Her tiny home videos are so awesome that I almost forgot to study for my finals…, https://www.youtube.com/user/kirstendirksen, I highly recommend her work! – but psh. We love our summer days “up north”! Complex Carbs: Granola consists of whole grain rolled oats. Can you recommend any substitutes for the pretzels please? Please and thank you! 2) Add more peanut butter or honey if things seem to dry or crumbly. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. . My last tip is to wait to make the final judgement on taste until after it’s cooled. Hi Lindsay, this recipe looks awesome! Did you eat it plain? Required fields are marked *. I just saw that you’ll be in Cancun. ★☆ Keywords: homemade granola bars, soft granola bars, granola bar recipe, Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram and hashtag it #pinchofyum. Favorite things include my camera, lake days, and dark chocolate. Just… leave me alone. I’ll save the eggs for the poached egg and avocado toast thank you very much. Some brands actually extract some of the natural oils and then add hydrogenated oil back to the peanuts during processing! It seems like they should have regulations on that! Had to be. The internet has changed me. I’m kidding, in that ha-ha-serious way. I love granola. And also, of course, we are on the 8th floor of our hotel. Had to. Definitely going on my list of things to make! I think it’s so funny that we’re now “those people” that we used to always roll our eyes about. I do usually post on MWF but I’ve been changing it up lately! 5.0 out of 5 stars 3. . I will make these. Your recipes & blog are great, keep up the good work . Click here for some tips. *knock on wood*) Well, when I was a kid, I was half scared, but half thrilled because I thought it was fun. I have 2 boys, Zander (4) and Dax (2.5), and one little girl, Willow (9 months). Yes – that’s actually really similar to this one: https://pinchofyum.com/our-favorite-coconut-oil-granola – it gets a little more crunchy with the coconut oil though! Take it and run with it, friends. A food blog with simple, tasty, and (mostly) healthy recipes. Therefore, you can tweak some of the ingredients for others to make it more to your liking. Whisk the peanut butter, canola oil, real maple syrup, vanilla, and milk together until smooth. This granola is so easy to make! How do people live in places with earthquakes? A little thing about me: I ♡ FOOD. So annoying. Combine peanut butter and honey in a bowl and microwave until peanut butter melts (approximately 20 seconds). Only takes minutes for those little charmers to steal your heart. I basically never eat granola bars because of the whole “crunchy-gonna-break-my-teeth” factor, this is NOT my jam. I love those big clusters! Thanks for the explanation, Lindsay. And I think your puppy should have her own monthly post. It would take a really large one to cause a lot of damage here. It’s too obvious, but I still have to say it anyways: it’s so good like seriously need more nowwwwww even though I just ate some before I sat down to write this post. Happy times. Any recommendations for substitutions for peanut allergies? Substituted walnuts for the pecans and baked it at 315 degrees for about 5 extra minutes because I’m partial to a kind of crunchy chewiness. I NEED. And maybe most importantly, they are soft and they actually stick together and they are delicious to eat. I am definitely a big chocolate fan, but something about it being in my granola is weird to me. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. You two are adorable! I have something big in the works in this orphanage-meets-blog-meets-impact department, and right now I’m just sort of simmering on it. I live on the west coast, and we’ve been overdue for “The big one” for like, eleventy billion years. ★☆ Mmmm, Yeah. Spread the granola into two large jelly roll pans in an even layer. Rate this recipe Here I am! Keep the recipes coming! The chocolate granola looks so good! So everybody say hello to oats, peanuts, whole wheat flour and the gang and just let all the friendly hippie foods wrap you up in a yummy granola group hug. I cannot wait! how do airlines handle that?? munch munch. p.s. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Allow yourself to only buy 1 kind of fruit per week, aside from bananas or apples (which take a while to go bad). Most granola doesn’t use that much flour. Working on it though! 3. . Yes yes yes yesss! Just because it says non-fat or gluten-free doesn’t mean it’s better for you and worth the extra penny. Enjoy your time in the Philippines – love seeing those cute kids on snapchat! I love this because 1) peanut butter is the best and 2) BIG CLUSTERS. I’ll file this away into the “maybe someday” file. I was going to say. These look awesome! Am I forgetting something or totally messing something up here? Granola can be very expensive, which is why it is better to make your own. Any new dog is a puppy. This is key to getting an evenly cooked granola and preventing it from burning. By the way, ease up on the vigorous cabin activity you’re doing wayyyyy too much! I’ve never had peanut butter in the granola so definitely will try. I started reading POY when y”all were in Cebu last time and I will most definitely be following along eagerly—, haha – I don’t feel brave at all. Thank you for your awesome blog, it’s my got-to. Oh ya, Pinned! When I look at this I squeal in my head. There’s something about peanut butter on nice crunchy oats that gets me every time. Whoa now. Wow AWESOME recipe! That’s about the size of our house, too… we’re going to have to get creative with some storage things for kitchen appliances! Get yoselves ready because here come the Big Clusters marching down bloggy avenue. Line a large (9×13 or larger) jelly roll pan with parchment paper. You guys are awesome, by the way! This granola looks so yummy! Spices: This recipe calls for cinnamon. I was just at the store today looking at the ingredients in granola and decided I'd rather make a healthier version on my own. Yum! I am just wondering (as like you I am trying to cut sugar, though less successfully), if one was to blitz dried banana chips and use that for sweetening by mixing it in before baking if that might work though it might not??! Gentle handling of the granola is key for preserving the clusters. Check the oven temp: Cooking granola at higher than 300F increases the chances of it burning. I couldn't resist! Take it and RUN. I don’t know if it will come out as pretty as yours though haha! Rate this recipe You are cracking me up about your earthquake experience story. I have made this granola many times in the last few weeks because we’ve had many people to thank for many things. Obviously I haven’t made it yet, but a whole cup of oil leaves me thinking it will be clusters of grease with a few oats and nuts. I see that the other ingredients–flour, baking powder, milk (I use soy and almond too)–might allow for the clusters! Gah. Yeah – a balance of soft and crunchy is usually the ticket! How many calories are in these Marshmallow Bars? You can customize this by using different nuts, nut butters, and sweeteners. Is there a reason to add the coconut right at the end? I seriously want to start crying for not being able to grab me a handful through the computer screen. None of my videos work so I’m resorting to just photos from here on out… but hopefully you can still get an idea of the cuteness factor even from that. It has a cloying taste, made me thirsty. Such as reading, and napping, and playing card games. I love the flavor combo of chocolate and sea salt! but thanks for the vote of confidence. And congrats on the puppy!!! But I didn’t list an amount – just add to taste, or do half the batch with salt and half without to see fi you like it. So excited to share more of this little corner of the world with you all soon! My parents make this every year when we go up to the cabin for the most heavenly two weeks of the year, which reminds me: how many days till we leave again? Seriously obsessed with all the Snapchats you were posting this weekend of her. (UPDATE: here it is.) PB and granola is the perfect combo I’m liking the healthy sugar free recipes! Other ideas are almonds, peanuts, pumpkin seeds. Word of caution from a food allergy momma, please be very mindful when eating nuts of any kind on an airplane. Normally I am in LOVE with just about anything you post. Full panic.). Healthy, and so much cheaper than store-bought. Oh eew! This sounds great! I used to be a teacher, and now making food and writing about it online is my full-time job. This granola would be considered healthier than some brands of granola on the market. Would it be basic of me to just say that this granola is THE BEST? Learn more. And while you’re away, I’ll enjoy these granola bars , My heart goes out to y’all – how wonderful of y’all to go back to Cebu – and brave earthquakes and all! Dried Fruit: This recipe uses craisins. No problem. I think I just lost all focus and productivity. (As in, I eat it all too fast) Needless to say, I try to keep my granola-tendencies in check but this looks like a splurge I need to indulge in , Beautiful photos, Lindsay! YES for soft granola bars. I am going try them with Sunbutter and maybe roasted pumpkin seeds! Learn more. I cannot imagine living in a place where you are just waiting for “the big one” – I would live in constant fear. I get you on earthquakes. The kids love it too which is a bonus! I could die at any moment. Let granola cool completely prior to stiring in order to create large clusters. My husband Bjork and I live in Minnesota. .then I saw that you planned on doing a full out intro tomorrow. Mix it up: use your own favorite flavor of dried fruits. yumm!!!! Pour … Can’t stop it. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Granola tastes perfectly good on it’s own, and makes a great on the go snack. I totally believe the size + number of clusters directly correlates to happiness coefficient! 4) Mix in anything else you want! Hope you had a great weekend! This recipe calls for walnuts and pecans. Aww, hey team! The fridge area will have some cool built-ins and it’s actually not pictured here, but it will be directly across from the sink on the back wall. I’m glad someone has finally discovered the beautiful love child of Larabars/Sunbelt/Kind bars. Make sure to know what’s in season because those produce options will be cheaper and taste better. Or outloud. Oh my gosh, thank you for saying that! My most recent make was your detox lentil soup, which was incredible. On a kind of unrelated note, if you and Bjork have any favorite new spots (for food or otherwise) in the Twin Cities I’d love suggestions–haven’t been back in a while or kept up on the food scene there, but I know there’s lots of good stuff popping up all the time! No good. I’ve never made granola this way (with flour, baking powder, milk) but will try this soon! To sweeten these big boys, I used a couple of different things during testing, like real maple syrup // raw honey // the newest food to our pantry: brown rice syrup <– who are we —> and it’s all just a big sugar selective granola party up in this house. It’s making me 95% excited and 95% nervous. Love your stuff! We have a dog! And yes, dogs will ALWAYS be considered “puppies” in my book ;). She has been such a sweet girl for us and it’s so fun to share her like crazy on SnapChat! I will most most definitely check back in! A few nights ago we took her to the dog park and it was like heaven on earth for her.