Read More Our live mindfulness coaching sessions reduce test anxiety and academic stress, Improve your composure and focus with proven progressive relaxation techniques, Our program helps increase test scores, raise your GPA, and boost your confidence, Curious about a complementary consultation? I ask students to notice their leaving for a second and then return to the test in front of them and their thinking within the test. Mindfulness is when we are intentionally paying so much attention to something that we become part of it. Notice them, as if you were saying hi to them, and then send them away as if you were releasing the words or images in a balloon filled with helium. I wanted my students to lose themselves in the test. Like anything else that is worthwhile, it takes commitment and practice. Top Mindfulness Test Busting Tips: Mindfulness practiced should be taught, practiced and used BEFORE the week of the test. info@MindfulTestTaking.com - Privacy Policy, Tutors see more confidence and higher test scores from their students, College counselors can help students gain admission into stronger universities, Therapists benefit when their clients adopt a daily mindfulness practice, The American Test Anxieties Association reports 33% of students suffer from moderate to acute test anxiety, Mindful Test Taking’s coaching program helps students reduce test anxiety before test day even arrives, To date, approximately 90% of MTT’s students report feeling calmer during tests, Students learn the core secret of mindfulness (called “progressive relaxation”) to improve focus, Founder John Neville has experience with academic pressure, having studied math at Stanford and economics at Oxford, Our initial 15-minute consultation is free and our introductory session is available for $150, Receiving test scores that are lower than homework, quiz, or practice test scores, Feeling short of breath, having sweaty palms, or chronically fidgeting during tests, Dreading tests or impatiently rushing to get through them, Becoming easily distracted by surrounding noise and activity, Saying or believing: “I am just not a good test taker.”, Missing easy questions or making careless errors that seem obvious afterwards, Having trouble recovering and moving on from hard questions, Feeling rushed, panicked, or pressed for time during exams. I have had students tell me that when they are playing their instrument in band, the same thing happens to them. You can follow his latest thinking at Levine Writes. As we sit down to take the test, we must commit to working toward mindfulness. Getting lost in a test. When my students reach the point that they are intentional about using mindfulness in their work and are seeing it as a natural part of their learning strategies, I know that they have owned the use of mindfulness and that this will be part of who they are as learners from this point forward. Choose the area of the site you want to search: Mark Levine is a social studies teacher at John J. Lukancic Middle School in Romeoville, Illinois. Referring your students to MTT could dramatically reduce their academic stress. Mindful Test Taking offers individual & group coaching to clear stress related to academic tests. I signed up for coaching sessions with MTT, felt calmer during the test, and raised my GMAT score by 120 points out of 800! When we lose ourselves in something, we have a very narrow focus. This site uses cookies to provide an optimal user experience. Professionals in health and education love sending students to MTT: Motivating a student to try a new service like mindfulness coaching requires an inspiring delivery. Two teachers are disappointed in student assessment results, but they have very different approaches to tackling the problem. Do you come across students who suffer from test anxiety? Interested in a session? How do we deal with the stray thoughts? Heather Rader shares her role as a mentor in assisting her colleagues. I have found that one of the most important things to do while practicing mindfulness with regular class work is to have reflective conversations. Mindful Test Taking’s coaching program helps students reduce test anxiety before test day even arrives To date, approximately 90% of MTT’s students report feeling calmer during tests Students learn the core secret of mindfulness (called “progressive relaxation”) to improve focus Mary Lee Hahn finds 15 minutes of writing on Friday builds fluency and confidence in her fifth-grade students, and gives her a wealth of formative assessment data at the same time. I could not have done it without MTT’s help!”, “I was feeling nervous about re-taking the GMAT. Working with MTT taught me to condition myself to breathe naturally when stress arises.