Here are some OkCupid profile examples for men to get your creative juices flowing: I’m a chef by day and actor by night with some time in between for beach bumming. Friends, family, and a cold glass of beer (anything craft) on the weekends are my anchor. For instance “My running shoes” = physically fit. Men have spent lifetimes trying to answer that one. ", New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast, Press J to jump to the feed. I hate self summaries but I would mostly describe myself through the use of several vague but positive adjectives. Men have spent lifetimes trying to answer that one. I think mine is pretty decent, but I've also heard that I sound intimidating. The rest of my profile has a reasonable amount of detail, we'll see how it works out. Getting out of the country at least once a year is important to me and a Ski trip is as good excuse as any! Conversely, I've read the profiles of some people that I know go out on a lot of dates and I don't think their writing is particularly strong. That’s me by day, anyway. So let's have a conversation first, see if we actually like each other. (Though I must admit, sometimes I cheat and just go some place warm)". I just started surfing about 3 years ago and it's been amazing to learn and meet so many people in the community. When you introduce yourself to someone else, your message will show up on your profile/ DoubleTake card along with the rest of your info. I'm not especially religious, and generally open minded and "try anything once"/"Live and let live" kind of personality. I just updated mine today. I love food, laughing, and good times on a level roughly equal to everything else with 26 chromosomes. There was a thread posted here a while ago of several r/okcupiders profiles as good examples but I can't find it right now. This is actually a better answer - the best self-summary is the one that attracts the person ideal for you. “My German Shepherd Ceri” = responsible enough to care for another living creature. Not sure whether to stick with it or not. The secret to an effective list in an online dating profile is simple: each entry needs to imply an attractive trait. Examples. OkCupid Profile Examples for Women. "Really good" is such a nebulous phrase, it's going to be hard to actually give you a real answer. Emojis can be interpreted in many different ways, so describing yourself with them in your OkCupid profile will lead to follow-up questions in your chat. There was a thread posted here a while ago of several r/okcupiders profiles as good examples but I can't find it right now. http://www.okcupid.com/profile/cosmotron5000v2. Search for games and look through the profiles - there are some exceptional ones. I am currently finishing my MBA. Gwen, 23 Things I am not , , , Richard, 28 Things I am not , , , ☕ OkCupid Profile “About Me” #6: Haiku I've been swimming as long as I can remember and I still make time for competitions when I can. Those who can't, advise. I love this city so it'll always be my home, just don't tell anyone I'm not a "Real" native. I have a giant dog, who is a floppy cuddly mess in general. However, on OkCupid (unlike other sites) you have the opportunity to send an introduction to someone before they've liked you. (a.k.a. I strive to be a polymath. I definitely take the "build relationship from a strong friendship" approach. I work with computers, and enjoy traveling, hiking/camping, scuba diving (I'm a certified Divemaster),board games, cooking (seriously, I cook a lot) and most anything creative. I tend to like mine, but it doesn't really get me dates. (Fair warning: I’m not a good dancer, just full of blind confidence.) OkCupid requires you enable Javascript in your browser. I was born in a place, grew up in a few other places, and now I live in this place! One of my biggest passions has always been the water. I like this one a lot: Who am I? If you can fit in some wit then do it. I strive to be a polymath. Here's a 10 second summary: I grew up in the midwest, arrived in [redacted] via NYC. "I am a fabulously well to do functional insomniac. My self-summary. This means when they first see you, they'll see your full profile and your introduction at the same time, which is a great way to pique their interest. Renaissance Man) I have 3 degrees, the most interesting of which is in Culinary Arts. I don't have a list of "You must be ". My self summary is a sentence long and represents the complex individual that I am. Here's a 10 second summary: I grew up in the midwest, arrived in [redacted] via NYC. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts, 33M/LA/Decorated Subreddit Hero: http://i.imgur.com/ugnxMQE.png, 45/F/Those who can, date. “Monthly Sunday dinners with my parents = family guy. While it'll never replace the beach, when it gets cold I try to get some skiing in, just not locally. I like mine ok. Just make it concise and accurate. Edit: don't even get me started on the quotes. There are at least 52,014 really bad ones out there. Me: Just your neighborhood A dog-loving, marathon running, accountant. And that's, well entirely subjective. Learn more Who am I? I would rather get to know you, and see what happens... As soon as I started seeing colons, ellipses and parentheses I was like "oh fuck no I'm not reading that" so I guess it is a good self summary for weeding all of us dumb, lazy people out. By nighttime I’m tearing up the dancefloor at your local disco club. Oh no! They just have other things going for them. At the very least, it's representative of who I am. "I was born in San Franisco but raised (mostly), right here.