413. 10 But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity. 11 Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. Philippians 4:13, KJV: "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." The Greek preposition is “in,” not “through.” It points to that vital, personal union with Christ that we have seen repeatedly throughout Philippians. So let’s look into this and find out the true meaning of Philippians 4:13. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. The meaning is often misconstrued and misappropriated; if anything, Philippians 4:13’s true meaning is somewhat lost. Philippians 4:13(NASB) Picture courtesy of Imagebase. Verse Thoughts ... Jesus had warned us that without Him, we can do nothing and once Paul understood the deeper meaning of this, he boasted in his own weaknesses while rejoicing that through Christ he could do all things. And the God of peace will be with you: If the Philippians did as Paul had instructed, not only would they have had the peace of God, but the God of peace would have also been with them. Philippians 4:13 - I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.. Hebrews 9:17 For a covenant is valid only when men are dead, for it is never in force while the one who made it lives.. James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. Philippians 4:13, ESV: "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." It’s meaning out of the biblical context and into the context of my life. I think it’s important to make the distinction of Philippians 4:13. “I can do all things through Him who gives me strength.” What does the passage mean? Instead, he had learned how to be content in all situations (Philippians 4:11). Philippians 4:13 Context. In Philippians 4:13, the verb is present tense, meaning, God’s continual, day-by-day infusing me with strength as I serve Him. But the universal extension of the maxim beyond the immediate occasion and context is not inadmissible. Philippians 4:13 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] Philippians 4:13, NIV: "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." C. Paul comments on the giving of the Philippians. Sadly, and unknowingly, the result is also loss of biblical authority and power. The NIV version of the Bible brings out an important aspect that shows the true meaning of Philippians 4:13. Philippians 4:13, NASB: "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13 ... Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers (13) I can do all things. Paul refers to their kindness in helping him during his time of trouble (Philippians 4:14). I am currently doing research for a sermon on Phil. He knew how to be content either in abundance or in need (Philippians 4:12), claiming he could do all things through Christ who strengthens him (Philippians 4:13). Philippians 4:13 is one of the most well-known New Testament verses, but it’s also notoriously misused. 1. It's a statement that Paul alludes to, many times in his letters (Epistles), including 2Cor.12:9. Gary Watkins on July 1, 2010 at 11:31 am Thanks for the information. (10-14) Paul’s perspective on the gift from the Philippians. ... thanks for the best commentary ever,please keep up the fantastic work. Philippians 4:13 says, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Christian athletes often quote this verse when they win a game, match, or event. —Properly, I have strength in all things, rather (according to the context) to bear than to do. 3) Philippians 4:13 In The Bible A. Philippians 4:13 NIV. After telling his audience that he’s experienced both poverty and affluence, the Apostle Paul writes these well-known words: “I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.”. He has thanked God for their generosity, that they will be rewarded for their selfless act toward him. Philippians 4:13 “I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” Explanation and Commentary of Philippians 4:13. A meaningful piece of jewel on your wrist to remind the greatness of God. Often times, this favorite Scripture is used as a catch-all for anything we need or want to accomplish. Let’s take a look at the often applied biblical passage in Philippians 4:13. Paul has been thanking the Philippians for their love for him and the material support they had been led to give to him. Philippians 4:13 Bracelet Discover this unique Philippians 4:13 Bracelet from our store!