You got to decide what's worth keeping, and then set the rest of it on the curb for the garbage. What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal. Immortality is the only thing which doesn't tolerate being postponed. “I will tell my story, and my reader shall judge for me. Yet some there be that by due steps aspire to lay their just hands on that golden key that opes the palace of Eternity. We are immortal until our work on earth is done. BrainyQuote has been providing inspirational quotes since 2001 to our worldwide community. Trying to turn yourself human?”, “Do not let the mortality of a moment hold you back from living an eternity in that time.”, “Suicide is often a desperate solution to the problem of not knowing where, how, and when one is going to die.”, “learn the ways of immortality!.. Death consists, indeed, in a repeated process of unrobing, or unsheathing. The immortality of great art seems bound up with the inevitable loss of its original surface meaning and its rebirth in the spirit of every new age. Perhaps it cannot even be identified for what it is. He had dismissed that, later, as a morbid fantasy, and had not remembered it again until Alec.”. There is nothing better than oblivion… Immortality will come to such as are fit for it; and he who would be a great soul in the future must be a great soul now. “For him, I had done this-for him I'd gladly wrecked myself and my immortal soul. What is divine, terrible, and incomprehensible is to know oneself immortal. A man is a god in ruins. I really don't want to be associated with the low-brow Black Metal genre. Immortality is the glorious discovery of Christianity. And the darkness is immortal. Find that precious thing inside you that, “Good by-aye!" Real love is the love that sometimes arises after sensual pleasure: if it does, it is immortal; the other kind inevitably goes stale, for it lies in mere fantasy. and guess what?.. The thought of immortality is as well founded as any other well authenticated postulate of the human reason. Immortality alone could teach this mortal how to die. We are just as unborn as we are immortal. Immortality is a chancy thing; it cannot be promised or earned. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. Once in one's life, for one mortal moment, one must make a grab for immortality; if not, one has not lived. But, human lives in the heaven will be endless and there will be no boredom. It's so dumb I don't know what to say, really, and it's so ridiculous, we can barely tell the difference between the real stuff and the parodies. Change alone is eternal, perpetual, immortal. The trouble with addicts is that they carry bad memories around with them - like old luggage. Life Moment Must Grab. I just feel if I'm going to be alive, I want to be challenged - to be as immortal as possible. Sylvester Stallone. It has been said that the immortality of the soul is a grand peut-tre, but still it is a grand one. You Nature Look Dead. nothing is impossible.”, “If human lives were immortal on earth, then everything would be so boring like the mythical Tithonus. To desire immortality is to desire the eternal perpetuation of a great mistake. Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality. Immortality like this is about as useful as sunscreen on a submarine. Possibilities are endless. It's a little bit like being able to say anything you want to and getting away with it. It's the devil! Welcome back. We who are immortal, we are chained to this life by a chain of gold, and we dare not sever it for fear of what lies beyond the drop. Tis immortality to die aspiring, As if a man were taken quick to heaven. For my part, if the audience wanted to see Dracula again, I would be happy to reprise the role. “Shah Jahan built Taj Mahal for his wife, “You can kill the person, but not the idea behind the person.”, “Was there ever a teenage girl who felt anything less than immortal?”, I Vicdansaadet Speaking: No Rest Till The World is Lifted. Jorge Luis Borges. Believe in the immortality and everlasting effects of your goodness. If I err in belief that the souls of men are immortal, I gladly err, nor do I wish this error which gives me pleasure to be wrested from me while I live. If you want to know what I mean when I say that, just have a look at an Immortal video on YouTube or something. All men's souls are immortal, but the souls of the righteous are immortal and divine. It's fixed. There is a lust in man no charm can tame: Of loudly publishing his neighbor's shame: On eagles wings immortal scandals fly, while virtuous actions are born and die. That's where it belongs. That man has reached immortality who is disturbed by nothing material. Have you ever sensed that our soul is immortal and never dies? Immortality is the genius to move others long after you yourself have stopped moving. I'm not going to lie. The immortal part of man shakes off from itself, one after the other, its outer casings, and - as the snake from its skin, the butterfly from its chrysalis - emerges from one after another, passing into a higher state of consciousness. Or rather, I don’t want to be an immortal stuck in a mortal world anymore. Immortality is the negation of death. Where light exists, it is pure, blazing, fierce; but light exists almost nowhere, and the blackness itself is also pure and blazing and fierce. Speak of the devil!' Immortality is overrated, living for an eternity would get really old. Near the gates and within two cities there will be scourges the like of which was never seen: famine within plague, people put out by steel, crying to the great immortal God for relief. There is a wide, yawning black infinity. It is an immortal character that can appear anywhere because it lies beyond time. Immortality is here and now, and is not a speculative something beyond the grave. Hubert, a speech doesn't have to be eternal to be immortal. Each life makes its own immitation of … And in that luggage that's where they carry their blueprint for living. Immortality is the condition of a dead man who doesn't believe he is dead. Immortality is a ridiculous illusion, an empty word, a butterfly net chasing the wind. Immortality was overrated, as far as he was concerned. You write to become immortal, or because the piano happens to be open, or you've looked into a pair of beautiful eyes. There is something greater out there for me, but in order to get it I need someone to put an end to my life in this world.”, “Despite the illusions that I so readily embrace, whatever I hold can’t be held, for in time, time will steal it away. To become truly immortal, a work of art must escape all human limits: logic and common sense will only interfere. To desire immortality for the individual is really the same as wanting to perpetuate an error forever. Seek not, my soul, the life of the immortals; but enjoy to the full the resources that are within thy reach. "What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal." What did you imagine you were doing in those two rooms? Near of far, to each other linked are, that thou canst not stir a flower without troubling of a star. The essence of immorality is the tendency to make an exception of myself. He searched to find the oldest existing immortal simply to ask, What is the meaning of what we are? category for your enjoyment. I find that a bit disturbing, to be honest. Men are mortal; but ideas are immortal. In your twenties, you think you are immortal. Immortality no longer interests the weary old man at all. “Man leave the past in the past. But once these barriers are broken, it will enter the realms of childhood visions and dreams. Immortality without eternity is a rope with only one end. But the embodied spirit sees death on the horizon as soon as its day dawns. “When you can live forever what do you live for?”, “He remembered Tessa weeping in his arms in Paris, and thinking that he had never known the loss she felt, because he had never loved like she had, and that he was afraid that someday he would, and like Tessa he would lose his mortal love. “A little bit of Michael Jackson music everyday keeps me dancing ,smiling and inspired. Henrietta Lacks' cells are immortal. Hardy had enough problems as it was; living forever sounded like a death sentence for someone with his practical sensibilities. Everybody clings to it the stupidest, and dullest, and wickedest of human bipeds is still persuaded that he is immortal. Tis immortality to die aspiring, As if a man were taken quick to heaven. We do not usually speak about 'innatality' - about having not yet been born - yet this is something we would have to regard as the other aspect of the human soul. Personally, I would not care for immortality in the least. But I don’t want to be one anymore. Immortality is a belief grounded upon other men's sayings, that they knew it supernaturally; or that they knew those who knew them that knew others that knew it supernaturally. Love turns, with a little indulgence, to indifference or disgust; hatred alone is immortal. But I think it's more that when you're young, you're invincible, you're immortal - or at least you think you are. Badness you can get easily, in quantity; the road is smooth, and it lies close by, But in front of excellence the immortal gods have put sweat, and long and steep is the way to it. It is a lucid state of consciousness in which the sensations of the body, the varying and unrestful states of mind, and the circumstances and events of life are seen to be of a fleeting and therefore of an illusory character. The cows in Stella Gibbons's immortal 'Cold Comfort Farm' are named Graceless, Aimless, Feckless and Pointless, and that more or less is the verdict on 'Ocean's Kingdom,' the wildly hyped and wildly uninteresting collaboration between Peter Martins and Paul McCartney. The immortality of the soul is a matter which is of so great consequence to us and which touches us so profoundly that we must have lost all feeling to be indifferent about it. “For him, I had done this-for him I'd gladly wrecked myself and my immortal soul. And beauty immortal awakes from the tomb. The stars shall fade away, the sun himself Grow dim with age, and nature sink in years, But thou shalt flourish in immortal youth, Unhurt amidst the wars of elements, The wrecks of matter, and the crush of worlds. George Chapman. Yet some there be that by due steps aspire to lay their just hands on that golden key that opes the palace of Eternity. They are known as the HeLa cell line, and they have become deeply involved in all sorts of medical and genetic research - sometimes in the most unexpected ways. The whole theme of Interview with the Vampire was Louis's quest for meaning in a godless world. Immortality is the best recollection one leaves. Truth is a thing immortal and perpetual, and it gives to us a beauty that fades not away in time. Immortality is what nature possesses without effort and without anybody's assistance, and immortality is what the mortals must therefore try to achieve if they want to live up to the world into which they were born, to live up to the things which surround them and to whose company they are admitted for a short while. The disembodied spirit is immortal; there is nothing of it that can grow old or die. Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time. Yes, love indeed is light from heaven; A spark of that immortal fire with angels shared, by Allah given to lift from earth our low desire. Aim out of the ball park. Immortality is not a gift, Immortality is an achievement; And only those who strive mightily Shall possess it. And now I had an … Immortality is overrated, living for an eternity would get really old. In your thirties, you hope you are immortal. The only thing wrong with immortality is that it tends to go on forever. One has to pay dearly for immortality; one has to die several times while one is still alive. “. The only greatness for man is immortality. Explore 160 Immortal Quotes by authors including Lord Byron, Albert Pike, and Nostradamus at BrainyQuote. “. of sources. Then you get older and suddenly you have a history. Below you will find our collection of inspirational, wise, and humorous All things by immortal power.