Here is some guidance from a registered dietitian on foods and drinks that may help you feel just a little bit better if you get sick with COVID-19. Then I left it in the fridge overnight then put it in the slowcooker on low for 8 hours. Hot sauce also works. Please try again. It’s really delicious, especially topped with sour cream and chopped red onions. Moroccan red lentil soup is a warming and comforting lentil soup spiced with turmeric, paprika, cinnamon and coriander. Thank you so much for sharing, it’s definitely being added to my list of regulars. Add 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper and the turmeric, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, saffron, and bay leaf and cook 2 to 3 minutes to develop the flavor of the spices. Added some sweet neem leaves - very good. Easy to make, packed with protein and delicious! I'm Julia. Maybe you don’t know either if you don’t use it! I always use reduced sodium veg broth and then you can also reduce the salt you add . Add a little bit of water if needed, otherwise, serve and enjoy. Sorry for the delay but hope you enjoyed it . Return the blended half of the soup back to the pot and mix well. For an authentic morrocan taste, substitute "Rus Al Hanoot" for the Garam Marsala. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I actually mention that in the text. I made it more into a stew than a soup. Made it in the Instant Pot and it worked great. 2 quarts water. thanks, That’s great to hear! Which one would you recommend? Top each serving with a dollop of yogurt. Equally yummy.The lemon juice at the end is essential for both recipes. There is something about lentils that makes them such a perfect blend for most Moroccan dishes. I used it anyway. Puree half the soup in a food processor or blender. Here's why we should all lean in harder and embrace our comfort-food cravings. but i didn't add that to the soup just put his bowl of soup. These gave it more of an Ethiopian flavor. This can be made in under 30 minutes in an Instant Pot or on the stovetop and keeps well for midweek meals. It will cook down in about 30 seconds . Since you'll be heating it up, the coconut yogurt will melt into the soup, which will actually be so delicious! Offers may be subject to change without notice. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Moroccan Lentil Soup is a great addition to any meal and it is one of the most delicious soups around. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition I don’t recommend using spice blends such as, curry powder, garam masala as they will over power the delicate flavors of this dish. I used brown lentils instead of red, I used red kidney beans instead of cannellini (which is white kidney beans), and I diced my own carrots, tomatoes, and celery. Reduce heat and simmer, partially covered, stirring occasionally, until the lentils are tender but not mushy, 45 to 55 minutes. Moroccan Red Lentil Soup is a comforting soup recipe.