I have been an avid baker for over ten years - this is definitely a recipe you can trust! Black Bottom Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts to make (and eat!). Creative inspiration in your inbox, never miss a post! The combination of chocolatey, sweet and rich is absolutely irresistible! 1 lb. Let the batter rest 10 minutes at room temperature, then stir in the vinegar. Grandma used to make these cupcakes every time we would visit in the summer. Hello. The cupcake part was moist, and the cheesecake filling on top creates a beautiful effect, so there’s no need for frosting (I love that part—more cake! Place the cream cheese mixture into a food processor and pulse for a few seconds. However, you may use traditional unsweetened Dutch cocoa powder, and they will still be yummy. , I made this but I used water instead of milk and my family loved it!! Prepare cream cheese filling first by stirring together cream cheese and sugar until well-combined and not lumpy. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Leave it out? This is because of using the oil which makes the cake super moist. In a mixing bowl stir together flour, 1 cup sugar, cocoa, 1/2 teaspoon salt. A sweet and creamy peanut butter cream cheese filling studded with mini Reese’s Peanut Butter cups!! I loved this recipe! When mixed together, the batter will be on the runnier side. Once all of the chocolate batter has been distributed add a tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the chocolate batter. Best served chilled - brings the cheesecake and chocolate chips to attention. In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. These were the black bottoms of my childhood and every church potluck. Join our mailing list to receive creative inspiration in your inbox and never miss a post! Add a heaping teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the center the chocolate batter in each cup. These are seriously delicious! ★☆ Since this dessert tastes best chilled it’s perfect to make ahead of a party, potluck or family meal so it’s ready to serve whenever you’re ready to enjoy! A third of the way full is sufficient, and if you fill the liners any further, the chocolate cupcake batter will swell up over the cheesecake filling and swallow it up completely (Please see example cupcakes below: the top one was filled halfway and the bottom one was filled properly, or 1/3 full). Beat together the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup of the granulated … You can also subscribe without commenting. The egg should be at room temperature as well. So, can I leave the battee outside first while waiting the one in oven baked completely? Be sure to check out my video at the bottom of the recipe where I’ll show you exactly how I make these Black Bottom Cupcakes in my own kitchen! As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. My name is Kim, founder of Inspiration Made Simple, and I'm really glad you have stopped by! Why the vinegar, didn’t like the taste it gave them. Using a cookie scoop, fill the cupcake liners no more than 1/2 full, then top with 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese filling. Set aside. Single Flavor: Select your single flavor below. Thanks Camila! They’re surprisingly simple to make with an egg-free cupcake base. Your email address will not be published. They turned out amazing. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. I also like them better cold, just out of the fridge. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a muffin tin with 24 cupcake liners. Both my hubby and I just can’t stop eating them! For the batter: With a mixer, beat eggs and sweetener together until eggs are well mixed. I got 16 cupcakes out of this and had a significant amount of cream cheese mix leftover…perhaps I overfilled batter. Please read my disclosure policy for details. My own little twist on this classic cupcake is to add peanut butter chips. I have tried multiple recipes on the internet for Black Bottom Cupcakes and these are, by far, the best I have tried! I hope you love them as much as I do!❤️. This is my grandmother’s recipe that I’ve been making and enjoying since I was a kid! Then a rich cream cheese mixture with chocolate chips stirred in is dropped by tablespoon full on top of each cupcake. ingredients needed: all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, granulated sugar, eggs, vegetable oil, water, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract, recommended baking tools: large-size mixing bowl and hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, spatula, cookie scoop, 2 cupcake tins, cupcake liners. Please read my disclosure policy. I whisked the dry ingredients together, then added the wet ingredients. A chocolate-lover’s dream! Will definitely be making them again. Let’s bake together! Copyright © 2020 Plowing Through Life Website by Blue Valley Technologies, Black and White Cupcakes, Black Bottom Cupcakes. Your email address will not be published. I have not been able to find a recipe that balanced both components. Mix cake mix according to package directions. Your email address will not be published. I prefer these black bottoms when they are stored in the refrigerator (something about liking my cheesecake cold!). Mix in 1/2 cup of mini peanut butter cups. Made with no butter, eggs or milk and stirred together in one bowl, it was popular during World War II when rations were low. Or if you have any alternatives for it? Your email address will not be published. Evenly divide chocolate batter into prepared muffin tins, filling each liner only ⅓ full with batter. creamy peanut butter 2c. Take extra care not to overbake. I love these cupcakes. Beat together the cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup of the granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of the vanilla extract in a medium bowl on medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth and no lumps remain, 1 to 2 minutes. That cheesecake topping is still in there, it’s just a filling now instead of a topping. 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature, 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (see Cook's Note), When measuring flour, we spoon it into a dry measuring cup and level off excess. It has a fudgy chocolate base and a rich cheesecake center loaded with mini chocolate chips! I definitely want to give this recipe a go!! Simple and Delicious Black Bottom Cupcakes, Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), « No-Bake Chocolate Cream Pie with Chocolate Wafer Crust. Set aside. Look forward to trying more from Beyond the Butter. Have a great weekend! Surprisingly these cream cheese filled chocolate chip cupcakes tastes best right out of the refrigerator. I had never heard of black bottoms before until I saw your video on Facebook, and now have fallen in love with them!!!!! Learn how your comment data is processed. In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, egg, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Quick question, how do you store leftovers? The cream cheese should be softened and at room temperature. Remove from oven and let cool completley before frosting. They're my all time favorite cupcake! First up is these Black Bottom Cupcakes. Mix cake mix according to package directions. Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners. Thank you so much, Rachael! Beat butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy, about 2-3 minutes. Mix until … These Simple and Delicious Black Bottom Cupcakes are marbled masterpieces that will melt in your mouth the minute you take a bite! My son has an egg allergy and flax meal is my favorite egg replacer. DIRECTIONS. I love that you make them with your preschooler too! They’re low-maintenance (no frosting required) and humble in appearance, but so rich, decadent, and packed with flavor. Laura from Pink Cake Plate back to share another delicious dessert! 5 stars!! Can’t wait to try these! Beat in the sugar, egg, and salt until smooth. Would love to try they again. and are one of my favorites. Fill paper lined muffin cups 1/3 full of chocolate batter. By giving consent, you agree to allow us to collect information through cookies. Black Bottom Cupcakes are one of my favorite desserts to make (and eat!). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The chocolate cake is a nice and light basic chocolate cake, which pairs nicely with the rich chocolate chip cheesecake filling.