A White Christmas is in store for most, according to BackRoads Bill, producing extensive early January riding opportunities across the province. Success! The OFSC and club volunteers have worked continuously to preparing for the upcoming season. Celebrate free Canadian winter fun at this epic festival which takes place in Ottawa during the first three weekends of February each year! Sort by. I know I know, he works at the airport weather site) says milder Temps, more snow this year. Just get out and ride when the snow is plentiful, and the trails are open. Best for planning. An expert is defined as “a person who has a comprehensive and authoritative knowledge of or skill in a particular area”. I looked to the Wooly Bear Caterpillar (Pyrrharctia Isabella – Isabella Tiger Moth) – a black and brown fuzzy fellow that is said to predict the forthcoming winter. With so much water in the lakes, it takes longer for them to cool down, thus, longer to freeze. “My reply is no” to riding with you if you do not have a permit and “my sources say no” trails in the future without the support from permit buyers–so please buy where you ride to ensure we have trails tomorrow. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Rest assured he was never bored while immersed in nature. Consider your permit as an investment in the sport you love. In fact, the period from 2014-2017 saw the fastest three-year increase in water levels since record keeping began. 1.3k. Will today be a great day? It’s “most likely” that you will experience a good amount of this. It is important to practice physical distancing, frequent hand washing, and the wearing of a non-medical face covering where required or where physical distancing is a challenge. Do you recall the scene I painted for you in the opening paragraph? other WeatherTAB forecast views... Daily Forecast - Daily view of forecast. ), Bill noted, “The bracken ferns turned before it was time, the forest floor went from lush to grave. I suppose we’ll have to “concentrate and ask again” in November to see what these two experts think about the forthcoming winter. Let’s hope for the shoreline and marina operator’s sake we see a strong El Niña event which will bring colder than normal temperatures to the lakes and boost evaporation in the form of snow! Bill said, “He trained me well but not sure if Gord accounted for climate change?" You can also see how a jet stream in this position may draw down the Polar Vortex. View Entire Discussion (0 Comments) More posts from the ottawa community. My guy (yeah.. Legend has it that the width of the brown band predicts the weather for the coming winter: a narrow band indicates a stormy, icy, cold winter while a wide band brown band indicates a mild, warm winter. The shadows are blue brisk and dark. With la nina set up, the eastern lakes and eastern townships of ontario will likely have a more mild season than normal. What's the weather going to be like for Ontario snowmobilers his winter? So, it’s no surprise that the surface temperatures of the Great Lakes are warmer than normal. best. fox I spotted while walking home! Doug says this weather will be nice for enjoying outdoor activities but watch out for storms. There’s no shortage of experts in the world today. The congregation of flocks of sandhill cranes were all ready to migrate which is another early sign of impending winter. As you peer down the trail you notice that during your slumber the groomer has been at work—a white ribbon through the forest awaits! However, if it does rain/snow during the month, expect most of it to occur on higher risk days. This can even happen in a winter that is warmer than normal. I’m proud to say you’ve told me the inclusion of numerous references is one of the reasons why these yearly predictions are so valuable. View detailed forecast. These events, of course, are not only from the warmer, low-pressure system tracking through but also the fast-moving cold front that whips up the mega squalls. And how much snow will we have? This initiative starts with ensuring that our districts, clubs and volunteers work smart and safe throughout this fall and winter to keep trails happening.” This is all great news in my opinion, for those of you that are “very doubtful” about trails opening. How cold will it be? So we shouldn't be getting months of the insane cold, but with that comes more snowfall when we have an event. We know, based on the information that David Phillips of Environment Canada provided, that we’ve had more hot days than normal this past summer. Forecast predictions? Get outside! Those in Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and eastern British Columbia can expect much colder than normal winter temperatures with above-normal snow over the interior of British Columbia, Alberta, and Saskatchewan. The NOAA says that El Niña conditions are will continue throughout the Northern Hemisphere Winter. There are several new groomers rolling out to key areas in the province and countless hours have been spent navigating, preparing and implementing new measures that are all rolled into the Trail to Ride 2021 initiative. This means that the weather over and around these mega lakes has a big impact on their water levels while in turn, the water level affects the weather. Doug finished his report by saying, “Unfortunately, it is still too early to know exactly where that storm track will set up.” He will release his final winter forecast at the end of November and at that time he will have a better indication of how these storms will flow. However, if it does rain/snow during the month, expect most of it to occur on higher risk days. Are Ontario snowmobilers in for a great season ahead? Something that looks like this, if you're lucky!