The thinkers in the nudge unit are wandering around in a trance of long-term. . Download our English Dictionary apps - available for both iOS and Android. I feel as if time has paused in this moment. 2. Dark economic clouds are dissipating into an emerging blue sky of opportunity. The arch spanned the blue sky, and on the dark mountains extended the polychromatic reflection. But any story will do. You will see the blue sky spreading endlessly above you and smiling down. January 29, 2020 Sentence Dictionary. And best of all it's ad free, so sign up now and start using at home or in the classroom. I feel totally alive. Freedom is the basic condition for you to touch life, to touch the blue sky, the trees, the birds, the tea, and the other person. Blue Sky Amusements owns and maintains over 25 state of the art rides and attractions as well as support equipment such as an onsite mobile office equipped with a computer and well lit, air-conditioned ticket boxes that will bring more flash to your carnival or fair. Blue Sky in a sentence. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. “In the beginning was the word and the word was love and love was imagination. Tall, rust-colored grasses rolled beneath it, and a few scattered cedars spiraled up toward it. Some of its work is truly "blue-sky" research. “Summertime, oh, summertime, pattern of life indelible, the fade-proof lake, the woods unshatterable, the pasture with the sweetfern and the juniper forever and ever . As if God is telling me to be totally happy and cheerful!”, “Complete people gaze into the blue sky above, plunge into the center of the earth below, and run freely in the eight directions without even a change of mood.”. This was the American family at play, escaping the city heat.”, “Because gray clouds hang heavy with misery, blue skies seem bluer.”, “Staring at the blue sky causes insomnia to occur in the human”, “I wanted to kiss you like the waves kiss the shore under the blue sky.”, “Num qualquer futuro, onde eu encontrar cheiro de abacate, ela vai estar um bocadinho lá.”, “Sometimes I feel that our bright blue sky is like a pregnant women’s belly.”, “And then one day she left me. “The Invisible Dragon: Essays on Beauty, Revised and Expanded”, p.91, University of Chicago Press, Louie Giglio, Stuart Hall (2011). Webster’s New World College Dictionary, 4th Edition. 1933 English sentences using 'blue sky' Toggle navigation. AZdictionary.com was founded in 2010 and our goal is to have definitions for any english word. Today, look at the blue sky, hear the grass growing beneath your feet, inhale the scent of spring, let the fruits of the earth linger on your tongue, reach out and embrace those you love. The word is derived from Turquoise, which is Stewart Brand’s term for a new breed of environmentalist combining traditional green with a shade of blue, as in, 16. Each ocean wave. “The sky of the color of ashes in the east and embers in the west.”― Stephen King. “My feet stopped their churning only once they realized the dirt beneath them had turned to laid-over grasses. without immediate commercial value blue sky. But as the Sun sets, the sky around the Sun begins to take on a blue-gray tone. blue example sentences. . . Improve yourself, find your inspiration, share with friends, John Greenleaf Whittier (1873). 28 Copy quote. The empty blue sky of space says 'All this comes back to me, then goes again, and comes back again, then goes again, and I don't care, it still belongs to me. Możesz określić warunki przechowywania lub dostępu do plików cookies w Twojej przeglądarce. (open, save, copy) express.co.uk. All is a miracle. 69. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. The top image shows the orange-colored Martian sky during the daytime and the bottom image shows the blue-tinted sky at sunset. "Beautiful Darkness". The sky is blue and the dead are coming back. Something that changed everyone’s lives so profoundly – leaving no country or continent untouched – was bound to have a significant impact on our language. 0. I found myself in a lonely, overgrown field beneath a sky so blue it reminded me of the tiles my father brought back from Persia: a majestic, world-swallowing blue you could fall into. You can just pick yourself up again! Do you know where I can get some blue sky? Mr Sullivan says the only time he gets for, 15. Every clear blue sky. Thich Nhat Hanh (2001). Amaze your friends with your new-found knowledge! Terms and Conditions | Cookie Policy | Contact Us. Every time I see the sunshine in the bright blue sky, I cannot help but think how blessed I really am to see another day. Example sentences with the word blue. For a while, the birds kept both of us happy, sitting in the morning sun, Lying flat on his back, he stared up into the unbrokenly, The snow-capped mountains, rolling hills and deep, It always comes slamming down out of a clear, Probably a lot of bucket shop operators had the same reaction to states which passed, In the Great Court as I stumbled out the strong, The sun burned the mist away a couple of hours after dawn, and left us with a, Overhead a keen, high altitude wind hauls thin streaks of cirrus across the bright, clear, Myst stared in wide-eyed wonder at the open, Many of the dull, computerised fight scenes take place on undulating lawns, set against a bright, He looked at the angry, confused faces on the screen frozen against a glacial, It's an album that is as beautiful, harmonious and calm as a, The clouds race to form and re-form across the, The grey, looming clouds began to break apart and the, You float there feeling the hot sun on your body, the, The top two-thirds of the composition is studded with rhinestones, suggesting stars sparkling in the metallic, This richens the colour by decreasing the amount of reflection and will give you that deep, It sat on an island in the river and, not far behind it, the foothills to the Erissa Mountains rose sharply towards the clear, The moon appeared as a thin crescent in the dark, cloudy, A single white ball arcs up into the baby, Suddenly, she saw the big buck, its crescent horns piercing the, He was standing on a flat desert plain under white clouds and, There is no soundtrack, no kick-ass guitar music to suck us into the lifestyle, just a, He lifted his eyes to the sky that had begun to clear, revealing, Red-tailed hawks and turkey vultures circled above us in a, In Bhutan, cows and yaks graze, rice and wheat grow, and people live up and down terraced land that seems to kiss endless, Overhead, hawks circle in a rising thermal against a Carolina, The perfect day had vanished not fifteen minutes after they had picked up their gear and headed down the trail, the, For a moment, the gray plane recalled a thundercloud against the clear, With lots of cheering and support from the sidelines the game continued under a brilliant, The sun was shining, the trees rustled in a slight wind, the mountains reared up against the, Now, the sun floated high above them in a clear, cloudless, The veranda, roofless and open to the bitter, These poems are as heartless as birdsong, as unmeant as elm leaves, which if they love love only the wide, An annual climber, every day at least one flower untwists to show the colour of a rainwashed, The exposed white appears in a brash yellow field, a pale, Bleached stalks of agave and sotol pierce the cloudless, This was all just prelude to the cloud of monkeys that not long after passed like a vast red-faced brownness through our little patch of, After clipping another bolt, I looked out to see nothing but, He raved about the ocean, about storms and calms and sudden rain-squalls out of a, The photograph on the attractive booklet provides no supporting evidence however, displaying as it does an image of cloudy, Climbing the stairs to the upper room you are confronted with The Great Outdoors, a painting with a brave composition of a figure offset to one side of an infinite, All the buildings, dating from the colonial era are painted deep yellow, which made a glorious contrast to the deepening, There were a few huddled buildings around the control tower, hard-packed sandy ground in all directions, and a brassy sun just rising into a pale, Autumn hits hard here and the windows are blurred in the cool of the night but over the mountains there is, When he emerges in an idealized landscape of verdant greens, the pristine surface of Luzu Lake mirrors the fleecy cumulus clouds and penetrating, Others went for umbrellas that made a statement in themselves, decorated with racing scenes and one, optimistically, with, Or the wonderment in not 1 but 2 rainbows as they cap off a berry, Witnesses saw the rocket streaking through the clear, We watched the world change in high-definition thanks to a perfect, This is described by Rayleigh scattering, an effect that creates Earth's, And in the background of the picture, just out of focus behind the man, was a soaring minaret outlined against a shockingly, The sun spun aloft, an erumpent orb of balling glory thrilling the, I had all the kids in my summer camp lie back in the prairie and watch the little white cumulous clouds float past the impossibly, The sweat lodges were hot, not comfortable, but it was the most refreshing thing to actually sweat and then come out and lay down on the sand, looking at the crystal, Then, as if the clouds had discharged their aqueous cargo and rode light as unballasted ships, they lifted in aerial fleets and sailed away, white in a, Daydreaming a couple of minutes ago, I gazed upwards into a milky, After leaving the Arowhon, we headed for Massasauga Provincial Park where, on a boat trip across Georgian Bay to Wreck Island, the clear, Inside the temple, a mesmerising stone forest of 134 Hypostyle columns, their surfaces inscribed in swathes of ancient hieroglyphics, claw at a powder, Without, the snow-covered roofs stood out clearly against a soft, Her scarlet bathing cap flamed against the ash, Gorge and stream vanished, the versatile fish faded to, Above the earth was bent the vast dome of the, These, with the propylaeum, before mentioned, come out wonderfully against a. I watched them disappear in a sort of moving frieze between the thymy turf and the hot, Above him all the birds were warbling their morning song up into the, Lastly, I must tell you about the color of the, The northwester still continued, with a clear, From his bed he could see the great cumulus clouds that hung in the, From above came one thin knife-edge of sunshine, and fifteen feet over our heads one saw the tops of the reeds swaying against the deep, Damon, who blessed everything in sight from the gasoline in the automobile to the, While she talked, I lay back in the hot sand and looked up at the, All the windows of the hotel hospital that had been shiningly reflecting, Between the blossoming branches of the canopy bits of, The sun hung a low, red ball in the steel, How do you, like a jet leaving Eugene Airport, break through that cloud bank and realize that there's, It came to the place where the railroad tracks run off into the, Floaters can be seen more clearly when looking at something bright, such as white paper or a, You might harness Rebecca to the heaviest plough, and while she had youth on her side, she would always remember the green earth under her feet and the, But he has fallen into the hands of some silly woman, when he should have been gathering his education under a, At the edge of the road, mingling with the brambles, grew holly bushes, and here and there stood large dead trees whose branches traced zigzags upon the, Day by day, after the December snows were over, a blazing, Soon the trees put forth their buds, and flowers sprang up under his feet, and instead of thick clouds there was, Often, of pleasant afternoons, the two would drink their black coffee, seated upon the stone-flagged portico whose canopy was the, Venus had risen above the branch, and the ear of the Great Bear with its shaft was now all plainly visible against the dark, It was as though all his castles in the air had come toppling about his ears, the.