Even if he had a great opener, it may be ignored. It will also give you the opportunity to quickly answer a new question, and see all of the profiles you have recently visited. Pretty ballsy of the new OKCupid to only show you a few random profiles a day, and distance being a deal breaker is now A-list You only showed me three profiles today and none of them were from my city. OkCupid’s Quick Match function is something you would want to use if you can make a quick decision about whether you’re interested in someone or not. This photo should be one of just you. It is better to talk about what you want and what you like than what you do not want and what you hate. Which brings us to this: Whatever you do – do not be negative. Each photo does not need to be all three things – but it needs to be at least one of the above. Remember, you can only see who has liked your profile while you’re online, or if you upgrade to the A-List. Thoughts and ideas of a dyslexic designer/developer. You can do so here. Help please. Once you select the photo, you can edit the thumbnail that will be visible. There are a couple of ways you can answer questions on OkCupid, and the first is to do so while updating your profile. If you click upload (or if you originally clicked the Add button from your profile) you'll be able to choose where the photo is: "Facebook", "My Computer", or "Instagram". Stand out – your user name should sum up who you are. Sometimes this is all about framing – frame what you are looking for in a way that does not make her roll her eyes. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. Now that we have your main photo out of the way, let’s talk about the other photos. These cookies do not store any personal information. A picture is worth a thousand words. On the website Go to the sidebar on the right side of the photo album page. This is a great place to show off your tattoos, pets, places you've traveled, etc. You immediately connect with a coach on text or over the phone in minutes. …his profile doesn't show it. At the top of the home page, you can also see 5 profile pictures of possible matches that OkCupid is featuring for you. OkCupid has 3.5M active members; this blog has had over 1M unique readers since July '09. Blue = No one has contacted them in a week You want it to be a good, clear picture of your face. save hide report. Please note that if you disregard our photo rules multiple times, it could result in your account being permanently banned. Please add these photos to your profile prompts instead! Green = Responds often. I'm not work for them but I'll give you my best guess : for no freaking reason. If you signed up with your Facebook or Google account, you can instead click Log In with Facebook or Log in With Google and follow the instructions to log in with the respective account. We love pet photos! Tap the ‘X’ and confirm to delete. Okcupid always be selling… They can take their incognito and stick it. Be polite about it. Also, passion looks good on everyone. From here, you can select from any of the four options on the left side to change My Account, Notifications & Apps, Privacy, or Subscriptions. Please note that at the moment the More Photos album is only visible to some people using the full/desktop version of OkCupid; it is not on the apps or mobile site, and it is being phased out. 4 articles What's new on OkCupid. From here, you can see the questions you have answered, and filter through them. You should not be doing the exact same activity in every photo. If you're considered an attractive woman on OkCupid, you will receive over 500 percent more messages than women who are considered less attractive. What I do at BBC R&D, explained in 2 videos, Public Service Internet monthly newsletter (Nov 2020), Uncomfortable Conversations with a Black Man and the police. On OKCupid, your first profile picture plays a large role in your first impression, but so does the rest of your profile. Fill that out. We are letting you know that we have removed one or more of your photos that were found to be in violation of these rules. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. Please send press requests to press@okcupid.com. On the app. The Best Relationship Advice For You: It's easy to change your profile location: On the web. OkCupid’s first and most popular “About me” prompt is “My self-summary”. To log out, click the icon of your profile picture in the top right corner, and select. Senior firestarter at BBC R&D, emergent technology expert and serial social geek event organiser. After selecting Profile from your profile picture icon drop down menu, select Questions at the top of your page. This is not an uncommon sight for men on OKCupid: And the worst part - there are many awesome, interesting guys who rarely get matches or responses. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. As long as the photo doesn’t break any other rules, feel free to upload it to one of your profile essays instead. 1. This will filter your matches by groups such as “Beard Lovers,” “World Travelers,” or “Hardcore Cuddlers.” There is also an Undo button to the left of the cycle of matches, in case you passed on someone too hastily. This icon always stays in place no matter where you navigate on OkCupid, so it is always easy to find! You can link your Instagram account to your OkCupid profile. There’s no way to rotate a photo once it’s uploaded to OkCupid, you'll have to reupload it. The first thing that she is going to notice about your profile is your main profile picture. What Is *Your* Best Profile Picture. Here at OkCupid we’re all about substance over selfie. This article was posted It allows you to see some basic information from another user’s profile, and you must instantly decide to “like” them or “pass.” To get started, select Quick Match from the top left corner of your menu bar from any page on OkCupid. We ask that you appear in your photos as you would in a normal public context. Women get tons of likes from men and are slammed with messages. Yellow = Responds selectively. Write about what you love and what you are passionate about. You are going to want to focus on the person and not her body. Even if he had a great opener, it may be ignored. Aim For Maximum Attractiveness In Your OkCupid Profile. Mind you, I still love OKCupid. To easily edit any aspect of your profile, click the green pencil icon beside any section of your profile. Red = Responds very selectively. If you’re uploading photos from the mobile website, you may experience a known issue in which some photos are being automatically rotated when they’re uploaded. on Thursday, May 6th, 2010 at 10:19 am. In order to see how they have answered a question, you must have answered the same question as well. They help you through complicated and difficult love situations like deciphering mixed signals, getting over a breakup, or anything else you're worried about. 2. Browse Matches is the main screen you would use in OkCupid to find your potential romantic partners. OkCupid’s photo rules are in place to make OkCupid enjoyable for everyone. I found my husband of 5 years on OKCupid, so I know they're out there! Because of that, we don’t allow sexy bedroom photos, underwear photos, nudity, erotic poses, etc. You can also click Answer to answer a new question. We are letting you know that we have removed one or more of your photos that were found to be in violation of these rules. Upload a couple pics and play around with it. Good luck finding romance! Worst thing is I can’t actually get a proper answer why the computer/algorithm says no. You can also click the box on the right to connect your OkCupid profile to your Instagram. Then click, You are now logged in, and viewing the OkCupid home page. In this article, we'll show you how to log in and out of OkCupid, its main six functions, and what makes OkCupid different from other online dating sites and apps. You want photos that show you doing the things that you love doing with the people that you care about. This menu shows people who have "liked” you by clicking on a yellow star while using any of the OkCupid functions such as Quick Match, Browse Matches, or simply by having viewed your profile. Negativity is not sexy and no one came here to read about how much you hate the world. To view your visitors, select the Visitors icon at the top right of your menu near your profile picture icon. OkCupid used to have a way to search by “username,” which made it relatively easy to look up someone’s frequently used moniker or screen/username. As a follow-up, we’ve made something that can generate a personalized analysis of anyone’s profile pictures, something that can make a “blog post” just for you. This will simply move you on to the next question. Tapping the plus sign on that page will give you the option of selecting a photo from your phone’s library, or taking a new photo right then and there! To upload a photo to your Photos of You album, go to  your profile, and click on the photo at the top of the page. It looks like I have heretofore undiscovered fan in the Philippines. Don’t worry about whether or not the reader is a fan of what you like. By default, you will see who has been visiting you. We’ll be sad if we have to delete your photos. OkCupid Search by Username to Find Someone. Probably a really stupid question, but I can't find the page to change the main pic. They need to show personality or evoke some emotion or else they'll be ignored after a quick glance. If you’re on the app or desktop website, the photo should upload exactly as it’s saved on your device. The photo contains inappropriate content