Spices: for flavor to make your pancakes delicious – use your favorites: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ground ginger etc. Required fields are marked *. You’ll start by whisking the eggs and vanilla together before adding in the almond flour. Instead of all purpose flour like in regular wheat flour pancakes, almond flour is the main nut flour providing most of the bulk. The batter should be super thick, I’ll make a video of it . Spray griddle or pan with avocado OR coconut oil cooking spray. The exact flour recommendation is listed in the ingredients list. 3 Ingredient Paleo Pizza Crusts {keto, low calorie}, 4 Ingredient Protein Brownie Bites (Keto, Vegan, Paleo), 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free), 3 Ingredient No Bake Keto Peanut Butter Balls (Paleo, Vegan, Low Carb), Flourless Keto Brownies (Paleo, Vegan, Nut Free), 3 Ingredient Paleo Vegan Coconut Crack Bars (Keto, Sugar Free, No Bake). This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. Taste-wise, they are slightly sweet and the perfect base for a plethora of toppings. Why? There are several tricks to ensure these eggless keto pancakes are super thick and fluffy. xo. Do they need to have tapioca flour or can I leave that out? Delicious and healthier recipes to sweeten up your life. Let the pan heat up on medium heat for at least 5 minutes, so it’s hot enough before you add the almond flour batter. Note: the batter will be very thick, so use your finger to form a circular pancake shape in the batter, as it will not spread on its own. The timing shouldn’t be an issue! I couldn’t’ flip them, they got too burnt on the outside and barely cooked in the middle. Once you master almond flour pancakes, try coconut flour pancakes or grain-free crepes to keep the breakfast menu interesting. I used a non stick pan coated heavily in coconut oil and still ended up with a scrambled mess (a very expensive almond flour scrambled mess!) | ©Bulletproof 360, Inc. 2013–2020, https://www.bulletproof.com/recipes/paleo/almond-flour-paleo-pancakes-recipe/, https://www.bulletproof.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Fluffy-Bulletproof-Pancakes_header_stack-of-pancakes-300x160.jpg, Paleo pancake recipe and content provided by. Like us on Facebook for delicious recipes and a lot more! These look so great but don’t have any ground flaxseed and seriously can’t wait until it arrives, so would the recipe work as well with real eggs if vegan isn’t essential, just low carb ? We are always experimenting with gluten free pancake recipes and as much as we love these coconut flour pancakes, these fluffy almond flour pancakes are one of our absolute favorites. I did use a different coconut milk (without guar gum) For those who’s pancakes may be falling apart – just use more flax mix and be sure the flax mix has sat long enough 15 mins. I tried this recipe and despite putting butter in my cast iron while heating per usual the pancakes stuck terribly and wouldn’t even flip were just a mess. Let the pancake batter sit for 5 minutes, to thicken. They’re so fluffy, I could die. The good news is, you don’t have to make 50 of them to fill everyone up! Repeat until you’re done with the batter! COPYRIGHT ©2020 Life Made Sweeter. Especially frustrating with two hungry toddlers at your feet! Almond flour and a little tapioca flour make the bulk of this recipe, while a wet mixture of milk, honey and the flax egg is slowly incorporated. But we ended up tossing them. They turned out perfect, no sticking. Note: If the pancakes are still "raw" in the center after a 4th flip, finish them off in the microwave for 10 to 30 seconds. Stir together the ground flax seed and water in a bowl. Information provided by this website or this company is not a substitute for direct, individual medical treatment or advice. These Almond Flour Pancakes are soft, fluffy and easily made for your next low carb breakfast or brunch. I follow direction only sub was used coconut/cashew milk. You can plug the recipe into myfitnesspal to get the exact macros depending on how many pancakes you consume 😀 Hope you enjoy! Flip and cook another minute or two on the other side. Line cooked pancakes on a baking sheet in a single layer and place the pan in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. A note on grain-free pancakes: These will be a little denser than your traditional pancake. Carefully flip and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes. You can follow my Paleo Almond Flour Pancakes recipe if you eat eggs. I’d suggest using the tapioca flour, as it helps bind the pancakes together. How much is considered 1 serving for the pancakes?! On top of that, they require minimal ingredients. I’m so happy you like the pancakes 😀 xoxo. Instead of all purpose flour like in regular wheat flour pancakes, almond flour is the main nut flour providing most of the bulk. If you liked that article, you'll absolutely LOVE our daily newsletter -- with more recipes, workouts, and tips and tricks to be the healthiest version of yourself. Can I use that instead of flax seed?? Whip up a stack of fluffy egg-free pancakes!. Get our free almond flour recipe cookbook here! They’re also fluffy and moist. But if you don’t have any of these appliances, you can mix the pancake batter in a mixing bowl. Allow this mixture to sit for 10 to 15 minutes, or until it thickens to the consistency of a beaten egg. Thank you! * Start with 1/2 cup but only add more as needed. Baking Powder: a leavener that helps your pancakes rise. These pancakes will satisfy just about anyone’s tastebuds, and the fact that they’re grain-free, dairy-free, and require minimal ingredients is a major bonus. Grease a non-stick pan on medium heat. Remember: grain-free, egg-free pancakes will always require more cook time than pancakes made with eggs and all-purpose flour. Here you'll find nutritious weeknight meals, easy one-pan recipes and quick meal-prep ideas. They were very filling, had leftovers. Almond Flour Pancakes. Done! These keto almond flour pancakes are so thick and fluffy, you won't believe that they are low carb! Whisk your egg whites (using a hand mixer or fork) until stiff white peaks start to form. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sides of the pancake firm up and the center appears to be set up as well. Love almond flour recipes? I thought baking powder isn’t paleo because it has corn starch in it. The swap for eggs couldn’t be any easier – I simply whip up two “flax eggs” using ground flax seed and water as a replacement. Truthfu, Scenes from Mini - Friendsgiving! Just be sure you give them enough time on the stove top so that they cook through and don’t turn out “raw” in the center. Check your email for a confirmation link. Let cook for around 2 to 3 minutes per side or until the edges are firm. Substitute hazelnut flour for the almond flour. Made with just 6 ingredients, these almond flour pancakes make the perfect keto breakfast! Ingredients to make these Low-Carb Pancakes. Saw a few comments about it sticking but this recipe worked for me! Almond Flour: Be sure you are using almond flour that is labelled as super-fine blanched and not almond meal for this almond flour pancake mix. Very fluffy and filling!!! Once you master almond flour pancakes, try coconut flour pancakes or grain-free crepes to keep the breakfast menu interesting. You probably have all the ingredients on hand to make these Low-carb Almond Flour Pancakes. YES! They’re also super satisfying and taste delicious. They still fell apart. If you enjoyed this recipe and would like to publish it on your own website, please re-write it, in your own words and link back to my site and recipe page. 😀. Go into making the recipe with the expectation that you will need to exercise some patience throughout the cooking process. Thank you! That was a typo – there’s no pure maple syrup in the pancake batter. MIX WET INGREDIENTS: In a large bowl, beat the eggs then whisk in the almond butter, sweetener, milk and vanilla until smooth. Your email address will not be published. Thank you and well done! While I personally love a stack of keto pancakes on their own, you can jazz it up in a number of ways! For extra fluffy pancakes, separate the egg whites and whip until stiff peaks then fold into the batter after you add the cinnamon. We receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links. Awesome! This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. In terms of texture, they are light and fluffy, thanks to the almond flour and whipped egg whites! If I could choose one breakfast to eat for the rest of my life, it would be pancakes. Store any leftovers in a zip lock bag or a tupperware container in the refrigerator or freezer. … Separate the egg whites and egg yolks and whip the egg whites until stiff peaks. We love almond flour since it is a delicious a nut-based grain-free, gluten free alternative to white flour or whole wheat flour. Absolutely! Measure out ¼ cup of pancake batter and pour it onto the hot surface. In a separate bowl, whisk all of the wet ingredients. I’m thrilled to hear it! GENTLY flip and cook another 2-4 minutes or until golden brown and the middle is cooked through. Making normal pancakes without dairy is already quite a feat in itself, but making low carb pancakes without dairy? I think the trick here is the cast iron and it wouldn’t hurt to make that recommendation in your recipe. If you don’t have monk fruit sweetener, you can swap with your preferred low carb sweetener like SWERVE, erythritol or coconut sugar for paleo. They are! In a large mixing bowl, combine your blanched almond flour, coconut flour, cinnamon, and baking powder. Sorry the pancakes didn’t work out as you expected. No Bake Chocolate Coconut Bars- 4 Ingredients! In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks then whisk in the almond butter, sweetener, milk and vanilla until smooth. pancakes can be enjoyed whether you’re a carbaholic (hi!) Did you cook on medium heat and cover them? Primary Sidebar. These almond flour pancakes are thick, fluffy and so easy to make in just one bowl. I hope I can inspire you to cook healthier dishes at home. I think you’ll like that recipe better. Your email address will not be published. I think I need to lower the heat a bit some got a little burt on the first side. When hot, pour small 1/4 cup portions of the batter and if possible, place a lid on top. These Paleo Almond Flour Pancakes are light, fluffy, and only have three ingredients! Paleo Diet Recipes, Information, and Tips. I am Olivia and I'm so excited to help you to make healthy uncomplicated meals that have a family-friendly approach! If you or someone you know has dietary restrictions or are following a paleo or low carb keto diet, this almond flour pancake recipe is a healthy and delicious brunch option. They are so easy to make and you can customize them according to what you like or have in your pantry. The pancakes were edible, but I can’t say I enjoyed them. I haven’t tried that but I don’t see why not- I have a chocolate chip pancake recipe to share this week which is egg-based! Now check your email to confirm your subscription. No fancy flavors, no crazy additions, but produce a stack of keto pancakes with one big caveat- I wanted these pancakes to be made with no dairy. Low carb fruit- Serve these pancakes with a side of sliced strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries. These Low-carb Pancakes are great substitute for regular pancake recipes when you want to reduce carbs in your diet! YES! One of my favourite meals of the day is breakfast. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. You’ll know it’s time to flip them when the sides begin to firm up and the center of the pancakes are a little firmer as well. Nope. And finally, using a 1/4 measuring cup, scoop batterand pour the batter into the pan. Almond Butter: binds the pancakes and gives them structure and that fluffy texture, Unsweetened Almond milk: or any other milk (dairy-free or not) of your choice. If you’d like eggless pancakes, you may enjoy flourless pancakes or pumpkin pancakes.