Reply Heather in VA says Spanish and Portuguese The gochujang sauce is a hot, honey, spicy mix...and well, it's just fabulous. Gobi Manchurian or Cauliflower Manchurian is a very popular Indo-Chinese dish often served as a […], Lamb Tikka Kebab is a popular British Indian dish where chunks of lamb are marinated […], Chicken Chow Mein is a popular Indo-Chinese restaurant dish. It takes a little work, but it is worth it. You can adjust the amount of vinegar in this recipe to suit your taste. I'm not going to say this chicken Kiev is 'easy to make.' As with Middle Eastern food, while there are always the odd things the kids don’t like, on the whole they love Greek food, as do we, so it regularly features on our menu whether comforting dishes like youvetsi or more summery chicken gyros. 7 Ooey Gooey Cheesy Foods Worth Traveling For. On our list you'll find everything from Indian recipes like Chicken Makhani, to Chinese food recipes that like marbled tea eggs. Just perfect. Get the recipe here. Japanese recipes, Mexican recipes Persian herb rice with fish (sabzi polw mahi). Get the recipe here. By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. And some are claimed, or slightly adapted, by more than one place. butter, sour cream, or (everyone's favorite) bacon. Try it and add your favorite vegetable. An indulgence of fries, gravy and cheese. This soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling! Æbleskiver pan to make them, but they are so worth it! While there are some things that overlap, others are quite regionally distinct like Eccles cakes. Be the first to discover secret destinations, travel hacks, and more. Mexican French The world has become a smaller place, thanks to the ease of travel and the far reach of the media. You’ll need dry white wine, cornstarch, lemon juice, a garlic clove … and cheese. I’d suggest starting with what are tapas and add some simple ideas like pan con tomate and Spanish garlic shrimp. International Foods, Global Cuisine and Recipes, International Recipes is the world's largest recipe exchange group with reference articles, member-submitted recipes, a food dictionary and much more I ran out of mayonnaise last week, so I spread my pineapple hummus on my veggie burger for an even tastier, healthier option.”. The chicken is deep fried twice to make the exterior extra crispy and to lock moisture in. It's really not. Eat your way around the globe with our authentic international recipes, inspired by the food truck and street market scenes. The Best Kitchen and Dining Gadgets to Recreate Travel Meals, 12 Tasty Holiday Foods from Around the World (and How to Make Them), 6 Ways to Feel Like You’re on Vacation at Home. The dish requires just five ingredients: basmati rice, russet potatoes, vegetable oil, salt, and saffron. There are so many great dishes to choose from! All you have to do is check out our list of international food recipes! I often throw in some chopped-up chicken for a little protein. I normally make mine with just ground beef and they still taste great. You can substitute water or beef broth for the milk, if preferred. Add a green salad and French bread, and you have found the magic path to a man's heart. While […], General Tso’s Chicken is a very popular Chinese sweet and spicy chicken dish. Sarah joined the SmarterTravel team in 2017 after more than a decade at the helm of IndependentTraveler.com. I sized the recipe for one serving, but you can adjust it accordingly and make a pitcher full. '—Freya Stark", Aisle, Window, or Middle Seat: "Aisle. Yes, there’s plenty seafood, but you’ll also find some wonderful umami flavors and so much more. The cuisine of the Levant region, as it’s formally known, is so intermingled it can be difficult to pin down what is Israeli v Lebanese v Palestinian etc. The combination of cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and mace gives them a delightfully spicy flavor. https://www.todaysparent.com/recipes/11-simple-international-recipes We’ve come across some delicious dishes, some you may recognize, others may be new, but all, like everything else, worth trying. The main ingredients in this easy recipe are Greek yogurt, cucumber, fresh mint and dill, lemon juice, and garlic. This post may contain affiliate links. This version is stuffed with rice and mixed ground meat. While I know there are some political aspects to this, I have included Taiwanese food here which I was lucky enough to experience on a trip there a few years ago, like Taiwanese oyster omelette and Taiwanese pumpkin rice noodles. Why not test out some Australian vegemite and cheese sandwiches, or Pão de Queijo (Brazilian cheese puffs). this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. There’s a strong seafood slant, as you might expect, but it’s more than just salmon gravlax and smørrebrød (although they are favorites!). Japanese Irish Eat your way around the globe with our authentic international recipes, inspired by the food truck and street market scenes. This is an authentic recipe for mojito. If you make a pitcher you might be tempted to drink the whole thing yourself, and you just might find yourself talking Spanish in no time! German We have been trying French onion soup in restaurants for years and my family and friends agree none can compare to my recipe for taste and simplicity of preparation. This cake is made with three layers: Cake, filling, and topping. Persian recipes This is an Italian comfort food classic! Russian I'm Caroline and this is where I share recipes inspired by travels, places I want to go, or just ideas from feeding the family. Get the recipe here. You can eat this alone or roll into your favorite sushi roll with ingredients of choice. Grecian Over […], Pad See Ew (Thai Stir-Fried Noodles in Soy Sauce) is a very popular Thai street […], Sweet Corn Chicken Soup is a delicious Indo-Chinese soup dish. So many amazing cultures, history, sights and of course food. Homemade meatballs are a very easy to make, and since we skip the very messy step of pan-frying these before they hit the sauce, it becomes downright simple. Names of Indian Condiments and Spices in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Hindi and English. They are […], Cabbage Manchurian is a delicious Indo-Chinese appetizer snack that is sweet, crunchy and spicy. These Cuban papas rellenas (potatoes stuffed with meat and then fried) are little bites of heaven. 0541 62.72.93 Mail. This was the first Indian meal I made, and it has stuck around since all of my friends and family love it! ", Ultimate Bucket List Experience: "Road tripping and hiking through the rugged mountains of Patagonia. Get more inspiration on Regional American recipes. This is a really good recipe for spicy Indian chicken curry. Some products are sent to us free of charge with no incentive to offer a favorable review. Get the recipe here. It would be wrong to go all around the world and not also share a few favorites from my current home of the US. As well as the above, you’ll find the odd other recipe in the broader international flavors category where there aren’t quite enough to make a sub-group, as ever, yet. I’d definitely recommend giving these a try along with more familiar favorites. Easy to cook with minimal ingredients, they […], The word Kofta is derived from the Persian verb “koftan” which means “to grind”, referring […], Most of us have relished fried rice at some point in our lives. International Recipes The world has become a smaller place, thanks to the ease of travel and the far reach of the media. It's pretty easy to make and tastes really good! I then studied in Eastern Germany and did tours in the region for a short while, so I definitely have a soft spot for what some people might write off as being a bit of an uninteresting cuisine. Explore classic recipes from around the world and try new cuisines. But I have loved the wonderful bread, cheese and wine, in particular, on our various trips there. Yellow miso is sweet and creamy, red miso is stronger and saltier. I have tried to keep things fairly authentic, since the flavors are so good. You can fill them with traditional lingonberry jam or chocolate spread. Danish smørrebrød (open sandwiches) with remoulade. Get the recipe here. Add more dashi to your soup if you want a stronger stock. Get the recipe here—and consider pairing it with the next dish on our list. Plus, there are a number of dishes that are so easy to make at home, like Israeli salad, roasted eggplant with tahini and lamb kofte. Speculaas are a popular Dutch cookie often served around Christmas. Welcome! You can serve these Polish pierogies with butter, sour cream, or (everyone's favorite) bacon. Eastern European Korean recipes Continental food, on the whole could be considered as International Cuisine, particularly British, American, French, Mexican, Thai and Chinese. Get the recipe here. info@intfood.it Mediterranean This dish of thinly sliced beef and onions, simmered in soy sauce and sake and then served over rice, is a popular comfort food across Japan. We have become familiar with people of different countries, their cultures and lifestyles, their clothing and, most of all, their foods. China is such a huge country and I think in the West we are only starting to appreciate the regional differences in the food. Pasta with arugula pesto or other sauces and various pizzas are regulars in our house, as I’m sure is common for others. The flavors are truly special. Japanese cuisine might be best known for sushi, but there’s so much more to it than that. In modern days, Continental cuisine has come to terms with a blend of all these international cuisines together. (Note that it calls for self-raising/self-rising flour; here’s a recipe.).