Add the zest and juice of 1 orange to the mixture and mix well. This looks so beautiful. Silly question perhaps, but do you eat the oranges too – rind and all? This is a beauty! The diplomat cream is ready. Thanks Dawn!! Since the citrus season is almost all-year-round, Pour about three tablespoons of the cream-like mixture in a separate bowl with the melted butter in and mix. Cut both blood and navel oranges into slices. I’m loving all the bright and sunny citrus too!! *Use whatever oranges you like; the amount you need will vary on the size of the orange, but you’ll need 3-4. It was super fun to make! Cool the cake layer in the pans for 10 min. They won’t! If you like this fruity bake you might also love these…, Quick Spelt Butternut Squash Cake by Fab Food 4 All, Cretan Orange Ice cream by Kitchen Talk and Travels, Orange Juice Cake by Little Sunny Kitchen, Little Orange & Lime Cakes from Brazil | Bolinhos de Laranja e Limão by Kavey Eats, Orange, Fennel and Avocado Salad – Celebrating Citrus! ***If the top of the cake is uneven, and rounded, use a serrated knife to even out the cake a bit before inverting it. Orange and Carrot Smoothie by Simply Sensational Food, Beetroot Juice with Orange and Ginger by Tin and Thyme, Follow me on instagram to see what other cakes I’ve been making recently. I just stocked up on oranges and grapefruits again this morning! Leave for a few minutes for the drizzle to sink in. Best served when it is still warm. Cut both blood and navel oranges into slices. Learn how your comment data is processed. My name is Sisley and I have been writing about food for 9 years through my own website and for publications and websites worldwide. But only for 2-3 days, and then I would move the cake to the refrigerator, if it makes it that long! Wish I could offer you a slice from here! Leave the cake in the tin until cool. This delicious no bake Terry's chocolate orange cheesecake is so easy to m... A creamy and rich Baileys and White Chocolate Cheesecake is the perfect tr... My Really Easy Owl Cake is so easy to make and so super cute too! I love lemon drizzle cake too and I keep thinking I need to make an orange drizzle cake for a change. I’m baaaack with MORE citrus! Thank you Marissa!! What a great taste and summer fresh flavours. I LOVE food! It’s an orange upside cake using 3 different oranges for 3 different colors! Super delicious orange upside down cake which taste so citrusy and so moist. Learn how your comment data is processed. Line a shallow 22cm spring-form cake tin with paper and grease it. I Loved they way this tasted but it took away from my beautiful colors on top. Thank you for stopping by! •Store in cool place but not in the fridge. After almost a whole day wasted at the airports the whole batch would be just fine for my son and me Thank you dear ! Sign up  to get a chance to win a KitchenAid® Hand Mixer. This cake is best served warm with a scoop of vanilla icecream. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or using a handheld electric mixer, beat the softened butter with both sugars, on medium-high, until light and fluffy, about 1 minute. The orange slices glisten on the cake after the drizzle is poured over. Place sugar, water and vanilla in a 2.5 liter, 20cm non-stick frying pan that is ovenproof, over a medium heat. I love cooking with my cast-iron skillet, whether it's to make a main dish or dessert. The bake time will be similar, but as always, be sure to check for readiness my using a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake! Dried orange slices are so easy to make and look fabulous. In a large mixing … In a medium saucepan, over medium heat add 1 cup of water and ¾ cup sugar. Layer in the blood orange … I used the juice of one orange for this cake and it gave a beautiful cake. Blueberry and Orange Waffles, cake, orange cake, Orange cake recipes, orange juice cake, orange upside down cake, Easy Christmas White Chocolate & Cranberry Cake. Place eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until thick, pale and bout tripled in volume, about 8-10 minutes. The cake is moist and slightly dense, with a light citrus flavor. Thank you sooo much Kelly! Stir until the sugar has dissolved in pan. Add the sifted flour to the main mix and gently mix with a, Cut the rest of the candied oranges in small pieces and add them to the cooled pastry cream and mix with the spatula. I’m sure yours will be gorgeous, as all of your desserts are. While I’m not a big New Year’s Resolution person, one thing I said to myself was that I need to eat more cake and chocolate (hah)! I really think using freshly squeezed orange juice with bits/ pulp adds something so much more tastier to this orange cake. Place a plate on the cake tin and turn it over to release the cake and show the orange slices on top. I adore this orange upside down cake. Orange upside down cake is so easy to make. It is a nice change. So, while this orange upside down cake does all the decorating for itself,  it’s still cake. I also love your tip about cutting the oranges; pretty sure I would have tried peeling them first too. Warm on a medium heat and keep stirring as the liquid turns into a syrup. Leave the cake in the tin until cool. If there is batter on the stick, bake for another 5 minutes. If you really want to add something else special to the cake then you can mix some blood orange juice with simple syrup to make a glaze for each piece. And I absolutely love orange desserts! This sounds so good and I can just imagine how good your kitchen smelled as it was baking! This easy orange upside down cake with fresh orange will be an afternoon tea classic and a family favourite recipe. Thanks Mary Ann! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. and pour all over the cooling sponge. I think we were all waiting for it to cook so we could get a slice. then while it’s still warm you add the juicy sugar and orange juice drizzle. Thank you so much Christie!! Add half of the dry ingredients, and mix together on low, slowly, for about 30 seconds. This French orange upside-down cake is called “Rosace à l’Orange”, which means “Rosette with orange” in English. It will be ready to eat! Modified: Aug 3, 2020 by John Kanell. Thinly slice the oranges and lay them in the bottle of the cake tin so they don’t overlap. I’m a massive fan of lemon drizzle cakes so I was intrigued to see if I could make it with oranges. Then add the cake mix over the top. Thanks Leanne! Add the orange slices and simmer … Don’t try to make a blood orange reduction, boiled orange juice just isn’t appetizing…. Please contact me for usage permission. Definitely a recipe to try. Yes you can. But seriously, cake is one of my favourite things and I deprive myself of it too much. Add the sifted dry ingredients alternately with the orange juice to the creamed mixture, beating well on low speed after each addition. Bake as normal. Orange upside down cake is so easy to make. Definitely!! Fresh orange cake is easy to make, quick bake and ready to serve once it’s cooled down a little. I can only imagine how yummy it tastes!! I love the slices of orange baked upside down, a perfect afternoon tea cake. You simply add a piece of greaseproof paper to the bottom of a cake tin.