I eventually went to the doctor to see if I tore a muscle or maybe sprained a hamstring. As an IFBB professionally she goes to point out you the ins and outs of her exercise. Luckily for you, that’s what me and my team are here for. Interested in One on One Competition Training Programs? Repeat. Phase 2 also introduces a 6th set into the routine, a drop set. As far as stopping the recreational activities you’re doing now to focus on training….you definitely don’t have to do that. To explain Saturday: you will do a full body workout, BUT you only do 1 body part with 25 reps. Once you do a full body workout you rest for a few minutes then do the same workout again EXCEPT you choose a different workout for that body part this time to work. So what can you do to start that fire you once had when you first stepped in the gym? Whether you’re an up and coming competitor in bodybuilding or a longtime fan, it’s been almost unanimously agreed that classic physique competitions and training have been a big hit. What did the judges look for? Do these in circuit fashion. Copyright 2020 JW Media, LLC, parent company of Muscle & Fitness. If so, how did you do? Glutamine is an amino acid used in the synthesis (production) of protein. Pressdowns prepare the elbows and help with the horseshoe look. Cheers! 3) Wide Smith Machine Upright Rows: 4 sets x 10 reps, 4) Military Press: 4 sets x 10 reps 5) Reverse Peck Deck Flyes: 4 sets x 10 reps. Physique Competition Training Program – Calves: Physique Competition Training Program – Bosu Ball: *Kind of like the step ups, you will now place the Bosu ball level on your left. If you have your shirt off you also want to showcase thickness. Join 500,000+ Where’s your show? My stretching consists of 5 different stretches that I do to stretch out my lower back, gluts, hips, lats, and hamstrings. […], I know this post is specific to a men’s physique so girls, if you’re interested in training information specific to a women, check out my girlfriend, Deep tissue massages every few weeks are also great to alleviate tight muscles that result from heavy weight training. Thanks for the reply. All rights reserved. training for classic physique competition, Digital Diversity/Cyber-Citizen/Cross Cultural Communication, Hot Sale 40 % Off, colleges offering aeronautical engineering, course based undergraduate research experiences, rehabilitation counseling graduate programs, glendale unified school district glendale az. Walking Barbell Lunge (Day 3 — not shown). ● Push off your right foot and step forward with your left, lowering your right knee to the floor. fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); More protein shakes. I started training with bodybuilders when I was about 14 or 15 years old. While I did eat clean, my focus was on gaining mass so clean eating yes, but lots of volume. No more than three training days in a row without taking one off. What To Expect. “Spot workouts” as I like to say, is when you target a specific body part during a workout. Keep doing your thing man and giving it your all… Cheers! or did you pyramid your working sets? Six weeks is much less than the standard pre-contest recommendations of 12-16 weeks that you read about on the web or in muscle magazines (catalogs). Pick 1 body part per muscle group and do 1 set of 25 reps. You will do this 3 more times for a total of 4 reps, try to keep time between sets to a minimum while only resting after you’ve finished a full cycle through all body parts. Hey man – thanks for your comment and awesome words… I appreciate it! You doing a show sometime soon? Hey Stephen – not necessarily failing at every 10th rep but working hard to get those last few reps up for sure with occasional failure of course. In Phase 3 we are going for all out power! If I was training to be Mr. Olympia maybe, not for a men’s physique competition. I haven’t been great with my water intake which I need to step it up and consume at the minimum, 64 ounces per day, preferably closer to a gallon everyday. The doctor found out that I had bicep femoris tendinopathy. The one thing that will be different with this schedule/program is the number of reps and sets for each exercise. This is my second week doing this workout and I love it so far. Thanks. That width starts with the shoulders. If you need 90, take them but try to cut that down by 5 seconds each week. As for the split, everyone has their own schedules so it can be tough to make a one split fits all approach. For the nutrition and training aspect of it, no coach – just me. Was just wondering how much potatoe you were having as I’m struggling to gauge portion size at the moment. Whether you’re an up and coming competitor in bodybuilding or a longtime fan, it’s been almost unanimously agreed that classic physique competitions and training have been a big hit. This program is all about seeing results each and every week. All 3 days: CardioEach day do 30 minutes of high-intensity intervals (including a five-minute warmup and cooldown) on the StepMill, or walk briskly on a treadmill set to 10% incline. That extra day will help you get leaner super fast, but you'll get amazing results with just the five main workouts. Hook your heels under the footpads and place your feet flat on the plate, toes forward. The decline crunches should be done while holding a weight. Hey George - 100%. Still, I fell into the same trap that I see others go down. Do this 25 reps per leg. Once I decided on a 12 week training schedule (I’m currently on week 4), the next thing I did was take a look at the calendar and decide when during the year it made the most sense for me to commit to 12 weeks of training. However, if you feel that you could use some more work on them then it's definitely okay to add some front raises. It’s a problem. Sounds like you’re already on the right track with cooking the right foods and training – my guess is what you need now if some additional direction and guidance on where to go and what to do next. I take it you’re looking to reduce body fat at the moment… is that right? There’s nothing like a real good weight training workout.. I hope this helps! Sorry to spam your inbox I have so many questions. This is awesome Roger! Check your inbox for your welcome email. Lines and paragraphs break automatically. As far as how much potatoes I was having during my training… I would have somewhere between a half to a full sweet potato daily. ● Stand holding a dumbbell in each hand directly overhead, elbows extended and palms facing inward. We want the hard work of the free weights but the side delts need to do that work. > From Monday through Friday, increase your fluid intake from 1 gallon (16 cups) to 1.5 gallons (24 cups) a day. When I’m at home, a 20-30 minute bath does the trick. Thanks bro! After this you will start to work your way back to 15 lbs. The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. Lots of guys like to look up new workouts that their favorite bodybuilder does and usually, the focus is on a certain body part instead of a full body workout. Tuesday: Chest/Tri’sPerform all chest exercises outlined in Day 4 of the program, plus two triceps exercises from the Exchange List. I’m also currently 7% bodyfat. Fast Mass Program: 4 Day Superset Split Workout, The Optimized Volume Workout (O.V.W) Program, HIT MASS Program: 3 Day High Intensity Training Split, The Cobra Workout: Heavy High Volume Back Program, https://www.muscleandstrength.com/diet-plans/clean-eating-diet. I’m happy with the workout programme you followed but wondering if I also have to do any additional training routine example, supersets etc > ? I never really got it into my head that I needed a full body workout to tie my all of my muscles together. Hold a kettlebell or dumbbell with both hands above your face, arms extended, and elbows slightly bent. On shoulder day, I noticed you only put one movement to hit the anterior delts. While the drop set amount may seem easy, if you really focus on the concentric/negative motion of the exercise, you’ll find that it may not be as easy as you think. You will be able to use the food list included to build your own meals and snacks that are the same calories and macros as what you are replacing from your plan. I increased weight once my reps got from 4 reps to 8 reps – heavy, failure, pushing every single rep and set. Physique Competition Training Program – Back: Warm-up – 1 set of wide grip lat pulldowns, 15 reps with light weight. The recommendation is to take it for 8 weeks, therefore I will begin taking it next week since I will be 8 weeks out from competition. js.src = "http://forms.aweber.com/form/54/1528589854.js"; Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), 12 Weeks to a Competition Body Training Plan, Here's Why You Should Eat Black Fly Larvae, Ultramarathoner Zach Bitter's Tips for a New Routine, Angelica Teixeira's Diet and Training Tips, What Other Sports Can Learn From The NBA Bubble, Ms. Olympia Returns: A Tradition Restored, Shawn Ray: A Pound-For-Pound All-Time Champion, Ronnie Coleman's 6 Tips for Getting Shredded, Frank Zane: The Thinking Man's Bodybuilder, Breathing Tips From Halle Berry's Trainer, Phil Heath Officially Started His Olympia Prep, Flex Lewis Took a Year Off Before — It Paid Off, Shaq Talks Mr. Olympia and Bodybuilding Motivation, The 50 Best Fitness Influencers on Instagram.