Circle him while attacking and quickly close any … Privacy PolicyCookie SettingsDo Not Sell My InformationReport Ad. Every time I dodge, I end up too far away to land a blow before he starts up another chain. Press J to jump to the feed. Orphan of Kos second phase. Help. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive. How do you beat the orphan of kos second phase. Also there are some combos you can just dodge once and then mostly walk away from (particularly the one where he juste starts slamming the ground in front of him like a madman) which means you can get a more coordinated hit in after. Mid range will be dangerous and hard to avoid attacks. save. I was wondering how to beat him. His second form on the other hand is all about instinct and rage its all about matching his insanity and speeding around him as he throws his tantrums. For me it was just a dodge and hit thing. No argument there. How do you beat the orphan of kos second phase? Personally, i found that staying close to his left (your right) and dodging through his attacks was much better than backing off from him, because he doesnt have the best turn radius during combos. When I first fought him in his second phase i focused on just learning his moveset instead of trying to get hits in. I got his first phase down pretty easily now but get destroyed by his second This is ng+3 bl 120. So I finally beat the game and the final boss *spoilers*, Sad how random youtuber can patch this to run at 60fps, Finally killed Ludwig on my BL4 character. I also found out this month you can backstab him as soon as he ends his electric attack, and you visceral him as the electric waves go over you in your immortality frames. share. The only time you need to grind out blood vials is when you're already struggling - that just sucks and it detracts from the game when you have to do it. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. I am having trouble with the orphan. Ok so it took me weeks to beat this gross little shrimp hand baby man... His first form is about patients, you need to wait for clear openings or preform counters. hide . Help with Laurence, the first vicar and apparently first boss I just can't beat? Stick to his left side (right for you). And dodge/roll forward when he does those jump attacks. by learning his attacks like you did in the first phase. Play aggressive.It is advised not to duo co-op against this boss as his health pool will be increased and his move set in phase 2 become more unpredictable, especially his blood orb attack.When fighting him, avoid the beach and fight him in the water as the terrain is less uneven. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. Every time I dodge, I end up too far away to land a blow before he starts up another chain. Second stage, try to keep your distance but stay close enough to quickly get some hits in when OoK stopped attacking. It can vary on which weapon your using (i used ludwids holy blade so i could get like 1 light and have to roll away again) its basically just a waiting game. To quote one of the notes I've seen outside OoK: There are a few distinct moves that leave him vulnerable to backstabs. It would seem that I have completely forgotten how I beat this guy on my first playthrough. 100% Upvoted. basically take your time, and never get greedy... Can anyone help me beat Laurence on NG++?? Iirc, OoK's wide swings leave his back exposed for a couple of seconds and in second stage, his frantic smashes are similar. ?Bloodborne Game install Incomplete. Orphan of Kos is one of the hardest bosses in Bloodborne and he heavily punishes players with passive playstyle. He has another combo where he swings twice horizontally and ends up at a distance to you, and then he'll jump towards you. 3 comments. Cannot load save data. I have tried so many times to get in some damage but I always get killed 5 seconds into the second phase. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Bloodborne is an Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, makers of the critically acclaimed Dark Souls series. Then i spent a few lives learning what attacks i can parry(youtube can help with that) after that its just a case of picking when you can get hits in and not be gready. Strategy. Also, BL84 is pretty low for OOK, maybe grind a few levels - even being able to survive one more of his attacks can make a huge difference in phase 2. Hey, if its what you gotta do, its what you gotta do. © 2020 GAMESPOT, A RED VENTURES COMPANY. There are a few openings for backstabs. You can parry almost all attacks on first stage and you can get behind OoK in both stages for a backstab, depends on your weapon speed and length though. If anyone can help, it would be appreciated. The first phase is super easy but the second phase just destroys me. The site may not work properly if you don't, If you do not update your browser, we suggest you visit, Press J to jump to the feed. You can get ~100k every few minutes, which buys a fair stack of vials. Help. Ever since I found out about the glitch with the HP on Visceral rune, I've been able to beat the first phase without using a single vial. I've also gotten good at doing viscerals on him, so the phase one usually lasts about 2 minutes. Discussion. The first phase is super easy but the second phase just destroys me. User Info: jchill1. If you run past the pair of pigs and then on past the four Shadows they'll all start fighting, which can really save you some time. Normally I wouldn't bother asking for help, but I'm tired enough of grinding for Blood Vials (terrible mechanic) to swallow my pride. I had the same problem too, my dodge would put me too far away. Face your fears as you search for answers in the ancient city of Yharnam, now cursed with a strange endemic illness spreading through the streets like wildfire. User Info: GreekGod88. Looks like you're using new Reddit on an old browser. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Went with a long reach weapon (transformed Ludwig holy blade), also took the habit to retreat when I staggered him because he tend to react really fast after the stagger, I beat him with 3x +20% visceral damage runes. I only die to it when he does that GODDAMN ORB ATTACK THAT HITS ME FROM 3 FEET AWAY! Kos Parasite . Use Blood Rapture and Oedon Writhe runes. Parry him when he drags his sack across the ground like Gasicogne and when he does the slow pull back for the double swing. I have tried so many times to get in some damage but I always get killed 5 seconds into the second phase. Once again, keep your distance but not too far, cause you'll have to get in range to attack. I can't offer you any solid advice about OoK's second phase; he's kind of designed to be the one boss in the game with no notable weaknesses. It would seem that I have completely forgotten how I beat this guy on my first playthrough. For the first stage, try to parry as much as possible to conserve your vials for second phase. report. I got him done by using the bone and just quick stepping like an idiot. I am having trouble with the orphan. He should land behind you facing away so you can get some hits in, You have to be aggressive not defensive. Is it possible to change your character's appearance ? Also depends on your build, I had the easiest time beating him with BOM. He can actually be parried in his second phase but I never managed to do it. I'm tired enough of grinding for Blood Vials (terrible mechanic). Be prepared for great leaps and long range attacks. You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. SOLUTION. Danger, death and madness lurk around every corner of this dark and horrific world, and you must discover its darkest secrets in order to survive. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Bloodborne is an Action RPG from renowned Japanese developer FromSoftware, makers of the critically acclaimed Dark Souls series. The longer the fight goes the more time he has to waste your vials and kill you. Log in or sign up to leave a comment Log In Sign Up. I was wondering how to beat him. He'll go right over your head if you walk towards him, which is another golden opportunity. You can look up the no-hit strategy that Faraaz uses in his no-hit run on YouTube, it’s the last boss he fights. I ended up switching to a weapon with a longer reach (two handed LHB) and that helped a lot in the second phase. He's probably the least fun boss in my opinion but after finally killing him all i have is respect haha. Oh if anyone wants to, I'm open to co-op (BL 84), but I can probably get by just with advice. My problem stems from the fact that I just can't seem to find any good openings to attack. Stay at range so you can avoid his parasite throwing attacks, but when he's running towards you, you can allow him to close the gap and let him use melee attacks. Just an additive to the previous video I made regarding the Orphan of Kos fight. Be aggressive, attack attack attack. Orphan of Kos phase 2 is bullshit. Dodge forward and to the left to get behind him. He's too mobile and aggressive so I just got a couple of hits in and then rolled for my life. jchill1 4 years ago #1. Cookies help us deliver our Services. Hugging his left is the place where you want to be. Thanks for the advice, I knew about the backstabs, but I hadn't thought to parry. Also, if you watch Lobos Barefist NG+7 game play, you'll see how he gets behind OoK very easily. Just keep at it - I know that's not what you want to hear, but good luck anyway. The 4-hit slam combo can be walked under easily (after three hits he'll jump over you for the fourth hit), which lets you backstab him. GreekGod88 4 years ago #2. by learning his attacks like you did in the first phase.