Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the concision: 3. 15. But that principle is untrue and dangerous, unless carefully guarded. Surely a very short bede-roll would contain their names; or would there be any other but the Name which is above every name upon it? Wesley's Notes on the Bible. Please enter your email address associated with your Salem All-Pass account, then click Continue. iii. iii. Philippians 3:13 - NLT - No, dear brothers and sisters, I am still not... Study verse in the New Living Translation 1-3 (R.V.). Share New Living Translation - The Bible Online, California - Do Not Sell My Personal Information. An error occurred while marking the devotional as read. Phl 3:1. iii. The first words of the text show that Paul was beginning to think of winding up his letter, and the preceding context also suggests that. 2. Listen to the Bible. that if the main direction of a life be right, God will reveal to a man the points in which he is wrong. Surely a very short bede-roll would contain their names; or would there be any other but the Name which is above every name upon it? To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not irksome, but for you it is safe. It is a missionary thank-you letter in which the missionary reports on the progress of his work. An error occurred while accessing favorites. Call us at 888-634-2038. There was an error while trying to create your account. Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the concision: 3. It manifests a particularly vigorous type of Christian living: (1) self-humbling ( 2:1-4 ); (2) pressing toward the goal ( 3:13-14 ); (3) lack of anxiety ( 4:6 ); (4) ability to do all things ( 4:13 ). Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. Philippians 3:13-14 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ ... Read verse in New Living Translation NLT 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, NIV 13 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. 15. Library. We'll send you an email with steps on how to reset your password. It may lead to a lazy tolerance of evil, and to drawing such inferences as, 'Well! For many walk, of whom I told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is perdition, whose God is the belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things. 2. Sorry, you don't have permission to view that book. Commentary. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading the book. The …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture, 'Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule.'--PHIL. Philippians 3 :: New Living Translation (NLT) Strong's. Philippians 3:13-14 NLT No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 16. Philippians 3:13 Parallel. 'As many as be perfect'; and how many may they be? For our citizenship is in heaven; from whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall fashion anew the body of our humiliation, that it may be …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture, Preparing to End'Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. By registering for an account, you agree to Faithlife’s. Philippians 3:13 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, * but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, Read more Share Copy The Soul's Perfection'Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.'--PHIL. 3:13 I do not account myself to have apprehended this already; to be already possessed of perfect holiness. KJV Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, ESV Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. Proud member iii. 12 I don’t mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. Verse. 3:13 I do not account myself to have apprehended this already; to be already possessed of perfect holiness. Get your church set-up with online giving, sermon streaming, and more in under 24 hours. For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God, and glory in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.'--PHIL. KJV (Narrated) NKJV (Narrated) NKJV (Dramatized) NLT (Dramatized) NIV (Narrated) NIV (Dramatized) NASB (Narrated) RVR60 (Español) The Priceless Value of Knowing Christ. Copy. 1-3 (R.V.). Paul has just been laying down a great principle--viz. Phl 3:1 - Whatever happens, my dear brothers and sisters, rejoice in the Lord. Philippians 3:13. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead. The Rule of the Road 'Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule.'--PHIL. Part of the answer to such a question may be found in observing that the New Testament very frequently uses the word to express not so much the idea of moral completeness, 'Brethren, be ye imitators together of me, and mark them which so walk even as ye have us for an ensample. Holy Bible. of I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us. The. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. We’ll send you a new verse every day to download or share. 16. New Living Translation copyright© 1996, 2004, 2007, 2013 by. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me. For our citizenship is in heaven; from whence also we wait for a Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall fashion anew the body of our humiliation, that it may be, 'Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. Salem Media Group. 3:13 Some manuscripts read not yet achieved it. it does not much matter about strenuous effort, if we are right at bottom it will all come, 'Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in anything ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.'--PHIL. Philippians 3:13 Parallel Commentaries. Philippians contains no OT quotations (but see note on Job 13:16). 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, # 3:13 Some manuscripts read not yet achieved it. Please try again soon. Sorry, an error was encountered while loading comparison. Your Faithlife account signs you in to all our sites. Part of the answer to such a question may be found in observing that the New Testament very frequently uses the word to express not so much the idea of moral completeness …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture, Warnings and Hopes'Brethren, be ye imitators together of me, and mark them which so walk even as ye have us for an ensample. The first words of the text show that Paul was beginning to think of winding up his letter, and the preceding context also suggests that. No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it. Red Letter. Paragraph. For many walk, of whom I told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: whose end is perdition, whose God is the belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things. 'As many as be perfect'; and how many may they be? All rights reserved. iii. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not irksome, but for you it is safe. Get beautiful Bible art delivered to your inbox. 13 No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it,* but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, Read more Sorry, an error was encountered while loading part of the book. For we are the circumcision, who worship by the Spirit of God, and glory in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.'--PHIL. iii. Read Philippians 3:13 Using Other Translations.