Isaiah 26:7 The way of the just is uprightness: you, most upright, do weigh the path of the just. 26 pthe mystery hidden for ages and generations but now revealed to his saints. 11 In him also vyou were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by wputting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, 1 Timothy 5:10 Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet... Hebrews 11:2 For by it the elders obtained a good report. 25 I have thought it necessary to send to you dEpaphroditus my brother and fellow worker and efellow soldier, and your messenger and fminister to my need, 13 He dhas delivered us from ethe domain of darkness and transferred us to fthe kingdom of ghis beloved Son, Philippians 3:1 Finally, my brothers, rejoice in the Lord. 6 hTherefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, 7 irooted and jbuilt up in him and kestablished in the faith, just las you were taught, abounding min thanksgiving. 4 sthough I myself have reason for confidence in the flesh also. 4 Therefore, my brothers,1 whom I love and jlong for, kmy joy and lcrown, mstand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved. By registering for an account, you agree to Faithlife’s. 12 xhaving been buried with him in baptism, in which yyou were also raised with him through faith in zthe powerful working of God, zwho raised him from the dead. 4 Let each of you nlook not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Christ’s Example of Humility. 10 so as vto walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, wfully pleasing to him: xbearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; 8 See to it that no one takes you captive by nphilosophy and oempty deceit, according to phuman tradition, according to the qelemental spirits1 of the world, and not according to Christ. 5 Let your reasonableness # 4:5 Or gentleness be known to everyone. 5 Let your reasonableness4 be known to everyone. Subscribe to a study package to unlock the ESV Study Bible, the interactive Knowing the Bible study series, the Preaching the Word commentary series, and more. 19 For uin him all the vfullness of God was pleased to dwell, Selah. In the Septuagint, ἀρετὴ virtue is four times used to translate the Hebrew praise. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. 17 Brothers, ujoin in imitating me, and keep your eyes on those who walk vaccording to the example you have in us. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading part of the book. Philippians 4:8-20 Exhortation, Encouragement, and Prayer. Lightfoot remarks that Paul seems studiously to avoid this common heathen term for moral excellence, and his explanation is very suggestive: "Whatever value may reside in your old heathen conception of virtue, whatever consideration is due to the praise of men." Ruth 3:11 And now, my daughter, fear not; I will do to you all that you require... Proverbs 12:4 A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband: but she that makes ashamed is as rottenness in his bones. Proud member Amen. Philippians 4:8 NIV KJV ESV NKJV Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading comparison. Philippians 4:8 ESV Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 21 zAnd you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, adoing evil deeds, Sign up for an account to try it FREE for 30 days. Abhor that which is evil; hold to that which is good... 1 Corinthians 13:4-7 Charity suffers long, and is kind; charity envies not; charity braggs not itself, is not puffed up... Galatians 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, gentleness, goodness, faith. 9; Isa. Only here in the New Testament. Gravity may be ridiculous. 10 and tyou have been filled in him, who is uthe head of all rule and authority. ESV: English Standard Version 2016 . Proverbs 20:7 The just man walks in his integrity: his children are blessed after him. 7 And uthe peace of God, vwhich surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 2 So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from flove, any gparticipation in the Spirit, any haffection and sympathy, 20 and wthrough him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, xmaking peace yby the blood of his cross. 18 And rhe is the head of the body, the church.