Thanks for the pointer to the manual (and thanks to whomever uploaded it). Not so much about the angles to place the 4 antennas on the X-10. Take that in consideration when you change antenna origination . Application Nighthawk. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Please check this KB article and see if that helps. Please advise a solution or help to solve this problem. I am limited to placing the X-10 in the basement (unless I re-do the cat-5 wiring over 3 floors, which I am unable to do at this time). My guess someone read the post or they had some issue. I just tried it and it went through in seconds. Prodigy Mark as New ; Bookmark; Subscribe; Subscribe to RSS Feed; Permalink; Print; Email to a Friend; Report Inappropriate Content ‎2017-01-24 06:22 AM ‎2017-01-24 06:22 AM. R9000 X-10 in the basement: beat antennae orientat... Due to COVID-19 we are still experiencing unusually high call volume. Downloaded fine ..... 10sec and I saw the manual. Could just server was not full with connection and refused it. Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. It seems that the knob that you tighten to keep them fixed fails to tighten them. The manual says to position them straight up, but is this the optimum position? This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. The pattern of the antennas as according the manual has two outer at 45 degrees every home is different and what every adjustments to the placement as long works for you is fine. When I attached the three antennas they fail to stand in the upright position. R9000 X-10 in the basement: beat antennae orientation? the power light toggling means it's in AP Mode. Whats the best way to orient the 4 antennae on the X-10 so that the primary direction of the broadcast is in the vertical up direction? Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router. [Note: I am replacing my WRT1900 with the X-10]. Earlier it jumped to 6 and hung at last few bytes or bits. This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. Nighthawk WiFi Routers / Antennae orientation ... when antenna is vertical position so signal will spread horizontally well but in the other direction not so much. Thanks, It's not to be found on the Netgear web site (at least by me), and it's not part of the FCC documentation. The enhanced active antennas on your R9000 provide cleaner and stronger signals to and from your devices. Re: R9000 X-10 in the basement: beat antennae orientation? We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. L'application NETGEAR Nighthawk ® (anciennement application Up) facilite la configuration de votre routeur et vous permet de profiter pleinement de votre Wifi. Due to COVID-19 we are still experiencing unusually high call volume. Thanks Jimmy. Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router. It tells me about the best location (in the house) to place the X-10. We are continuing to monitor the situation to ensure that the best possible service is provided to our customers. Is there something like the following information about the X-10? Linksys antennae orientation (http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=138847). The FCC docs indicate that three antennas on one side work the 2.4 and 5.0 low band, and the three on the other side work the 5.0 high band. However, since they do not tighten sufficiently am I losing connectivity for signal strength??? Due to COVID-19 we are still experiencing unusually high call volume. I am limited to placing the X-10 in the basement (unless I re-do the cat-5 wiring over 3 floors, which I am unable to do at this time). This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. My setup is only one floor, but it's long (100+ feet) and narrow (15 feet), and the N8000 lives at one end of the long run, not in the middle. Taping them up shouldn't cause you any problems. Best approach is try move it until the desired result was achieved. Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router Message 1 of 4 Labels: Installation; 0 Kudos Reply ... to place the X-10. Model: R6900|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router Message 1 of 3 Labels: Troubleshooting; 0 Kudos Reply. Contents Chapter 1 Hardware Setup Unpack Your Router.....10 Front View.....11 Rear Panel.....13 Position Your Router.....14 Cable Your Router.....15 Turn the LEDs On or Off or Disable LED Blinking.....15 Turn the LEDs On or Off Using the LED On/Off Switch.....15 Disable or Enable LED Blinking or Turn Off LEDs.....16 Chapter 2 Connect to the Network … So, the devices it connects to (and does the beam-forming) are on 2 floors above the router. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one. However, if I’m on the first floor, directly below the R8000, I’m only getting 4 bars on my laptop. When I got my R7000 three years ago I remember reading a recommendation somewhere to set the middle antenna straight up and the outer antennas at 45 degrees between the upright and horizontal positions. For various reasons having to do with the wiring in the house, I have to locate the X-10 in the basement, with 2 floors of my house directly above it. In the mean while, anyone have any insight as to the best way to position the unit and the antennas? I'm trying to figure out how to position my R8000 antenna? Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. L'application vous permet d'installer votre routeur en quelques étapes : il suffit de connecter votre appareil mobile au réseau du routeur et l'application vous guidera pour la suite. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. In the mean while, anyone have any insight as to the best way to position the unit and the antennas? Because your Nighthawk X10 R9000 router has four enhanced active antennas, signal loss during transmission between the antenna and router board is reduced to zero. Highlighted. Not so much about the angles to place the 4 antennas on the X-10. We are continuing to monitor the situation to ensure that the best possible service is provided to our customers. NETGEAR has been notified regarding the missing User Manual, expect it to be posted in a day or so on the Support page for the R8000. I live in a two story house, and the R8000 is placed on the second floor. One of mine will not remain in place and I prop it up with a plastic cube. http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/R8000/R8000_UM_8Jul14.pdf. If I am standing next to the R8000, the strength is 5 bars on my laptop. I have done this and haven't had any problems with that configuration. I now use scothch tape to hold them in position. LeeH. http://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=138847. We are continuing to monitor the situation to ensure that the best possible service is provided to our customers. There are different ways to move the orientation of the antenna.