Now you can make the caramel for the topping. Once the sugar starts melting stir until it is completed melted. I am glad you are enjoying my blog. Was introduced to flan when we wintered in the Texas ” valley “. Question on recipe ingredients ~ what is the difference between evaporated milk and condensed milk ??? Ladle the mixture into the caramel coated custard cups, filling 3/4 full. Watch the sugar carefully as it can burn quickly (adding 2 tablespoons of water to the sugar will also help it not burn). Hi Trisha! Does it matter what pan you put the water in or the flan? The reason is that the flan section always seemed to be darker in color than I would like because of the process of the chocolate cake separating from it. The secret is all those egg yolks! Thank you so much. 12 egg yolks 1 14 oz can of condensed milk 2 14 oz can of evaporated milk 1/2 cup of granulated white sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Tamiser ensemble la farine, le cacao en poudre, la levure/bicarbonate de soude et le sel. I haven’t tried putting it back in the oven if it is underbaked (after cooling), in theory it should work, but it might be tricky to get the custard to be smooth since parts of it were baked. Hello Manny, Can I make this a day ahead, leaving it in the pan? Then, cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 8 hours (or up to 3 days). It is concentrated milk with sugar. If the water enters the bundt pan, it could ruin the consistency of the flan. Chocoflan is perfect to serve at gatherings with friends and families because it can serve a crowd. Maybe heating the bottom so the caramel gets warm? I do not cover it, I leave the flan uncovered in the tray of water and let it bake until a bubble forms on top. It keeps boiling down to rock candy. « Authentic Mexican Meatballs Recipe (Albondigas Mexicanas), How to Make the Most Delicious Arroz Con Leche (Rice Pudding), The Best Churros Recipe with Sweet Piloncillo Dipping Sauce, The Best (and easiest) Flan Napolitano Recipe, Delicious Mexican Mosaic Gelatin Recipe (Gelatina de Mosaico), Amazing Caramel Smores Recipe (Disney World Copycat), The Best Homemade Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake Recipe (No Cake Mix). All Rights Reserved. Then you just put it back in the oven as described in the recipe. Or, are you meaning sweetened condensed milk ….. Best Regards, Susan. concerning my study and knowledge. Flip out onto a plate and enjoy chilled or warm! For the water bath, make sure that you are using hot water. If I have any advice it would be to take your time and write what you like. It just takes time. Finally, you will let it cool for sometime before releasing it from the bundt pan. I remember using a 12 ounce can of evaporated milk for the recipe. You don’t need to stir the sugar, if you do sugar crystals will form and you run the risk of it taking longer to completely melt down and then you might burn it. I know sometimes custards can be scary to try and make, but all they need is patience. If you ever wondered how to make flan I will show you how easy it is. Our flan recipe is the perfect finish to a Mexican dinner. I did that once, and my caramel got super dark border lining burnt. Pour immediately into pan. I’m a bit skeptical of the 12 egg yolks – it seems like alot! Flan is one of those desserts that taste delicious and require little work to prepare. Vous pouvez consulter des informations détaillées sur l'utilisation que nous faisons de vos données personnelles et sur l'utilisation que nos partenaires en font. If your oven temps different than my own you might just need it to be in the oven a little bit longer. I do it often with ramekins, just separate the caramel evenly as well as the flan mixture. It was such an easy recipe! With a whisk or fork combine all the ingredients until it is a smooth tan color and all the yolks are broken up. Thank you for subscribing. Let me know if that helps! Thank you I am glad you appreciate this recipe. Hi Lisette! I recommend adding it in the oven so that you lessen the risk of spillage. The resulting chocoflan will have chocolate cake on the bottom and flan on the top. Hi Carrie! You would think that this would be hard to make but looks so simple. Mix until well blended but not frothy. Thanks, Strain through a fine strainer. Check after 30 minutes. Hello! Make sure you try this recipe and let me know how it turns out in the comments below.