Add … In a second medium saucepan, whisk the egg yolks with 3/4 cup of the sugar until thick and light. Add sugar and vanilla and beat into egg whites. https://www.food.com/recipe/old-fashioned-banana-pudding-32625 Spread over pudding and bake in 350 degree oven until browned. Bring to a simmer and cook until slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Ingredients 2 cups sugar, divided 1/2 cup all-purpose flour dash of salt 4 large eggs separated 3 cups milk 1/4 cup 1/2 stick butter 2 teaspoons … Pour over wafers and bananas. In a saucepan on top of the stove with a whisk mix together the sugar, salt, flour, egg yolks, regular and evaporated milk. - Averie Cooks Enjoy! Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously with whisk, about 7 or 8 minutes until thickens. Texture may … (I use about 50 wafers to make this pudding), Front Porch Life Magazine -Premium Content. Layer half of vanilla wafers in an 8-inch square baking dish. 1/2 cup sugar. Add sugar and vanilla and beat into egg whites. Top with half of banana slices and half … Spread over pudding and bake in 350 degree oven until browned. Vanilla wafers, (I use about 50 wafers to make this pudding). (I use 10 of the wafers to go around the side of the bowl just because I think it is pretty this way). In a 2 quart casserole dish layer the vanilla wafers and bananas. 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring. Old-Fashioned Banana Pudding Recipe (Homemade!) I almost hate to make this because I can make myself sick on it. (It will burn very easily so be sure to stir) Remove from stove and stir in vanilla flavoring. Beat egg whites on high until stiff and peaks form. Beat yolks in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Beat egg whites on high until stiff and peaks form. Spread over pudding and … A great way to use up bananas, too! (It will burn very easily so be sure to stir) Remove from stove and stir in vanilla flavoring. (I have just put it under the broiler until it browns that way, too). Add flour mixture alternately with milk and vanilla extract, stirring constantly. Heat the milk in a medium saucepan to a simmer over medium heat. 4 egg whites. Meringue for Pudding. We love anything with bananas and banana pudding is our favorite. Cook on medium heat, stirring continuously with whisk, about 7 or 8 minutes until thickens. Copyright © 2020 The Southern Lady Cooks | All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy, This post may contain affiliate links. In a medium bowl, slice bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice to keep them from turning black. Add sugar and vanilla and beat into egg whites. In a saucepan on top of the stove with a whisk mix together the sugar, salt, flour, egg yolks, regular and evaporated milk. In a medium bowl, slice bananas and sprinkle with lemon juice to keep them from turning black. (I have just put it under the broiler until it browns that way, too). Pour over wafers and bananas. (I use 10 of the wafers to go around the side of the bowl just because I think it is pretty this way). Ingredients 1 12 oz can evaporated milk 1 cup granulated sugar 1/2 cup all-purpose flour 1/8 tsp salt 6 large egg yolks reserve egg whites 2 1/3 cup half & half 2 Tbsp butter 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract 1 11 oz box vanilla wafers 4 medium bananas sliced Meringue: 6 … Beat egg whites on high until stiff and peaks form. In a 2 quart casserole dish layer the vanilla wafers and bananas. Stir in the flour and salt to make a smooth paste. Please read my. Cook, whisking constantly, until the mixture thickens and bubbles, about 12 minutes.