The large, 12-inch skillet is made from stainless steel — which shouldn’t get discolored or react with foods — with aluminum at the base for quick heating. Buy: Le Creuset 10" Signature Square Grill Pan, $180, available at Williams-Sonoma. I leave it out, hanging from a hook in my kitchen, because it’s a piece to behold. Modern non-stick pans are now very safe even when used in daily cooking. This wok is just what I needed and although I wish it were a little lighter for maneuverability (I am a small woman), I understand that a lighter material would not yield such good results. Sign up for Insider Select. While two handles and a red silicone handle cover make the pan a little easier to lift, it’s quite heavy at 6.67 pounds. Cast iron skillets also are relatively affordable so that they won’t break your bank account. Achieve amazing grill marks on your favorite meats, veggies, and more thanks to this grill pan from Lodge. Cast Iron Skillet. Buy: Lodge 9" Cast Iron Chef's Skillet, $17.10, available at Amazon. I’m actually going to order another set for my son!". Kitchen Heaven: 5 Types of Frying Pans You Need in Your Kitchen, 5 Best Upholstery Fabric Types for Your Furniture, Working from Home: How to Set Remote Employees Up for Success, A Strikingly Modern Kitchen With Kitchen Renovation Companies, Custom Wood Range Hood Kits by Archways and Ceilings – All You Need To Know. I’m actually going to order another set for my son! });5inKitcheNeedPansYouYour PreviousFormer wrestling star Ryback blasted after claiming WWE will 'be a better place' when 'piece of s***' Vince McMahon dies NextThis ‘Friends’ Advent Calendar Is Filled With Keepsakes From The Show. Highly recommended.". _taboola.push({ Zwilling Spirit Ceramic Dutch Oven, $139.95, available at Sur La Table. How To Remodel Your Kitchen To Raise Your Home Value, How to Protect Your Property from Natural Disaster, 3 Ways To Make Your Italian Kitchen More Spacious, Three Keys for Having a More Organized Home. The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Why Do People Prefer Kitchen Renovations Sunshine Coast? I leave it out, hanging from a hook in my kitchen, because it’s a piece to behold. This pick comes with a silicone handle cover so you can safely hold it without getting burned — a must when you’re cooking with high heat. But as they say, skill alone is not enough. Enameled cast iron also has the benefit of providing a smooth surface that food shouldn’t stick to too badly — which is important because nonstick cookware shouldn’t be used for high heat cooking, as the nonstick coating can melt or break down at higher temps. It does need to be seasoned, and one should take care of the unit like keep it away from moisture when storing. Disclosure: This post is brought to you by Business Insider's Insider Picks team. People nowadays are cautious in indulging in human contact. Hand-washing is recommended by the brand. Uses: Go-to for stir fries, vegetables, braising, and finishing dishes. All-Clad 4-Quart Tri-Ply Stainless-Steel Saucepan, $214.94, available at Amazon. We may receive a portion of sales from products purchased from this article, which was written by our Commerce team. Using a non-stick pan will enable you to be more carefree with your cooking. You can get a jelly roll pan or a cookie sheet, but they're not as versatile. […] No need to buy more expensive, this pan is good looking, functional and affordable.