This one!! The verdict? We know making Roast Beef may seem intimidating, but when you use a Crock Pot and follow our straightforward recipe, you'll have a delicious roast on your table in no time! Next time, I will add sautéed mushrooms to the already-done vegetables. Thanks for sharing, Nichole! My house smells like Fall and this pot roast is amazing! . my husband and i are preparing this roast recipe as we speak! I always find cool new stuff to try everyday and am so grateful I found KetoCustomPlan. Thank you for another keeper – your recipes never disappoint, Chungah! Himalayan Pink salt. It already smells heavenly. Pot roast tend to turn out best if they start out partially in the liquid. window.adthrive.siteAds.targeting.push( {key: 'at_custom_1', value: 'myxx_off'} ); Sliced, only. Thanks for all the great recipes you post – you are one of my favorite sites! Made this today and it was very good.Will make it again and try some of your other recipes.Thank you. It will be bedtime before it’s done. It tasted great! I used a gravy separator to help get the fat separated from the sauce. Yes, absolutely, but I find that this is truly best when cooked low and slow for 7-8 hours. I didn’t have all the ingredients for my usual recipe and chose to make this instead on the fly. The beef is sitting on top of veggies, hardly any broth touching it, is this correct? Mike, you even pre seared the beef, as well? My husband, who doesn’t really like roast but agreed I could make it, actually said it was tasty and satisfying. My 2.5 lb roast was fork tender in about 6.5 hours. Damn delicious for sure! My roast is 2.25 lbs. Turned out great. window.adthrive.cmd.push(function() { I have two 7 quart slow cookers. Fingers crossed you see this before tomorrow! Too full right now, but can’t wait to have the leftovers again! If adding potatoes, wait until the last 5-6 hours to toss them in, or they will get overcooked. Easy, simple and delicious! I also added a bit of oregano and cumin to the seasoning of the meat before searing it. I wouldn’t guess/eyeball for something this specific. Cover and cook on high, 5 hours, or low, 8 hours. It was great. I browned the roast on my gas grill (try it; it’s easy and one less skillet to clean) with a little baking soda rubbed in to promote the Maillard reaction and gave it a generous splash of balsamic vinegar once in the crock pot. This was AMAZING and everyone liked it. If the meat is still a little frozen (not recommended), high works … Do I have to half the recipe? Anyway, after discovering it was well done and not tender, I turned it to warm and also took the potatoes out. Is that cut suitable for this recipe? I also prefer less of a tomato base so I cut back on the paste but did include some which added to the flavor profile of the amazing gravy. Absolutely the best Pot Roast recipe I have found. I’ve tried many pot roast recipes… MANY, this will be my one and only! Once the slow cooker pot roast is cooked through, use the juices from the meat to make the gravy. The onions were crunchy and the potatoes were still so hard that they were difficult to cut. we love one pot meals x. Strain cooking juices through a fine-mesh sieve into a small saucepan over medium heat; discard solids. Enjoy! I will definitely make it again. I’ve never been known for my cooking skills but I wanted to have a few friends over for dinner and I followed this recipe. Skim any remaining fat from surface and discard. Not if you’re French (like I am). These, Optional: 3-4 medium russet potatoes, peeled and cut to bite size, to be added during last half of cooking time. Thanks for sharing! Beef Recipes Dinner Recipes Holiday Recipes Main Course Meat & Seafood Most Popular Recipe Slow Cooker Recipes, Your email address will not be published. It surely fills you up and is one of the best comfort food dishes! Not to mention, all the tender potatoes, carrots and celery that soak up all that flavor. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, whisking constantly, until desired thickness, about 5-10 minutes. It may be hard to choose between apple pie and des, It feels like a comfort dish type of day. Rating… Yes, make sure to let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before slicing it to allow the juices to soak in. chicscript.src = '//mini.myxxrecipes.com/api/lp/launchpad.js'; window.adthrive = window.adthrive || {}; I’m doing a 2.5 lb roast, what is your recommended cooking time on that weight for medium rare to medium center? Gave 5 stars for the simplicity of the recipe. I didn’t use the Worcestershire sauce and it didn’t make an ounce of a difference. Can I just take the lid off periodically and stick a thermometer into the meat ? Thank you for sharing!! Just a thought for all you Chicago locals! I made one change, I have a ton of tomatoes leftover from my garden, so I diced one versus using tomato paste. I substituted ketchup for tomato paste. Just got it in the slow cooker. And how long should I cook this if it is high? Do you think I got a bad cut of meat. This makes it easy as we do use some of the fat to make the gravy. What a terrific recipe! I usually use the regular. But sometimes you just need a classic comfort food dish that brings you back home. The only thing I added was I lined the crockpot with sliced onions. Pure deliciousness. Had everything except the thyme and bay leaf. I prepared everything before going to work so it would be ready when I got home. Hope that helps! Check out another favorite pot roast recipe that can be made in the slow cooker or the Instant Pot – Mississippi Pot Roast, 4 large russet potatoes, cut in large chunks. Hope that answers your question, Evelyn! Depending on how thick your cut of beef is you have to know by temperature when it is done. I ended up boiling the veggies in the liquid wot some added beef stock, but the dinner was pretty much ruined. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. 8 hours on low was perfect! Thank you! Best ever! OPTION: Add Carrots, Onions, and Potatoes the last couple of hours if … First time using a slow cooker and wont be the last. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Some comments said their roast was tough. We enjoyed this recipe. The beef was perfectly tender and moist and just so tasty. We shall see how it goes! So if you’re using a pretty new one, you might try either decreasing the cook time or using the warm setting. I don’t like using the pre-made packets of slow cooker mix, so this recipe is all natural, all homemade, and simple–not to mention better in taste and flavor. I’ve made this twice now and each time it has been the most perfect beef I’ve ever cooked! Sauce was tasty, but after 7 1/2 hours on low? Put Roast Beef into Slow Cooker. Great recipe. This recipe was a 2nd attempt at slow cooked meat, and it was amazing! It felt so meant to be that I would come across a recipe for one of the sandwiches on my long list. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper and place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours, or until meat is fork-tender. The secret is the sauce , I’ve not taken it out and thickened it like this before, so good! The crockpot is not only conveniently hands-off, but it yields the most moist roast beef (not just chicken). I made this yesterday but added an extra 1/2 cup of broth and an extra 1/4 cup of wine. Hi! Serve beef, potatoes, carrots, celery and onion with juices immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired. I omitted the bay leaf and celery because we don’t like them, but otherwise made the recipe as written. You are my first and only recipe go to! Surround your roast with potatoes, onions, carrots, and herbs. Could you put all the ingredients together, and pre cook the beef, put the crockpot insert in the fridge and then pop it in the crockpot the next morning to cook? Made this tonight and will absolutely make it again – and I don’t normally even like slow cooker pot roast! I skewered the onions (kabob/like) as he doesn’t like onions, which worked out wonderfully! Put it back for another 2 hours!? This recipe is extremely versatile. I would recommend sticking with around the same cut or thickness and start with that timing for cook time. Place in crock ribs down. The veggies were super flavorful. There is no need to brown the meat ahead of time. Thank for the simple recipe. Learned that the InstaPot slow cooker does not cook like a real slow cooker Cooked the recipe 8+ hours in the IP but even the veggies weren’t done. *Note: I use 5 of the small, perfectly cubed bouillon cubes (similar to a dice.) But my husband asked for it, so I found this recipe. Also, would brisket work instead of boneless chuck roast? And the sauce was perfect, too, so again, thank you. 5. Also, it may seem like a lot of Worcestershire sauce but we promise that it lends a deep, rich umami flavor to the roast that will make a huge difference. Am I the only one who couldn’t fit the beef on top of everything else? Skim fat from cooking juices reserving ½ cup of the fat. My. It was sort of salvageable but only because of the veggies and gravy. Using a standard meat thermometer or a slow cooker with a thermometer probe, cook to 135 (medium rare) or 140 (medium) degrees. Show me what you made on Instagram or Facebook and tag me at @DinnerthenDessert or hashtag it at #dinnerthendessert. The timing is a guideline on this one and the steps are for the method. Enjoy! I guess next time, I’d do it on the warm setting. I have since made it a few times… Thank-you! In a large slow cooker, place roast beef. 8. Thank you so much for your feedback, Mike! Will be sharing this recipe for sure! }); Emily, are you reviewing the recipe, or spamming and promoting the keto custom program??? It is so simple and tastes like my Mother’s recipe! All the prep the night before, including the liquid mix, all in the fridge. Place cut-up vegetables into slow cooker. Followed the recipe to a T and was not disappointed. Skim fat from cooking juices reserving ½ cup of the fat. Best beef roast receipe I’ve ever had! document.head.appendChild(chicscript); I am concerned about the tomato paste comment because mine isn’t as brown, but we’ll see! Strain cooking juices in a bowl, and place vegetables back in slow cooker and cover. I did not strain the juices. However, after only 3.5, mine was well done and not tender at all. . In a 6-qt.