You will also receive the tools and training to teach these techniques to anyone around you, including students and children. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account. I have borrowed the book, and don't feel I can keep it for 8 weeks, so I have not tried to work through the course, I just read through the book. Having struggled to fit in a 10 minute meditation the last two days I think that the committment that you would have to give is huge, but I can also imagine that the rewards would be great. Yes, it is a book of psychology, may be spirituality, everything. A really good book about Mindfulness! Any tips on good meditation books or guides to follow this up with? You are never left on your own! “I like mindfulness because it helps me feel better and teaches me to concentrate.”, “When my sister gets on my nerves, I tell her to leave me alone so I can take a deep breath. 8 weeks of detailed lesson plans that complies with the curriculum and has been tested extensively in primary and secondary schools and can be easily adjusted to other age groups and adults. In this module you will learn, as the teacher/guide, how to use language, your voice, authority and authenticity to create an environment, where a deep trust between participants naturally arises and a sense of freedom and safety also. There are also regular members only webinars where we cover certain topics and aspects of the training and where you are invited to ask questions and give feedback. Mindfulness: An Eight-Week Plan for Finding Peace in a Frantic World, Learning To Trust Yourself Again After Betrayal, Many Seniors with Depression Faring Well During Pandemic. I have to give this book at least a little credit for trying to relax a person living in a chaotic world. who trained with Jon Kabat-Zinn. I have borrowed the book, and don't feel I can keep it for 8 weeks, so I have not tried to work through the course, I just read through the book. Did that affect the overall benefits of the plan? When Williams and Penman enter the breakdown of their eight-week program, they remind us again of the “countless philosophers” have traveled down this same path and offer some guidance to help readers maneuver through the steps of MBCT. Spend $49 on print products and get FREE shipping at HC.com. Time Travel with These 15 YA Historical Fiction Novels. It must not miss in a library! Stylized anecdotes peppered through out, without any pretension as to cite any actual patient history. If you choose to skip, you will find a small chapter that introduces the program and explains the rhythm of it, then each week in the eight-week program has its own chapter. I picked up this book to learn about Mindfulness, but lo and behold I am learning about other equally important issues as well. It was very readable and the mindfulness meditations were easy to follow. Neuroscience and how the Mindfulness process works is also covered in a live webinar where you can ask questions and give feedback. It was a good straight forward book-a chance of pace. They explain that each week will have two parts to it: a meditation exercise and “Habit Breakers,” which are meant to free readers from their everyday, cyclical thinking. We all do that. September 11th 2014 When you register you are automatically signed up as a member of the course forum. The lesson plans can be adapted for adult groups also, designed to raise all participants awareness of our relationship to our thoughts, feeling, others, the earth and recognising the emergence of the qualities of kindness, empathy and compassion over the 8 week period.The lessons build over the 8 weeks to week-by-week develop a deeper understanding of why mindfulness is such a wonderful, effective, self-regulating strategy.