Yes, you can store this chicken gnocchi soup in the freezer for a few months. An Olive Garden classic made right in your own kitchen! Ma says this one is a keeper! Depending on the potato gnocchi that you use, you may want to add it in at the end in step # 11. You can contact me here. Enjoy. Frozen spinach? They can measure out and pour in the ingredients on their own. It’s was the best one we have tried so far. This soup should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to. Hi Michelle! I never thought about doing this soup in an Instant Pot, what a great idea! So happy to hear it Gene! Truly appreciate it! Hi Kimberly! I promise, your cooking will taste ten times better. Since I got my Instant Pot, I have found how helpful it has become, especially for soup recipes. Have a wonderful holiday week! Chicken and Gnocchi Soup is the coziest way to warm up this season! Cream-based soups tend to separated after being frozen and reheated, but you can certainly freeze this, I personally don’t mind a slight change in consistency. Bon appetite. Required fields are marked *. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Grab the ingredients and give this savory soup a try! When it comes to the chicken you should use in this recipe, we recommend boneless, skinless chicken that’s been previously cooked and diced. My family loved the soup! This copycat Olive Garden soup recipe is so hearty and filling; you guys will love it. Milk can be used as a substitute for half and half in this recipe, however it won’t be as thick or as creamy. Our Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is a creamy and delicious Olive Garden copycat recipe that the entire family will love!. Get your favorite Olive Garden soup right in the comfort of your own home! Stir in the chicken broth and simmer until thickened. It was delicious! You can add more vegetables if you like, such as asparagus, zucchini, or peas. Don’t use frozen spinach to prevent it from becoming mushy. Add Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. This recipe begins sauteing the vegetables … I can’t wait to give this a try. Hi Michelle! This rich and creamy bowl of coziness is one of the most popular meals for entire families. Add the half-and-half gradually while constantly stirring, and simmer until it thickens. I am so happy that your family enjoyed the soup, that makes me so happy!!! Best of all you can make this copycat soup in under 30 minutes for a quick weeknight meal to serve up the family! Gnocchi is a dumpling that is most generally made with potatoes, you can buy other styles, but potato gnocchi is most popular. In a medium bowl whisk together cornstarch and half-and-half. Pour this mixture into the slow cooker. It’s filled with tender pieces of chicken, plenty of potato gnocchi dumplings, fresh carrots and spinach, all bathing in a creamy, delicious broth. Looking forward to trying more of your recipes. And thank you for the tips you shared as well! Then it comes the half-and-half and chicken broth. Place the 2 cups of baby spinach into the pot, and saute with the mixture until the leaves just begin to wilt. It won’t take you more than 30 minutes to make it, and it’ll warm your heart. Gradually stir in the half and half and bring it to a boil. ToS & Privacy Policy. Continue simmering until the soup is heated through. Gnocchi is a mashed and cooked potato that is mixed with flour to create a dough that is similar to the style of a dumpling. Add in 1 pound of potato gnocchi and stir well. I actually just made their Alfredo sauce the other day. This Instant Pot Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup is so amazingly delicious and easy to make. It’s hearty and filling, and super easy to make it at home. Thanks so much Paula, glad you enjoyed it and look forward to you trying others!Thanks for the review!!! Melt in your mouth flavor bombs is how I refer to these gnocchi. Can someone tell me how much chopped spinach they put in? Whenever you make homemade soup, I highly suggest using homemade chicken stock. Add the thyme, carrots, chicken, spinach, nutmeg, gnocchi, parsley, and salt. The Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup is the perfect way to end a long day. It’s on warm, but I had to try a spoonful & yum! Place chicken in the bottom of a large slow cooker (at least 6-quarts). Cook for 45-60 minutes, or until the soup is thickened and the gnocchi is cooked through. If you do buy frozen, toss them into the soup frozen, don’t allow them to thaw first, or they will become mushy in the soup. This was so delicious. Try this one from Simply Happy Foodie! It is DELICIOUS! This better than Olive Garden's chicken gnocchi soup recipe will become a family favorite. ; They are typically served as a main course similarly to how pasta would be served. Your email address will not be published. Directions call for 1 fresh spinach chopped. Since there is only “me” to cook for I always try to add extra vegetables so I will grow up to be big and strong. My taste buds find thyme to be quukcly overpowering so I used 1/2 tsp. This Instant Pot Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup makes me happier than you can imagine. Not just any soup, I crave the chicken gnocchi soup from Olive Garden. Add the thyme, carrots, spinach, chicken, and gnocchi, and simmer for another 5 minutes or under the gnocchi is cooked and the soup has thickened. In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and the olive oil. Sprinkle in the remaining Italian seasoning and some additional salt and pepper to taste. Will definitely keep in rotation. Plus, you can store the extra in your freezer and enjoy it later. Zuppa Toscana Olive Garden Copycat Instant Pot Soup, Ninja Foodi Recipes, Instant Pot and Air Fryer No Blogger Spam, 6 Boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into bite sized pieces, 2 c. Whole milk + 2 tbsp. Add the half-and-half gradually while constantly stirring, and simmer until it thickens. You may even find yourself adding a tad more chicken broth to obtain a thinner consistency. Yes, you can. How many will this recipe serve? It’s super easy and requires simple ingredients you can find everywhere. A perfect replica of the Olive Garden version! Plus you will have leftovers, that taste just as good as the first day. Not just any soup, I crave the chicken gnocchi soup from Olive Garden. I don’t want to ruin it . Season with salt and pepper and serve with freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Cook on low for 3 to 4 hours, and add the gnocchi in the last hour of cooking. To make your soup even richer, add some extra cream. Do you cook the gnocchi first before adding it? Let them help pour the ingredients into the slow cooker. Pour in the chicken thighs, and cook for an addition 3-4 minutes, stirring often. Add the chicken broth. Stir to combine the milk with the cooked soup, and cook for a few minutes until the soup has thickened to your desired texture. To find out more about how we price our recipes, check out. This thick & creamy Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is so easy to make at home and is filled with savory chicken, gnocchi, spinach, and a hint of garlic. Oh yeah! The Instant Pot helps give this gnocchi soup that low and slow-simmered taste, but you can make it in a hurry! This soup is filling enough it is the perfect soup to serve as a meal. Hi Nora, frozen spinach is fine! It’s almost too good, just like this soup. Required fields are marked *. Stir in chopped spinach, cover, and cook for 3 more minutes or until the spinach wilts. You can use small shells or other pasta instead of gnocchi. Use fresh spinach for best results. Be sure to try my Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup and my Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup next! Stir in the half-and-half and the spinach before serving. After 15 minutes, let it naturally release for 5 minutes, and then do a quick release. Add some more salt if you feel like the soup needs it before serving. posted by Stephanie on November 14, 2016 — 40 Comments », Subscribe now and get your FREE 7-Recipe Meal Plan (Complete with grocery list! You can use them for soups, and more. Thanks. As with most recipes with chicken in them, you shouldn’t leave this Gnocchi Soup out for longer than 2 hours. I think a serious thing for Olive Garden Copycat Recipes.I actually just made their Alfredo sauce the other day. But for most people the rule of thumb is 1/3 dried in place of fresh, so 1 tsp. I serve this up with a side of breadsticks or rolls, and my family enjoys every single drop. Hi, I’m Laura and having studied an MSc in Nutrition, becoming a professional chef and appearing on major publications with my recipes I decided to create a website of my own. Place the Instant Pot setting to Keep Warm, and serve the soup hot with your choice of fresh herb garnish. ⭐PRO Tip:⭐ If it doesn’t seem as though your soup is thick at first, it will definitely thicken more as it continues to simmer. Add the flour and stir for about one minute to form a roux. Gnocchi is absolutely delicious, and if you have never tried them you have to! I just heard her come thru the door! You can always add more but at least one cup! The only problem with soup is that I love it so much and it is sooooo filling. Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup. If I use gluten free all purpose flour would it work the same? Here are a few possible variations to consider when making your own Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup: What’s better than a warm bowl of soup? Add the remaining ingredients with the exception of the spinach, half-and-half, and gnocchi. We are a couple who always work hard but never aimed for or earned the big money. I used rotisserie chicken and added more than one cup, also added a little more spinach and carrots. Thanks again! This recipe may be even better than the original, and it’s so simple that anyone can make it. Place onion, celery, and garlic on top of the chicken. . Remember that you can always freeze leftover chicken carcass/meat and make chicken stock on a day when you have time! Join our Instant Vortex Plus Omni Air Fryer Group, How To Make Instant Pot Yogurt WITHOUT The Yogurt Button ». Thank you!! Cornstarch blended into it. Pour in the olive oil, onions, celery and carrots. Increase the heat to HIGH (if you previously had it on LOW). A warm bowl of Olive Garden chicken gnocchi soup. This soup is filling enough it is the perfect soup to serve as a meal. I’m a food enthusiast living in the United States, a wife and a mom to my two beautiful kids. For more information, you can find more about me. This soup recipe will become an instant family favorite for many! Stir in the chicken broth and simmer until thickened. 10. It is DELICIOUS! ….Looking for Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup? When the temperatures begin to drop, my heart yearns for soup. It’s a rich and creamy soup packed with chicken, potato gnocchi, and spinach. -Stephanie. Enjoy! I’m so happy that you enjoyed this soup and love the variations that you made! Supervise them while they prepare the entire recipe. Throw on something cozy and join me in the kitchen! Fresh gnocchi will give you a more fresh and flavorful soup. Some stores will carry these in the refrigerated section, freezer, and by dry pasta. Add the diced onion, celery, and minced garlic and heat until tender. Now the kids are grown & Ma and I rarely go out to eat…not at the fancy places, still can’t afford them, so I try my best to cook great meals at home. It is an excellent alternative to pasta found in many Italian dishes. Thank you so much for sharing that and for taking the time to rate and comment. Pour in 4 cups of chicken stock, stir to combine, and close the lid of the Instant Pot. Grab your bowls with your bread and dip and slurp till your tummy is nice and full! Can I use milk instead of half and half? Now that I can easily make Instant Pot Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup at home I can eat as much as I want. You’d first have to sauté the vegetables in butter before adding the flour and cooking it through. 11. A lot of people love Olive Garden and are trying to recreate many of their recipes, including their beloved Chicken Gnocchi soup. Stir to combine. I like the sauce to be thick and creamy and this means cooking it a little longer-but so worth it. This delicious chicken gnocchi soup recipe has 360 calories, 11 g protein, 32 g carbs, 22 g total fat, 12 g saturated fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 420 mg potassium, 695 mg sodium, 1 g sugar, 2 g fiber, 2.8 mg iron, 159 mg calcium, and 11.9 mg vitamin C. You can serve it with some breadsticks and salad.