Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2015. I purchased this study manual while preparing for the 66, and I would call it a supplement at best. Please try again. Reviewed in the United States on January 11, 2017. I used this book to attempt my Series 66 exam and didn't make the cut with a 71%. in writing and a B.A. Reviewed in the United States on May 11, 2010. Regardless, it covers some similar material as the "Pass the 7" book, but the tests also cover some of the same material. I had the study materials from another company so I was able to compare. The study program calendar forces you to stay on track and stay dedicated to your studies. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Please try again. The second time I scored an 85%, with a much more clear and concise book (approx 125 pg vs. approx 300 pg) which also provided a study calendar and online materials and practice exams. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Pass the 66: A Training Guide for the NASAA Series 66 Exam, See all details for Pass the 66: A Training Guide for the NASAA Series 66 Exam, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. My 5 star review is specifically for Melissa Hunt. This book is great if you are curious about the series 66 and want to read for fun. I found it to be very good for the 7. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. All of … I read the "Pass the 66" book twice, took copious notes on what I read and made notecards of all the definitions. I used both Pass the 66 and Pass the 7. Not only was it easy to read, but your sense of humor and story telling ability kept my attention--even with some of the dry legal jargon. While it probably isn't enough to pass on its own, it definitely helped. Do you need to take the Series 66 exam? Easy to work through and would even say it was enjoyable to read. Reviewed in the United States on January 10, 2013. I got this book after reading "Pass the 7" and have to say that it is done very well. Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2016. definitely helped me pass my series 66. the material is presented more like you're having a conversation with a friend at a bar than reading dry financial information. If you are trying to pass the test, this is not the book to do so. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Robert Walker's training products are fantastic, Reviewed in the United States on December 24, 2011. Best of luck. Maybe I didn't study enough the first time. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Please try again. I took the Series 66 on Friday and passed with a 91%! Do the terms hypothecation, rule of 72, and pass-through certificate give you a headache? For the sake of argument, or in fairness, I came from an unrelated industry and maybe it would satiate someone else. I used this book and pass perfect online material and passed the 66 with a 78%. It tells too many stories and you often wonder while reading, what am I suppose to be learning for the test. Moving forward in my career I will Top subscription boxes – right to your door, Pass the 66: A Training Guide for the NASAA Series 66 Exam 5th edition by Robert Walker (2014) Paperback, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. On the exam I scored an 86% on that portion. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required. There was an error retrieving your Wish Lists. Reviewed in the United States on April 12, 2009. The exam covers a lot of information, and the test questions are detailed and demanding. After reading so many threads on the subject, I was discouraged to use STC and asked my firm to at least get me the TC question bank, which they did, for $99. Read honest and unbiased product reviews from our users. I appreciate Robert Walker's books because they are written using layman terms. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I've answered around 2500 qbank questions out of the 3400 they have to offer. There are some things that he can at times over complicate. It is easy to comprehend and much more readable than a standard textbook. There was a problem loading your book clubs. BUT, I had no exposure to the laws and regs part of the exam prior to this book. It's like learning the 66 material over a drink at the bar with a friend. It really was more about memorization than learning concepts. This bar-code number lets you verify that you're getting exactly the right version or edition of a book. This page works best with JavaScript. Robert Walker's book is a quick read and is in plain english, but there are many granular facts and concepts that he does not provide in this text. Granted I took the series 7 a week before i started studying the 66 so a lot of the material was fresh in my mind. It was still a great read and i still use it as a reference guide every so often when i need to jog my memory, or even if I'm looking for a non-technical way to explain a concept to a client or friend. in English, Walker has managed to translate Securities-ese into plain English, with a liberal dash of humor. Thank you. You would think the stories are a different way of explaining things to make it simpler or easier to remember but you just end up asking yourself why you just wasted time reading useless stories. If you can answer yes to both of these questions, then you have come to the right place. Unable to add item to List. I got the Pass the 7 book from this series and thought it was great, so I decided to go for it with the Pass the 66 for my next test. The 13-digit and 10-digit formats both work. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. In the future I wouldn't even consider using another resource to tackle the preparation for a Series exam. I absolutely loved this book. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. I passed the Series 66 exam with an 83 this morning! Useless book if you are simply trying to pass the test, I would recommend Pass Perfect. So, I decided to buy the Kaplan book and qbank which I've been using for the past month. Armed with an M.F.A. Hindsight, the definitions were a waste of time as the exam was much more conceptual than understanding of terms. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The author does an excellent job spelling out the laws and regs and making them make sense. Did it help me clarify some topics, sure. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. --Ashley Harmon, MBA, Personal Wealth Manager/Principal of South Atlantic Capital Management. Not nearly as good as Pass the 7, but we'll worth the price. Robert Walker, a professional trainer who specializes in securities licensing exams including the Series 63, 65, 66, 6, and 7 exams, has written this book for those who are about to brave the NASAA Series 66 examination. Studying for the Series 66 Exam can be a daunting process. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Great training guide but needs to cover the Uniform Securities Act more, Reviewed in the United States on December 10, 2011. I hope this helps someone who is digging into what they should use for studying. The Series 66 material is not hard – you just need to know the difference between Uniform Securities Acts, Federal Laws, etc. I would highly recommend this book to someone taking the 66. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in, Pass the 66: A Training Guide for the NASAA Series 66 Exam. Passed the Series 7/6/9/10 all because of Pass Perfect. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Overall pretty good study material. I passed the 66 today with 77%. Series 66, the NASAA Uniform Combined State Law Examination, is quite different from its co-requisite Series 7. I must say that your textbook was one of the most well-written study materials I have read. Very helpful. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. The Pass Perfect system definitely helps you pass your exams! The book does help you understand concepts of the test and is way to wordy of book in my opinion. Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Pass the 66: A Training Guide for the NASAA Series 66 Exam at Amazon.com. Coupled with intelligent study coaches for help & review, this study course definitely gave me more confidence going into the exam. The way that it is written is superb. The overview of the investment vehicles and strategies are excellent and covers more than you need to know. As a disclosure, I graduate Saturday with a degree in Financial Services, so the half of the test that did not surround laws and regs I was already familiar with. Reviewed in the United States on July 13, 2014. Reviewed in the United States on October 2, 2009.