Primal Breakfast Burrito One thing that all Paleo breakfast burritos have in common is they won’t be using a flour tortilla as the wrapper. Do you know any alternatives to wheat flour for some of the recipes? One more word of wisdom: when all else fails, stick a sweet potato in your bag with a packet of peanut butter and microwave it for 5 minutes at work. All of these can be carried with you in a bag or a small container and eaten on the go or at work/office/event etc. 20. Disclaimer • Privacy • Cookie Policy • About • Contact. x, Wow, great Ideas! 44. 53. Remember those mornings when you quickly grabbed peanut butter toast and ran out the door? Spicy Egg Frittata This recipe isn’t messing around, and if you like a nice bit of heat to wake up your taste buds in the morning, this is the way to go. This gives it a pretty authentic look, taste, and feel, so you’ll swear you’re eating a regular breakfast burrito. Recipe: Nom Nom Paleo | Prosciutto-Wrapped Mini Frittata Muffins. This uses ghee in the hollandaise sauce, and keeps everything as simple as possible. I think that breakfast and portable lunches are the most challenging part of the paleo, or even gluten free, diet. 17. Not only are her recipes bursting with flavor, but they can be quickly assembled as you barrel out the door in the morning. This is a popular mix with Paleo cooks, and it does a good job of replicating the look and feel of baked goods. A unique blend of spices and some creamy coconut milk makes this a can’t-miss start to a cold morning. House of Cyn Breakfast Burrito This burrito is using eggs as the tortilla, so it doubles as a sort of omelet, but for our purposes here we’re willing to call it a burrito. She’s using one of the trendiest and healthiest veggies on the planet, kale, so you’re going to be getting additional protein, a good serving of fiber, as well as many phytonutrients and minerals. They’ve also made the waffles totally Paleo by using coconut flour in lieu of the wheat-based flour you always see in waffles. When it comes to healthy eating, one of the challenges many people face is the lack of time to prepare (and often to eat) breakfast, lunch and snacks. 29. Well, paleo breakfast ideas take a little more creativity with the absence of dairy and grains. 46. 18. The other special ingredient is pecans, which will supply you with healthy fat, and give you energy to burn through your morning activities. Writer. 13. In Paleo … Most normal people go to bed not even thinking about breakfast, then grab a Greek yogurt before work. I’m surprised Taco Bell isn’t all over this. Stick a fork in me because I am done! I’m excited to make some. This one also includes eggs in the tortilla and boasts fish inside. I am going to do that! Zucchini Ham & Sun-dried Tomato Savoury Muffins, Sweet Potato & Chicken Nest Muffins (Egg-Free), Paleo Sweet Potato Savoury Muffins from Paleo Running Momma, Savoury Egg Meatmuffins from The Healthy Foodie. Part of it is because you won’t be consuming breakfast foods that make you that way, and part of it is because you’ll be switching to foods your body handles much more efficiently. Not only are these paleo breakfast ideas super easy to make, but they can also be made ahead of time! It’s chicken that takes on the flavors of breakfast! Finally – someone who understands how to make life easy; food delicious; and healthy living as rewarding and simple as it’s meant to be!” ―Liz Wolfe, author of Eat the Yolks. These light and fluffy muffins are also satisfying, and will hold you over for a long time. Rather than a recipe, here’s a formula with recommendations to construct many protein shakes that you can take with you every morning! 55. Now I need to figure out which one I should try first. So many amazing ideas! Diana inspires change; her knowledge, passion, and dedication to the well-being of her clients and our community is what makes her both an exceptional dietitian and a true thought leader. Eggs are a perfect source of healthy fat and protein, not to mention all kinds of micronutrients – and with a frittata, you’ve got your vegetables conveniently included in one finger-friendly package. The statements on this website are merely opinions. It’s using coconut flour to thicken it up, and coconut milk to make it rich and creamy. Diana is an exceptional resource for anyone looking for a realistic and balanced plan to take back their health through food and lifestyle changes. ). Here’s an Italian inspired egg scramble that uses just 7 Paleo ingredients to create a hot, filling breakfast quickly and easily. Avocado, Kale, Peach Smoothie This is a healthy and delicious breakfast smoothie that’s basically made of avocado, kale, and peach. Muesli, granola and chia puddings make a great portable breakfast, especially if you prepare everything the night before. Yum yum yum. This is one of the Paleo recipes with plenty of ingredients, but once you see how it tastes, you’ll be hooked. It’s not too often you see a recipe calling for squash blossom, and if you’ve never eaten one you’re in for a real treat. Just whip them together on a Sunday night and you won’t have to worry about your a.m. meals throughout the week. Buffalo Chicken Waffles Spice up your morning with these buffalo chicken waffles. Here she’s put the whole thing on an artichoke heart to keep it grain-free. Breakfast though … presents a special challenge. What is a Scotch Egg? This sweet bowl brings together banana, eggs, apple, almond butter, coconut, and cinnamon. A combination of coconut flour and tapioca flour gives these just the right consistency, and in no time at all you’ll have them ready for the oven so you can finish getting ready for your day. They’re using thick cuts of bacon, and we’d advise you to do the same so that you get nice thick bits tucked into the waffle. Paleo meals are often vibrant, with different types of vegetables accenting the overall look. Civilized Breakfast “Burrito” This burrito uses coconut flour to make the tortilla, a common replacement for ordinary flour made from wheat. PS: You can get great sources of protein from other places besides meat too. These are all such great ideas. Squash Blossom and Zucchini Frittata This has to be one of the prettiest frittatas we’ve ever seen, and it’s all thanks to the squash blossoms used. Lunch and dinner on the paleo diet are easy: you pretty much pair meat with vegetables and occasionally a sweet potato and call it a meal. Spinach is added to get your morning off to a healthy start and power you up with phytonutrients and antioxidants. Recipe: Wildblend | Vanilla Blueberry Protein Smoothie Bowl. Jessie B’s Breakfast Burrito Jessie B knows how to make a breakfast burrito the Paleo way, and thankfully she’s willing to share her recipe. Be sure that you are using organic pork to avoid all of the things wrong with the way pigs are conventionally raised. The dish on sustainable eating and food production. Apple combined with rosemary, thyme, fennel, and onion bring a sausagey flavor to this chicken dish, and it’s easy to put between two slices of Paleo bread, Paleo tortillas, or simply lettuce. Paleo Protein Bars: What's the Honest Truth? By the way I really like them. Grad student. Recipe: Balanced Bites | Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins. They get baked in a cupcake tin, so they’ll come out in a uniform shape and size, and you can even bring them with you as they make a great handheld breakfast for those mornings when you don’t have time to sit down and eat at the table. Instead of trying to be 110% paleo while dealing with continental breakfasts, client dinners, conference parties, and road trips, aim to eat paleo on the road 80% of the time. Beetroot Chocolate Waffles Beetroot is one of the most nutritious vegetables you’re probably not eating. I’m not kidding … I do this often and it’s one of my favorite paleo breakfast ideas around. There are sun dried tomatoes cooked right in, but you may still want to pair this up with a vegetable of your choosing, since a balanced Paleo meal will be meat and veggies in almost equal amounts. Recipe: Live Health Easy | Pumpkin Protein Muffins. Nuts, seeds, berries, and optional banana slices ensure that you’re going to enjoy this sweet cereal, just pour coconut milk over it and dig in. This muffin is the perfect way to kick off your day (literally). OMG, thank you for so many amazing recipes! See what your body can handle, and take the ax to anything that upsets your system. They’ve done a great job of showing you how to make these, and giving you ideas on what to put in them. Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins When you need your chocolate fix in the morning, stick with these muffins. I am so excited to see my Bacon Avocado Portobello Breakfast Sandwich here, among some of the top Paleo Chefs, and some of the top Paleo recipes! 22. These are eggs you can eat with your hands! 34. Meaty mini muffins filled with mushrooms and a variety of colorful veggies. When you need to feed a crowd this is the way to go, as you can make a pan full of delicious breakfast fare as easily as making breakfast for just one or two people.