For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. 1. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. 1Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters,a stay true to the Lord. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. Begin reading God's Word ad-free with instant access to your new online study library. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life. But in this letter, Paul wants us to know that he is the joy of our hearts in life and death, strong enough for the worst and best of circumstances. Paul’s Thanksgiving and Prayer Is it still enough? The brothers who are with me send you their greetings. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work. It allows the Scriptures to speak with fresh vitality.”, Menlo Park Presbyterian Menlo Park, California. 2 Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. 8And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work. Font Size. 2 Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. 5 Let everyone see that you are considerate in all you do. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. 10How I praise the Lord that you are concerned about me again. I have received full payment, and more. I love you and long to see you, dear friends, for you are my joy and the crown I receive for my work. Amen. 20Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! Jesus Christ, Paul says, is the savior of the world, and we desperately need him to be so. What would be enough for you in your life? I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. Remember, the Lord is coming soon.[c]. *4:23 Some manuscripts add Amen. It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! Wesley's Notes on the Bible. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 15As you know, you Philippians were the only ones who gave me financial help when I first brought you the Good News and then traveled on from Macedonia. 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. What was enough for you? I am able to do all things through him who strengthens me. Amen. I say it again—rejoice! 21Give my greetings to each of God’s holy people—all who belong to Christ Jesus. e Scripture Formatting. The “him” here is the man who got Paul into prison in the first place. 22 And all the rest of God’s people send you greetings, too, especially those in Caesar’s household. Think of your worst experience. O God, I beg two favors from you; let me have them before I die.First, help me never to tell a lie. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. I am well supplied, having received from Epaphroditus the gifts you sent, a fragrant offering, a sacrifice acceptable and pleasing to God. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise. Yet it was kind of you to share my trouble. Philippians 4:13-20 New Living Translation (NLT) 13 For I can do everything through Christ,[ a] who gives me strength. 4:13 I can do all things - Even fulfil all the will of God. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. 12 I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. 11Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have. 19And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. 9 Keep putting into practice all you learned and received from me—everything you heard from me and saw me doing. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. 19 And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. Extra Small Small Medium Large Additional Settings . I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. 18At the moment I have all I need—and more! “The NLT second edition was put together by a dream team of scholars and linguists and gives us a Bible that is thoroughly reliable and eminently readable.” —John Ortberg. New Living Translation (NLT). I can do all things through him who strengthens me. Menlo Park Presbyterian Menlo Park, California. 2Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. 6Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. 1 This letter is from Paul and Timothy, slaves of Christ Jesus. I know you have always been concerned for me, but you didn’t have the chance to help me. Philippians 4. The New Living Translation is an authoritative Bible translation, rendered faithfully into today’s English from the ancient texts by 90 leading Bible scholars. It manifests a particularly vigorous type of Christian living: (1) self-humbling ( 2:1-4 ); (2) pressing toward the goal ( 3:13-14 ); (3) lack of anxiety ( 4:6 ); (4) ability to do all things ( 4:13 ). 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Second, give me neither poverty nor riches! Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. 4 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, [] stay true to the Lord. Then the God of peace will be with you. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. 2 Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. Library . 4Always be full of joy in the Lord. NLT Large-Print Life Application Study Bible, Third Edition--genuine leather, brown (indexed), NLT One Year Premium Slimline Large Print Bible: 10th Anniversary - softcover, The Book of Psalms: Raw, Honest Poems Telling the Stories of Humans and the Desire to Know God, NLT. Scripture Formatting × Scripture Formatting. See a comparison chart of English Bible translations, each placed along a continuum from word-for-word to thought-for-thought to paraphrased. You can hear Paul’s joy as he writes this letter, so it might surprise you to know that Paul was writing from jail. Did it leave you contented? Do you know him? Give me just enough to satisfy my needs. Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. They are a sweet-smelling sacrifice that is acceptable and pleasing to God. They worked along with Clement and the rest of my co-workers, whose names are written in the Book of Life. 2 Now I appeal to Euodia and Syntyche. For when I am weak, then I am strong. Philippians 4:13 . 3 And I ask you, my true partner,[b] to help these two women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. 23May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit.e. Philippians 1 New Living Translation (NLT) Greetings from Paul. Your credit card won’t be charged until the trial period is over. 8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. 18 At the moment I have all I need—and more! Please, because you belong to the Lord, settle your disagreement. [ e] Upgrade to the best Bible Gateway experience! Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness. All rights reserved. NLT / Philippians / Philippians 4 / Philippians 4:13; Previous Book Previous Chapter Read the Full Chapter Next Chapter Next Book. Think of your best experience. Who Are the Translators of the New Living Translation. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. 7Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. 4 Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters,[a] stay true to the Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith—that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. 4Always be full of joy in the Lord. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 20Now all glory to God our Father forever and ever! People often read this verse thinking Paul was saying, “I can do absolutely anything I set my mind to do—possible or impossible—because God is on my side.” But in reality, as the old man writes from jail, speaking about physical needs that were met by his friends, he is expressing that the Jesus who saved him from sin can sustain him whether he is hungry or full, abounding or lacking. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. Apr 13, 2015 - This Pin was discovered by Bob Smerecki Illustrations. Philippians 4:1-23, NLT. 17I don’t say this because I want a gift from you. Then the God of peace will be with you. The Holy Bible, New Living Translation, is an authoritative Bible translation, rendered faithfully into today’s English from the ancient texts by 90 leading Bible scholars…, “The NLT second edition was put together by a dream team of scholars and linguists and gives us a Bible that is thoroughly reliable and eminently readable. 1Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters,*4:1 Greek brothers; also in 4:8. stay true to the Lord. I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. Whether rich or poor, hungry or well-fed, Jesus is enough. The brothers who are with me send you their greetings. 21Give my greetings to each of God’s holy people—all who belong to Christ Jesus. http://nlt.to/discoverthenlt/endorsements. 16Even when I was in Thessalonica you sent help more than once. No other church did this. The NLT is an excellent translation for serious Bible study because at every turn of the page the NLT provides illuminating renderings of passages that are difficult to understand in other versions. 17 I don’t say this because I want a gift from you. 18 At the moment I have all I need—and more! A Tender Exhortation 'Therefore, my brethren, dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.'--PHIL. Paul wrote this letter to a church in the Roman colony of Philippi during the first century. Rather, I want you to receive a reward for your kindness. All of the Bible scholars and stylists involved in the New Living Translation are Christians who accept the Bible as the inspired Word of God. 3 And I ask you, my true partner,[b] to help these two women, for they worked hard with me in telling others the Good News. I am generously supplied with the gifts you sent me with Epaphroditus. I have learned the secret of living in every situation, whether it is with a full stomach or empty, with plenty or little. 15 As you know, you Philippians were the only ones who gave me financial help when I first brought you the Good News and then traveled on from Macedonia.