9 Like Dislike. Your email address will not be published. And if using applesauce causes any low FODMAPers to avoid this, using banana puree or even strawberry would work! But remember I work nights. I created these vegan muffins after my daughter was diagnosed with a food sensitivity to eggs. I replaced the buttermilk in her recipe with almond milk and a couple of teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and I replaced the egg with a flax egg. These vegan applesauce muffins are not gluten-free, but this link to the Minimalist Baker will help adjust it for those that want to give it a try. But she had this recipe for Oatmeal Banana Muffins that looked so good and was already pretty darn close to being vegan, that it didn’t take much to tweak it for all of us veg-heads that don’t live out on the range. I meant... Um, HELLO! Enjoy! I’m tryna get more veggies for breakfast. One thing I'm doing as a part of healing decades of being malnourished is incorporating more organ meat in my diet. Thank you so much! No questions asked. This is a keeper! Learn how your comment data is processed. ✨ do you lik, APPLE CRISP ❤️✨ for the apple lovers, or, is there anything better than a slice of warm corn, question: PUMPKIN or APPLE ?! Mix wet and dry ingredients together and add in chocolate chips if desired. From a FB post: This may be a dumb question but is flaxseeds and flaxseed meal the same? And I tried black strap molasses all I had. These rich paleo chocolate coconut donuts are an easy and fudgey delicious Paleo dessert that the whole fam will love! Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins . Need I say more?… This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie is a MUST-MAKE this autumn! You can use those little paper muffin cups so they won’t stick to your tin. It’s not like I don’t like breakfast, I do. All compacted into little bite-sized mounds of sweet yumminess. She was getting a lot of digestive upset and once we identified the food culprit her tummy felt so much better. Pour into prepared muffin tin (or use paper muffin cups) and bake for 15-18 minutes. These little muffins are completely vegan, with no added fat, butter, or oil – so are also 100% McDougall Friendly. Especially if there is chocolate and nut butter involved! But what is strange is the fact that if you’re familiar with Ms. Drummond or her blog at all you know….. she’s not exactly Vegan . Oh, and I completely forgot the banana. Oatmeal Applesauce Muffins Brand New Vegan apple cider vinegar, all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder and 12 more Gluten-Free Vegan Banana Applesauce Muffins … That’s what I did A cup and a half of whole wheat flour, happened to have organic. These little muffins are completely vegan, with no added fat, butter, or oil – so are also 100% McDougall Friendly. This recipe has been printed and is going in my “favorite recipe binder”! you know, breakfast foods. The base of the muffin is always the same and you can add in whatever ingredients you wish! Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and slowly pour in the liquid mixture. The material on this site is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Your email address will not be published. In one bowl mix oats, flour, ground flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon. She was getting a lot of digestive upset and once we identified the food culprit her tummy felt so much better. These Apple Oatmeal Muffins are naturally vegan and absolutely full of apple flavor from sautéed apples, apple cider, and applesauce! You can also add different spices such as; cinnamon, ginger or nutmeg, as well as vanilla or coconut. applesauce, pearsauce or mashed bananas. A bit of honey sweetens the recipe instead of refined white sugar. Whisk the vinegar and almond milk together in a separate bowl, Add in remaining wet ingredients and stir to combine. So for the “Flax Egg” in this recipe, simply take 1 tablespoon of Flax Seeds and grind them up in an old coffee grinder. That’s much better. I created these vegan muffins after my daughter was diagnosed with a food sensitivity to eggs. And you know, I got the inspiration for this recipe from the strangest of places. Who’s with me?! (Use oats labeled gluten-free for healthy gluten-free muffins.) } These are officially delicious! string(4) "3036" They are often used in baking recipes as an egg replacer and binder. Not stir it all up until there’s no dry stuff left. One thing I noticed going through my recipes the other day (and I’m sure you’ve noticed too) is that I don’t have many options for breakfast. You can use coconut sugar in place of the regular sugar if you want to make these a little healthier.