Spoon sauce over chops before serving. For information about our privacy practices, please visit our website. Best ever! During this time, the juices will redistribute through the meat and the meat will continue to cook. Can we say SPARKS! (For a thicker sauce, add one tablespoon of a cornstarch and water slurry.). In a large skillet, heat oil on high heat. Cook until the bottom side of the meat is nicely brown. I read the other reviews and I too was concerned about the salt so I used low sodium soy sauce and teriyaki sauce. Awesome Baked Pork Chops. I like the pictures in this post! Don’t believe me? Instead of the 2.5 cups of water I used 1.5 cups of water and two 8oz cans of crushed pineapple w/ juice. If serving them over noodles I would make a bit extra sauce. Mix all ingredients EXCEPT the butter in a bowl. Drizzle on the pan sauce and garnish with fresh parsley. Sign up for the FREE Just One Cookbook newsletter delivered to your inbox! -3/4 c teriyaki sauce Then there was the time I was using the electric chain saw and cut the extension cord in half. Hi Rachel! Follow on… Here you will find a variety of recipes using simple everyday ingredients and creating wonderful, delicious and comforting meals, including some decadent desserts. I've made this twice because I want it to come out right. In a large bowl combine soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and water. When they’re done cooking, the sauce thickens and caramelizes so you end up with these delicious sweet and a bit spicy pork chops that just melt in your mouth. Will cook this for my family often! Asian Pork Chops: The Recipe. Because, I don’t know how to work the BBQ. . The sauce adds a lot of flavor to the pork. Finally, I finished cooking them in the oven for just a few minutes. Add the smashed garlic cloves and the black pepper. Recipe by Namiko Chen of Just One Cookbook. Reduce the heat to medium, then add 1/4 cup of white wine to deglaze the pan. I absolutely LOVE the taste of the sauce. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. -1/2 c soy sauce When a meat thermometer is inserted in the thickest part, it should read 135 F. Remove the meat from the heat. Oh my that scared me so bad I will not touch that again! Pierce the pork chops with a fork and marinate  with calamansi (or lemon) juice and soy sauce. I did a quick reduction on the marinade and reduced it to about 1/8th of a cup and thickened it. You’ll want to use a pan that is oven safe. You will cook them for 3 minutes on one side, or until browned a bit, and then flip them over for another 3 minutes. Melt butter over medium heat in an oven-safe frying pan. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 3 minutes (depends on the thickness of your pork chop). This error message is only visible to WordPress admins, Instant Filipino Recipes: My Mother’s Traditional Philippine Cooking in A Multicooker Pot by Elizabeth Ann Besa-Quirino, Guinataang Mais – Instant Pot + Stove-top, Instant Pot Sinigang na Salmon – Tamarind Stew. Glad to hear that. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Pro Tips xoxo, Hi Mary! Here you will find a variety of recipes using simple everyday ingredients and creating wonderful, delicious and comforting meals, including some decadent desserts. Korean cuisine is one of my favorites! You “can” but if you want to sear the pork chop nicely, you prefer to have a flat skillet so the meat can have good contact with the heat. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Prick the pork chop with fork so the meat will absorb the marinade and put them in the Ziploc bag. Pat them dry on both sides with a paper towel then rub the seasonings onto both sides. I’m so happy I came across your site; I really enjoy Japanese cooking. If I had room for more, I’d definitely go back for seconds! They really were tender, full of flavor, and very easy to make. Buy our best-selling e-cookbook for 33 more easy and simple recipes! korean style pork chops, pork chop recipes, pork chops, Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes Sheet Pan Dinner, Grilled Pork Chops with Quinoa, Asparagus and Mushrooms, Mustard Balsamic Pork Chops with Rosemary. Cast iron is AMAZING to cook with and you won’t regret ever owning the stuff. Design by, neutral-flavored oil (vegetable, canola, etc). The meat was tender and full of flavor.