the dough with lightly oiled hands until it becomes smooth and elastic, about 10-12 minutes. But you can crush it to become finer and use that instead. Hi Mella! Can i use different milk and instant yeast? 21 10 But I’ve seen a lot of vegan recipes use it so I think there’s no harm in trying. But it turned the best spanish bread I have since we move in Canada. I’m so happy to hear that Mae. hehe. Using a rolling pin, flatten each dough until it stretches into an elongated triangular … It’s super soft.. Brush each rolled dough with milk or water then roll it on a plate of breadcrumbs and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper: make sure that the end part sits at the bottom so it won't open up while baking. That’s the beauty of making your own food, you can customize it to your liking. Thank you for sharing! Now i can bake this spanish bread every now and then for my family. Fan? My husband and kids loved my bread all because of this recipe. This is one of my comfort foods from the Philippimes and wanted to share with my kids here in the US. Add eggs. I don’t usually leave comments but this recipe is the bomb. Note: Once the shaped dough rolls have proved, you can’t remove or touch it in the pan. – Mella, Hi! It took me four batches to finally get the filling right. It uses the same filling as siopao asado. Thank you so much this is the only recipe make my spanish bread perfect not hard even the next day. Tried this just this morning and it’s a good one! Janette here. Place a glass baking dish on the bottom rack of the oven and fill it with boiling water. Flatten the dough with a rolling pin until it stretches into a triangular shape. how long has it been? Spanish bread has that effect on every Filipino ❤️. It is very common to find them in ‘panaderia‘ or local bakeries. Over the dozen recipes I’ve tried so far, so far this is the best recipe out there. Updated in April 2020 to include new photos and a recipe video. Enjoy while still warm. Did the yeast properly activate before mixing in with the rest of the ingredients? Start with 3/4 cup water and add more up to 1 cup if the dough is too dry. This recipe lives up to its promise… soft. Thank you for sharing this. The BEST! It was crunchy on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside. Happy to hear you liked my recipe. I really love your pandesal and spanish bread recipe. I’m tempting to try cassava flour and add 1c apf. Check out this post for more tips on baking with yeast. Required fields are marked *, Thank you for sharing! In a big bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Remove from oven. I’m not a novice baker and I’ve had bad experiences with spanish bread. I tried this recipe and i sooo loved it. Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoy your stay. I just finished baking these beauties using my bread maker for the dough, using the instructions specific to my bread maker model. Thanks for using my recipe Maureen! Hi! First time for me to make Spanish bread and I followed your recipe. Hi.Thank you very much for this yummylicious recipe.Super helpful ang tips mo sa pagbake nito.Share more recipes please.Keep safe. I made this tonight and it was so yummy?? ), ( I think the 2nd rise was a little better and in the end it turned out good. Please check your email for a confirmation of your subscription. The recipe remains the same. If you ever make one, I’d be very interested in the outcome. Add a teaspoon of sugar to the water before stirring in the yeast. The dough should be a little sticky that will result in moist and soft bread. though i made some mistake in making the filling. Your recipe is great. The recipe was SUPERB! My first ever attempt at bread-making. ), ( thanks po. Dough should be moderate to stiff and elastic. I tried making this recipe and it’s a success! Preheat oven at 180c/356f, 15 minutes before the dough rolls finishes rising. Of your recipes. ), ( thank u in advance. All-purpose flour is perfectly fine for Spanish Bread. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies. It is recommended to use ADY for slow rising .. I’ve never tried using cassava flour for any of my bread recipes. I’ve tried many recipe online but they never comes close to the legit taste of a panaderya bread. Will definitely try to bake this one. The recipe calls for 1/2 cup which is just enough (actually more than enough compared to other recipes). Add warm milk, yeast mixture, egg yolks, and butter to the dry ingredients. More of them to come…. When ready to use, thaw overnight in the fridge then shape the next morning. I followed your recipe and my dough didn’t rise as expected I’m feeling very disappointed?can u pls tell me what could’ve went wrong. Thank you for the wonderful feedback on this well-loved Filipino bread. Hi Tina, Hi will try this soon! Hi Joy, Thanks in advance. Punch down the dough and divide into 16 equal parts using a knife of dough slicer. Soft and fluffy and the filling is just right – not that sweet but flavorful. I finally found the perfect recipe for spanish bread!!! I can only think of two reasons: 1) it’s possible that the filling was too wet or 2) it was spread too thinly. I love having this with Chicken Sopas. 29 Not sure if a hand mixer can handle that much dough. **Note: Check the consistency of the dough before putting all the remaining flour. Can I do anything to save it or make it rise? Would like to ask if ilang days po mag remain soft and bread? -Mella, This recipe is superb i tried many times and always been perfect soft and fluffy and the filling .. thanks again for the perfect taste. Its only my filling was ghe problem???? Thank you for sharing specially the useful tips! we find the recipes very nice & very helpful. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. You can freeze just the dough after the first rise. Thank you to your recipe and assistant message via instagram so helpful. Thank you for sharing your recipe! It’s too much to have it in one day, can I freeze some of it? i tried this today and i love it. Can you share yours :) thank you.leah, Hi Leah, I have shared two lasagna recipes here already, check out these links:*Vegan Lasagna*Beef and Spinach Lasagna, thank you for sharing. Divide the dough into 20 to 24 portions. The filling was not that sweet too which I really liked. Sorry. However i wanted to make a double batches of spanish bread because my family loves it and 1 batch is not enough for them. Hi Dhey, You’re welcome! I couldn’t find bread flour so I only used all purpose flour. Woohoo! Hi Mella, thanks for your superb recipe it was nice . https://www.rivertenkitchen.com/ube-cheese-pandesal-bread.html, https://www.rivertenkitchen.com/category/baked-goods/bread, https://www.rivertenkitchen.com/soft-buttery-pandesal.html, Garlic Butter Crab with Sweet Chili Sauce, Small Batch Soft Cinnamon Rolls (quick ‘n easy), Make sure the water is lukewarm before putting in the yeast. It turned out so good and my family loved it. Thanks. Then, I combined the dry ingredients (except the yeast) and added those on top of the wet ingredients. ), ( Thank you so much for teaching! The challenge for me was making the perfect filling. My first time to bake spanish bread and it turns out perfectly soft Yey!!! I punched it down, and then cut the dough in half. Can I just use it rather than combining the two?Will it make the same result? Whole, skim, 2%, lactaid?