In a skillet over medium heat, season turkey with spices. https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/molletes-51138200 Place them under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to crisp up the bread and firm it up a bit. It's hard to top the bright and fresh flavors of this Mexican Mollette recipe from Milk Street. If you haven’t watched yet, you can binge Season 1 on Netflix just in time because Season 2 is currently airing Thursdays at 10/9c on USA. Molletes Mexicanos (Mexican Molletes) Recipe. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Making molletes is as easy as toasting some bread! Next, top with refried beans and cheese. They are easy to make and customize to your tastes, and that is what makes them a great appetizer for watch parties and other times when you get together with friends. Oaxaca, Mexico is home to the antojito (street food) known as the tlayuda, an oversized corn tortilla topped with black beans, cheese, meats, and a spate of other ingredients, then toasted on a grill. Hmm, I believe I certainly can eat these Mexican Molletes every morning. In Mexico, the bread of choice typically is soft-crumbed, thin-crusted rolls called bolillos that are split open before they’re topped. I topped it with a dollop of sour cream -- SO GOOD! This was super easy fast and everyone loved it. Most posts contain affiliate links. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. We will not share or rent your email address. They make a great breakfast, light lunch or midday snack. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or as a tasty snack. Watching this show made me realize that as women, we are all the Queen of something. It's hard to top the bright and fresh flavors of this Mexican Mollette recipe from Milk Street. Serve immediately. Molletes are not unlike Italian bruschetta, but the bread is topped with refried beans and cheese, then toasted until the cheese is melted and browned. Mexican Oaxaca cheese….if you cannot find, no worries, use monterey jack or mozzarella cheese. Ambition knows no bounds, nor does corruption in this political thriller. Enjoy! Because I add additional spices & some lime juice I didn't add additional toppings to bhe bolillos. Broil until the bread is golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Produced in Boston, shared with the world. Please try again later, or contact our Help Desk at wgbh.org/contact. Please check your inbox for a confirmation e-mail. So delicious and I'm super happy with this Borden recipe. My husband and I have had pretty good luck finding a wide variety of shows that we love, but it is always great to find something new that can catch your attention. Your email address is required to identify your giveaway entry as well as communications from Milk Street. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Slice bread lengthwise and remove some of the inside of the bread to make room for toppings. Now I honestly can have these anytime. For variations of this recipe, (Chocolate Molletes, Pink Molletes, Red Molletes, and Yellow Molletes), see below. Back at the kitchen, Milk Street Cook Catherine Smart draws from the flavors of Oaxaca to make Green Enchiladas with Chicken and Cheese (Enchiladas Verdes), and Milk Street Cook Bianca Borges shows us how to make Oaxacan-style Molletes with Pico de Gallo using ingredients easily found in the USA. If using refried beans, spread on the bread. And when I make these, it’s just the perfect opportunity to make the delicious spicy sauce that I like to have my Molletes Mexicanos with. For the refried beans I used my own "hack" with canned refried beans--it's super quick and tastes like homemade refried beans from scratch. It's great AS IS. I'm Cathy! These Molletes Mexicanos (Mexican Molletes) are perfect anytime, breakfast, lunch or dinner! Serve with pico de gallo, sliced avocado (if using) and pickled jalapeños (if using). You can unsubscribe from receiving our emails at any time. You can unsubscribe from receiving our emails at any time. Mix thoroughly. Serves 2-4 (depending on appetite) . These are so easy and so simple to make. Broil until the cheese is melted and begins to brown, four to six minutes. No, they’re actually delicious! ENTER FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN THIS MONTH’S, MILO 3.5-QUART DUTCH OVEN, 5.5-QUART DUTCH OVEN AND 10-INCH SKILLET, Lidia's Family Table: The Life and Times of Lidia Bastianich, Free Milk Street recipes delivered to your inbox each Monday. Your email address will not be published. Made with crusty bread, ground turkey, (chicken, beef or pork) oaxaca cheese, pico de gallo and topped with chile arbol salsa. Plus free Milk Street recipes delivered to your inbox each Monday and access to every TV recipe. That is what recently happened when I discovered the USA Network series “Queen of the South” on Netflix. Bake in preheated oven until the cheese is melted and bubbly and the bread is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes. Followed by the ground turkey. Later in the market, he tastes Molletes, a delicious open-faced sandwich served on thick-cut bread with refried beans and melted cheese. I don’t make them that often, but when I do they are definitely a hit! You will also receive special offers from Milk Street. This Post Is Sponsored By Queen of the South and USA Network. We couldn't do it without you. Next, top with refried beans and cheese. Remove from the broiler. We opted for ½-inch-thick slices of supermarket bakery bread with a soft crumb; look for a loaf that measures about 10 by 5 inches and weighs about 1 pound. Cook the chorizo and add some to each slice of bolillo, Top with the cheese and melt in the microwave for thirty seconds, Remove and top with pico de gallo and crema, Molletes Recipe – Perfect For Watch Parties And More, Tomato, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, and lime. Pico de gallo (fresh tomato salsa) adds color and fresh flavor to the molletes, so we consider it a necessary embellishment; sliced avocado and pickled jalapeños are delicious but optional. Remove some of the bread from the middle of bread halves to accommodate more toppings. Pico de gallo (see recipe on next page) to serve; Sliced avocado, to serve (optional) Pickled sliced jalapeños, to serve (optional) INSTRUCTIONS. 4 bolillo rolls, sliced in half lengthwise, 1 (7 ounce) package Borden® Southwestern Cheddar & Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese, Mexican salsa or pico de gallo, for serving. Required fields are marked *. Plus free Milk Street recipes delivered to your inbox each Monday and access to every TV recipe. The cheese really does make a difference. For variations of this recipe, (Chocolate Molletes, Pink Molletes, Red Molletes, and Yellow Molletes), see below. Spread 1/4 cup bean puree on each slice, then top each with some of the cheese (about five tablespoons each), dividing it evenly. Perfect for breakfast, lunch, or as a tasty snack. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and cool for five minutes. Flip each slice once again. Black Bean Molletes. Use 6 inch crusty baguettes…. Taquitos with Avocado Cilantro Cream Sauce, Your email address will not be published. Slice the bolillos and toast over the stove or in the toaster. Flip each side once again. Cookware startup Milo by Kana's enameled cast iron is high quality and more affordable than most brands. Definitely a perfect start to a day with these hearty babies. You can unsubscribe from receiving our emails at any time. I added some delicious chorizo, melted cheese, and pico de gallo to give it some amazing flavor. Taste and season with salt. Flip each slice and broil until the second sides are golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Get access to mouth-watering recipes that'll make you feel like a pro in the kitchen, profiles of neighborhoods and restaurants to inspire your culinary adventures in Boston and beyond, and exclusive pieces: these articles won't show up on WGBH.org/food, just in your inbox. If not, continue to next step. 699 calories; protein 28g 56% DV; carbohydrates 85.3g 28% DV; fat 26.1g 40% DV; cholesterol 77.1mg 26% DV; sodium 1022.5mg 41% DV. Main Dishes Mexican Food Recipes Recipes Snacks. I loved them! Transfer the baking sheet to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Thank you for the recipe. You can unsubscribe from receiving our emails at any time. TRY 12 WEEKS OF MILK STREET IN BOTH PRINT AND DIGITAL FOR JUST $1. I was so excited to watch the season 2 premiere, that I decided to be the Queen of Cooking and cook up some good watch party appetizers and snacks. I hope you like them as much as we do. 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro Pico de gallo (recipe below), to serve, Pickled sliced jalapeños, to serve (optional), 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped, 1/4 small red onion, finely chopped (about 3 tablespoons), 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro, chopped, 1/2 jalapeño chili, stemmed, seeded and minced. How to Make Molletes. Pico de gallo adds color and fresh flavor; sliced avocado and pickled jalapeños are also delicious toppers. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Broil until the bread is golden brown, three to five minutes. Pour the milk mixture into a saucepan and heat while constantly stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Arts This Week: Robert Frank, Wampanoag Art, And A Photographic History Of Men In Love. Amy Traverso, Senior Food Editor at Yankee Magazine and co-host of GBH's Weekends with Yankee, makes Julia Child's Quiche Lorraine from her home kitchen. Heat the broiler with a rack about 6 inches from the element. Your email address will not be published. Mexican molletes are not unlike Italian bruschetta, but the bread is topped with mashed beans and cheese, then toasted until the cheese is melted and browned. Living with 4 boys has me feeling like a queen most of the time and I love it. Molletes make a great lunch or dinner, add a salad and milk or agua fresca and you are set. The New Milk Street Cookbook | Order + Save 40%! Oh heaven!! Season with salt and pepper. Pico de gallo adds color and fresh flavor; sliced avocado and pickled jalapeños are also delicious toppers. Among the most popular sweet breads, molletes get their characteristic scalloped design from a tool called a dulce marker. The storyline is so engaging and I got hooked right away! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Excellent comfort food! Blend until smooth with a one cup of water. This show is about a Mexican woman that was forced to flee to the United States and becomes very powerful in the process. Congrats! Made with crusty bread, ground turkey, (chicken, beef or pork) oaxaca cheese, pico de gallo and topped with chile arbol salsa. I was able to watch the entire first season on Netflix in a short period of time and was so excited for the premiere of season 2 last week. Mexican Molletes make a great lunch or dinner, add a salad and milk or agua fresca and you are set. Copyright © 2020 Mexican Appetizers and More. Chop onion, tomatoes, jalapeño and cilantro.