Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups almond milk, 1 peppermint tea bag OR 1 drop peppermint essential oil, and 2 tsp maple syrup. Your email address will not be published. This recipe calls for real food ingredients mixed with your favorite cup of coffee. Here all of the ingredients I use! Cacao nibs are dried, roasted, and crushed cacao beans — the early, pure form of chocolate. It’s December and that means ’tis the season for all things gingerbread and peppermint.And since today is National Peppermint Latte … Chocolate tea is made with chocolate flavoring or made all-natural using cacao nibs. You’ve got yourself perfectly frothed milk. Home » Drinks » Recipes » Chocolate Peppermint Tea Latte. Yep, you can make your own peppermint mocha at home! Garnish with fresh mint leaves or even chocolate shavings from a chocolate bar if you want to get a little fancy. I created this space to be a place of encouragement in different areas of life. Sign up today for our FREE Closet Organization Checklist Printable and E-book. The recipe uses just 2 teaspoons of ground cacao nibs to make one drink, which is too little to grind properly in the food processor, so I usually make 1/4 cup batches at a time. Latte … Brew coffee. Warm milk in saucepan until you see small bubbles. Commentdocument.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "adb6668a2e7e8ab76377693c1ef17a2e" );document.getElementById("a8b04bc52b").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); This post contains affiliate links which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. STEP 3: Combine cacao nibs, black tea, peppermint tea, brown sugar, and hot water in a teapot. If you want to be lazy, you can get one of these milk frothers so you can skip the stovetop since they’ll heat and froth milk at the same time. I like adding an herbal mint tea bag to my hot chocolate to add the perfect peppermint … Use filtered water for a better tasting tea. Ingredients: 1 1/2 cups almond milk, 1 peppermint tea bag OR 1 drop peppermint essential oil, and 2 tsp maple syrup. Fill a pot water and add 3-5 teabags or 30-40 peppermint leaves. Chocolate Peppermint Tea Latte In your favorite 12 ounce mug, Brew two tea bags of your favorite Peppermint tea using 6 ounces of water, steeping for 5 minutes. During the frenzy of the holidays it is important for parents to take a little time for themselves. monitoring_string = "b24acb040fb2d2813c89008839b3fd6a"monitoring_string = "886fac40cab09d6eb355eb6d60349d3c", These Squishy, Stretchy & Gooey Action Heroes Are My New Obsession, Sheet Pan Thanksgiving Dinner For Everyone Who Hates Cleanup, The Investor Mama’s 5 Steps to Financial Freedom For Parents, 7 Holiday Cookie Kits To Kick Off Baking Season. Latte is topped with a creamy, frothed milk made using a French press — no fancy milk frothers needed! The nutrition information is an estimate calculated using an online nutrition calculator. Would not recommend. Anyway, I always tend to get off topic when I’m doing a post so let’s get to the recipe! It’s like a pepperminty hot chocolate but with way less calories. Is there caffeine in this drink?Yes, there’s caffeine in black tea and cacao nibs. A Peppermint Mocha Latte can be made in 3 easy steps. RELATED: London Fog Latte (Earl Grey Tea Latte). company.© 2017 All rights reserved. Chocolate Peppermint Tea Latte. If you don’t have a hand frother, you can also place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until the tea is frothy. Easy London Fog Drink (Earl Grey Tea Latte), How to Make Bubble Tea (Boba Tea) with Brown Sugar, How to Make Tea Lattes + 17 Tea Latte Recipes, 24 Delicious Tea Sandwiches Perfect for Tea Parties. I can’t believe how fast it’s coming!! Use filtered water if possible since it’ll result in better tasting tea. This tea latte is made using cacao nibs. Why do you need to grind down the cacao nibs?The nibs are pebble sized and I tried infusing them in hot water but it didn’t give me enough of a chocolate flavor so I used a mini food processor to grind them down. While you’re waiting for the tea to steep, make the frothed milk. Peppermint Tea Latte This Peppermint tea latte is warm, naturally sweetened, creamy, delicious, and ONLY 3 INGREDIENTS with 2 ways to make it! The mint balances out the chocolate. Warm up and space out with a steaming, decadent, flavorful cup of coffee, and take a break from your busy day for a quick snack! We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. serves: 1prep time: 2 minutescook time: 10 minutestotal time: 12 minutes. Merry Christmas (almost!). Wow! I used a mini food processor to get the nibs into smaller pieces to bring out a stronger chocolate flavor. https://interpretersontherun.wordpress.com/2017/12/17/golden-milk-for-two-2/. Love Speaks Volumes copyright 2018. Easy to make and tastes delicious. Put almond milk in a pot and place it on the stove over medium heat. That’s it!! You’ll have to let me know if you have any fun things planned for the Holidays. Heat milk on the stovetop on low until little bubbles start to form along the sides. Boil water on the stovetop or in an electric kettle. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Frothing milk in a French press involves heating up milk separately. This simple peppermint latte recipe makes a fabulous drink you can sip in peace when you need some this holiday season. If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. It tastes like it would take a long time to make, but the beauty of it is that its really quick and easy. It’s actually a tea latte but it’s still very delicious. The problem is I’ve been more couch-bound these days so figuring out a drink that is comparable to make at home without leaving, makes me one happy pregnant mama. Use an. Instead of loose tea, you can replace it with tea sachets or tea bags. Chocolate and mint come together in this delightful tea latte made with cacao nibs, brown sugar, and black tea. . Add fun sprinkles like these mint candy canes if desired. Lastly, add the desired amount of maple syrup or honey and blend … A tea latte that tastes like dessert in a mug. Momtastic.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC. This delicious drink brings together all the great flavors of coffee, chocolate, and peppermint to make a beverage that will blow your mind. Whether you are preparing it from a tea bag or using fresh leaves, peppermint tea can be made in a matter of minutes. I would imagine whip cream and peppermint sprinkles would be good on this too but I’ll leave that up to your discretion. With the lid on, move the plunger up and down until milk doubles in volume. I hope that when you stop by you leave with something, whether that be a recipe, some photography tips, wellness tips,  or some encouragement. Pour in a mug and enjoy! ! I would link it but I get it from my local’s farmer market. Whisk in the cocoa powder and maple syrup until completely blended in. You may not take any images or content from this site without written permission. I’m using Assam black tea for this recipe but you can use any black tea you prefer. Bring to a boil. Although, I just had to share my new favorite latte with you guys!! Then add either 3 peppermint teabags or 30 peppermint leaves. STEP 6: Pour warm milk into a French press and pump plunger. Add the hot coffee to the milk along with the peppermint extract and stir well. Your email address will not be published. This peppermint tea latte … A tea latte that tastes like dessert in a mug. So, when we’re craving peppermint mocha but want to cut down on the sugar, we whip up a batch of this easy copycat peppermint mocha at home. This homemade peppermint mocha latte recipe is delicious, super easy to make, and much healthier (and cheaper) than Starbucks! I enjoy hearing what others do, as far as traditions go. Remove tea bags. Add the hot coffee to the milk along with the peppermint extract and stir well. What do cacao nibs taste like?There’s no sugar in cacao nibs so they just taste like unsweetened chocolate. At this time of year, I often love a warm drink as my dessert at night. I’ve actually been missing it a lot lately but I vowed to slow down over the holidays so I haven’t been posting as much. Use a teapot with a strainer to make straining out the solids easier. Everything you need to create your dream organized closet! It feels good to sip on a sweet hot drink while watching a favorite movie. Lastly, add the desired amount of maple syrup or honey and blend with a hand frother. Add 2 … I read that you can snack on them as is, but I tried it and it’s completely gross. Ta da! After the milk has heated up a little, place 1-2 bags of peppermint tea in the pot at let them steep for 5-7 minutes. Set aside. Your information will *never* be shared or sold to a 3rd party. Welcome! Or maybe it’s just that chocolate makes just about everything better! I have never filled in a little ova, #ad I only want the best for this adorable face an, A million years later it’s still 2020 and gettin, #Ad This cutie looks innocent, but trust me, she c, To say that working moms, who are also facilitatin. Jump to Recipe Print Recipe. In a small pot, heat up the Silk milk. Affiliate Disclosure: Evolve Media LLC, and its owned and operated websites may receive a small commission from the proceeds of any product(s) sold through affiliate and direct partner links. Add the tea bags and simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring often. Pour into 2 separate cups. Add in the espresso and peppermint extract stirring gently but well. Boil water on the stovetop or in an electric kettle (set it to 208°F). I kind of want it to slow down so I can really savor this season. The mint balances out the chocolate. This post contains affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no cost to you, if you make a purchase through a link. Step 1: Add the milk to a small saucepan and warm gently until tiny bubbles appear around the rim. I actually bought a couple during the summer and sadly this is my last bottle. Don’t grind the entire package since they’ll lose freshness quicker. Make a steaming mug of peppermint tea on a cold winter night, or whip up a batch of iced peppermint tea for a summer party and enjoy the invigorating taste of peppermint! I’m hoping it will last through the winter but it’s so good, so that may not happen. I don’t use both honey and maple syrup but I wanted to share both options with you in case you prefer one over the other. If you’re using electric kettle with a temperature setting set it to 208°F. How to Make Peppermint Mocha Latte. Super simple. This peppermint latte recipe is no exception. Stir to enjoy. But the masterful combination of peppermint, chocolate and coffee is enjoyable any time of year. A Homemade Peppermint Mocha Latte is the ideal cozy drink once December hits.