IEEE 802.11b, auto-sensing per device, Finally, you power up the device and then log into its Web-based management interface, using the username and password printed on the C3000. I have comcast blast 150Mbs download and 10Mbs Upload speed. https://www.pcmag.com/reviews/netgear-c3000-wifi-cable-modem-router. Works with cable Internet providers like Comcast XFINITY®, Time Warner Cable®, Cox, Cablevision & more (not compatible with Cable bundled voice services). C3000 Speed makes HD video better. Relive memories and share them with others. Doing this also increased my wifi speed … Speed makes all your devices really go. H‰\”Í�¢@…÷. Subscribe for Updates. When Xfinity pushed the button to "upgrade" my service, it actually slowed the service down to 30 Mbps. 2012 N300 Model C3000 equipment with capability wi... WiFi 6 Access Points and devices are the future of WiFi. How to Free Up Space on Your iPhone or iPad, How to Save Money on Your Cell Phone Bill, How to Find Free Tools to Optimize Your Small Business, How to Get Started With Project Management. Hearing that Xfinity had planned to upgrade internet speeds in our neighborhood, I purchased a Netgear C3000 wireless gateway about 3 months ago. We stream movies from youtube and disney. Fast Ethernet, You are already on the list. Customers believe they are buying a gateway that can handle 300 MBps speeds but are indeed, being duped. They suggested I call Netgear to get more information on my C3000 before I do. Relive memories and share them with others. Gigabit Ethernet, They simply guessed that my C3000 was not compatible with the new speeds and I would have to purchase or rent a new modem. Everything you need for a fast, connected home. Still, before purchasing any cable modem, check with your provider to make sure it's supported. * Equipment rental fees vary by service providers. Check availability at Walmart, Amazon, Best Buy and more, * Product and pricing data are sourced from third parties for informational purposes only. Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports for wired connections. Get the User Manual (at least). This 2-in-1 dual-band WiFi router and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds—up to 340 Mbps—faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers. "The ability to streamline bandwidth in such a way as to triple my download throughput, plus the easy setup, extras like the USB port, and good throughput for a single-band router, make the C3000 an excellent device.". User-friendly Genie management interface. I saw a significant increase in downstream bandwidth of my residential Time Warner Cable service when I swapped out my older Netgear CMD31T cable modem($70.00 at Amazon) for the new C3000. Significantly boosted downstream bandwidth in testing. Doing this also increased my wifi speed … NAT support, A new, well-designed cable modem can improve speed, however, because of advances in engineering. She has a Bachelor's degree from Brooklyn College, several technology certifications, and she was a tech editor for the CRN Test Center. IEEE 802.11g, Only first-time subscribers are eligible for this promotion. guest access, DLNA CERTIFIED, Peder. Play music on your DLNA game console. This 2-in-1 router and modem allows you to eliminate the need for two separate boxes cluttering your shelf. Get the new, faster speeds cable providers are offering without taking on their cable modem rental fees. As I read it, the C3000 includes a DOCSIS 3.0 modem (which I'd expectto be current enough), and a relatively lame wireless router.Connecting devices with Ethernet cables (adding a cheap network switch,if needed for more ports) might relieve the load on the lame wirelessside of the C3000. May be applied to all NETGEAR products, excluding services and Meural products. To ensure the speed gain, I tested another two times, and averaged the three results. Read. To answer the question many of you are no doubt asking, yes, you can buy your own cable modem. The front has buttons for Wi-Fi and WPS, as well as seven LEDs representing power, upstream traffic, downstream traffic, WAN, 2.4GHz Wi-Fi, wired status, and USB connection. COVID-19. Should you find any errors, please help us by reporting it, Discuss: NetGear C3000 WiFi Cable Modem Router. Of course, I tested the performance, and the results were solid. DoS attack prevention, Upstairs, downstairs, in the kitchen, in the office, even in the garage. Holiday Gift Guide 2020. The N300 is compatible with most major cable service providers. This product not compatible with cable bundled voice services. With an extensive, hands-on background in deploying and managing Microsoft Windows infrastructures and networking, she was included in Black Enterprise's "20 Black Women in Tech You Need to Follow on Twitter," and received the 2013 Small Business Influencer Top 100 Champions award. Even if your ISP is behind the curve, you'll probably be able to use it. This 2-in-1 WiFi router and DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem unleashes 8x faster download speeds—up to 340 Mbps—faster, smoother WiFi, and works with all major cable Internet providers. You may unsubscribe from the newsletters at any time. This device is also dead simple to set up. This product is backed by a NETGEAR limited 1-year Hardware Warranty. Comcast is saying this is … Your subscription has been confirmed. 90 days. Stateful Packet Inspection (SPI), Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS), With the N300 WiFi Cable Modem Router, sharing across your network is quick, easy, and perfectly designed for your media-rich world. According to the Netgear web site and specifications on the box of my C3000, my modem should be able to handle up to 300 MBps just fine. After which I was able to connect and configure a TP-Link TL-WR841N wifi router. IEEE 802.11n, This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. 24/7 basic technical support provided for 90 days from purchase date, when purchased from a NETGEAR authorized reseller. The display of third-party trademarks and trade names on this site does not necessarily indicate any affiliation or the endorsement of PCMag. I was pleased with the numbers, which are quite good for a 300N single-band router, as you can see from the throughput chart above. IEEE 802.11b, The C3000 worked great with this service. Again, I asked where I could find that information on any spec sheet and he said I would need to call my cable provider. It's also IPv6-compatible. Our expert industry analysis and practical solutions help you make better buying decisions and get more from technology.