And that quarter cup is calorie heavy at 370 per serving. Buy it ($3) I won’t be repurchasing this item. The cons: Has an acidic taste. It would make a good pasta sauce. • Privacy Policy • Disclaimer, Food Blogger Pro Review: How They Helped Me Grow, Start a Food Blog from Budgets of Zero to One Thousand Dollars, Trader Joe’s Pesto Genovese Chicken Breast. It’s nice offering to change up from standard basil pesto. For $3.79 it’s not a bad item to pick up especially if you are getting tired of Trader Joe’s Kale Cashew and Basi Pesto or just want a change. Condiments, Refrigerated, Trader Joe's Trader Joes, Trader Joes Review. Yes, I would buy Trader Joe’s Walnut Pesto again. So now that I’ve completely ruined your appetite, I’m happy to tell you that the taste here did not match the visuals. Most recently, the Chocolate Gnocchi come to mind. Learn how your comment data is processed. I make mine in a big batch in the food processor. This website takes its name from a famous Betty whose character was developed to give a more personalized response to consumer product questions. Lol on your metaphor comparing it to your son’s dirty diapers. So, this for me was something to try once. Would I like my pesto with chicken? Don’t forget to share your thoughts by going to the “user review” at the bottom of the box (click on the number of stars you believe this product deserves) and leave a comment below. Here is the visual run down of what you get if you buy this product: The package of Trader Joe’s Pesto Genovese Chicken Breast: The nutritional information, the ingredients, and how to prepare: Would I buy this again? Click on Thoughts & Reviews of Trader Joe’s for a searchable list. Personalized health review for Trader Joe's Chicken Wrap with Pesto Vinaigrette: 690 calories, nutrition grade (C minus), problematic ingredients, and more. My name is Brenda and welcome to my blog! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Click on Thoughts & Reviews of Trader Joe’s for a searchable list. I’d still love to hear your thoughts on it. BecomeBetty.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Copyright © 2020 — BecomeBetty.com • All rights reserved. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Thanks again for taking the time out of your day to stop by! I review products from Trader Joe’s (no affiliation) and share easy recipes and cocktail ideas. I can see this being used as a salad dressing. Per 1 wrap` - Calories: 520kcal | Fat: 19.00g | Carbs: 57.00g | Protein: 31.00g They should go together, but this overall wasn’t my favorite. No greens here. Usually I complain they are far too small. The verdict: I love a good pesto. Find calories, carbs, and nutritional contents for trader joes-chicken-wrap-w-pesto-vinaigrette and over 2,000,000 other foods at MyFitnessPal.com. But if you are having pasta, I can’t say the same is going to be true. What really sets it apart is the addition of quinoa—leave it to our always-loyal Joe to give us a pesto that’s just interesting enough, but not too crazy. But technically a pesto is really just a paste. Did you try it? The pesto might be better if it were something you added on like a chimichurri rather than a marinade. After taste testing one cutlet I came to certain conclusions: 1) the meat was tender 2) the taste of pesto seemed lost and 3) there was a distinct tart acidity that was hard not to notice. The color was far more pronounced than the flavors of the spices. But let’s be honest, there are some foods that just don’t photograph well. Here you would need to consume a quarter cup. So this container didn’t exactly jump out at me at first. Dec 31, 2017 - Does anyone know if you can buy the pesto vinaigrette they put with the sun dried tomato, chicken wrap at trader joes? The pesto might be better if it were something you added on like a chimichurri rather than a marinade. • Privacy Policy • Disclaimer, Food Blogger Pro Review: How They Helped Me Grow, Start a Food Blog from Budgets of Zero to One Thousand Dollars, Trader Joe’s Walnut Pesto is different from most other pestos on shelves. Sadly, the fresh herby quality of the pesto seemed truly lost here. While I ate the whole thing, it’s not something I would reach for again. This product would be enjoyed best with something that can mellow out the acidity: bread, pasta or rice. Read More…. If not, does anyone have a recipe for Trader Joes pesto vinaigrette… It’s not  your typical pesto. I’d even recommend keeping it cold to serve as a contrast to the warm chicken. When I think of pesto, I tend to think green. I do think it would have been more successful if the pesto had been a packet to be mixed with the chicken at the end rather as a marinade. Would I buy this again? It wasn’t a true pesto and you’ll have to find a way to temper the acidity here. Trader Joe’s Walnut Pesto is a pesto without the greens. Here is the visual rundown of what you get if you buy this product: The container, the nutritional information, the ingredients: Want to see more items I’ve reviewed from Trader Joe’s? Want to see more items I’ve reviewed from Trader Joe’s? It was different and quite tasty. trader joes-chicken-wrap-w-pesto-vinaigrette nutrition facts and nutritional information. Spread on a sandwich you can expect probably half those calories. Or at least a series of ingredients that has been broken down into a paste. Do you think adding your own homemade pesto on the chicken would help add flavor? Let me know what you think in the comments section! I think it absolutely would. Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. BecomeBetty.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, Copyright © 2020 — BecomeBetty.com • All rights reserved. In fact, there really isn’t a jarred variety that I enjoy. But just be aware this isn’t vegan. Yes, I would buy Trader Joe’s Walnut Pesto again. That made a bit hesitant to reach for these. Overall, despite its terrible appearance, this is pretty good with the biggest draw back being the salty taste. Would I buy this again? If not, does anyone have a recipe for Trader Joes pesto vinaigrette… My name is Brenda and welcome to my blog! This crunchy, nutty option is made with olive oil and shelf-stable. I review products from Trader Joe’s (no affiliation) and share easy recipes and cocktail ideas. I love a good pesto. Did you try it? Some might find this product too salty in taste. Any suggestions how to reduce or balance the acidity level besides serving it with pasta or rice? Learn how your comment data is processed. I won’t even add pesto unless I’m willing to serve it. Otherwise, I reserve it to the side to ensure the fresh flavor. But if you are looking to cut back, then reserve some pasta water to thin this down.