Thanks for another terrific recipe. Cover and cook until cauliflower is heated through, about 3 minutes. So good. Walmart where I am sells cauliflower crumbles, too! I added some Caldo de Tomate. Add the cauliflower rice, salt and pepper and sauté for 3 minutes, until the cauliflower is beginning to soften. Add … I loved the flavor and ease of the recipe but it didn’t have the texture of “rice” like everyone is raving about in the comments. Really did not like this. Try melting cheese over the top if you enjoy dairy, or even stir in some cooked and seasoned ground meat or chicken before adding the cheese. Thank you! Will definitely make again! *. Used food processor to crumble the cauliflower, tastes great! I made cauliflower a lot of times but never think of making it with rice. I like to use leftover grilled kernels of fresh corn in the summer. Cheese and Greek would be great additions but I doing the Whole30 thing. This Mexican Cauliflower Rice is a delicious and healthy low-carb alternative to traditional Mexican rice. I’d love to make it ahead for a party. Used your recipe … I had more than 4 cups … maybe 6. I added a tablespoon of butter, used prepared minced garlic, and I used 1 tbsp of low carb tomato sauce. The SmartPoints® calculator isn’t meant for recipes and will often give you the wrong points (usually higher). Ended up using double tomato sauce too but less water and then just watched it and tasted often to adjust. I usually pulse in my food processor but it’s such a fine line between crumbles and “aaagh”!! deliciousness!!! Made this with Aidells habenero and green chile sausage cut up and mixed in. Add the tomato puree and stir well. Cauliflower Rice Recipes Mexican, Mexican Cauliflower Rice, Mexican Cauliflower Rice Casserole, Stir in the spices and let everything sit until it's cooled a bit. , Just made this!!! hello beth, that is such a good idea with your onions chopping and freezing them i always feel like mine go bad before i can use them thank you for the tip raquel. Thank you for sharing this recipe!! Continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes until the cauliflower is cooked through. Broccoli Cauliflower Rice Chicken Casserole. Thank you for letting me really enjoy Mexican again!!! Hi! Life’s too short for boring food. I always consider what I can add to it for flavors, of course, but it’s definitely become my go-to for side dishes. This is fantastic!!! 113 calories; protein 5.9g 12% DV; carbohydrates 16.7g 5% DV; fat 4.1g 6% DV; cholesterol 1.5mg 1% DV; sodium 888.1mg 36% DV. A complete meal. I added ground turkey to make it more hearty and froze to bring to work for lunch. I always have a bag of chopped peppers onion mix in the freezer (buy veggies on sale & make my own mix) & also freeze dollops of tomato paste so had all the ingredients. My 20 y/o son had two servings and never knew the difference from regular rice. I cannot stop making your recipes, Gina! This Low Carb Mexican Cauliflower Rice recipe is vegetarian and loaded with flavor. Didn’t put it in the pan with the onions until near the end, but boy oh boy .. Gina, you’re right on time! This site uses cookies to help provide the best user experience. Stir to evenly coat the vegetables and cook for 1 minute or until heated through. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes! Saute for 10 minutes, until onions are completely softened. Still wonderful flavor nonetheless and I just used a slotted spoon to serve the rice. Leftover Mexican cauliflower rice can be stored in the fridge for up to 4 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. I will be turning the leftovers into brunch tomorrow with some sliced avocado and poached egg . AMAZING! I strongly suggest you to do a little more research on Mexican gastronomy and culture! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I added diced avacado to the top and squeezed lime juice and sea salt! I can only find Roma tomatoes fresh or whole peeled plum in a can. Rice cauliflower on food processor or grater. I made this tonight with Cuban shrimp and had two servings (and was still spoon low cal). I forgot the tomato paste and it was still delish! Simply substitute the spices with taco seasoning if available. It’s by green giant and its in the section where the precut/packaged veggies are. This was really tasty!!! For sure the best preparation of cauliflower rice I’ve made. The best Mexican cauliflower rice recipe i have ever had. Probably a bigger issue as others had with the too-crunchy nature of cauliflower rice than the recipe, but this was a Sunday dinner fail. Thank you for all you do ❤️. I want to try it with chicken and black bean tacos! If you are fortunate enough to live near a Wegmans, they usually have riced cauliflower too. Made it exactly as recipe read except I used Roma tomato…couldn’t find plum. Riced cauliflower is so easy to find in the produce section or frozen. Add onion and cook until soft, 5 minutes. Paired with your chicken enchiladas and enchilada sauce. Made this last night. That’s it! Yummy!!! Thanks for all you do, Gina…. Full of flavour, but low in carbs and calories, this Mexican Spiced Cauliflower Rice, turns the humble cauliflower into something rather spectacular! This is WONDERFUL! Learn how your comment data is processed. I made this recipe yesterday and it was very delicious. Add the butter, garlic powder, and onion flakes and gently sauté for 3 minutes. This recipe did not disappoint…You have to try this!!!! It easily takes on the flavors of whatever you add to it. Fantastic! I did follow everything else. My kids really enjoyed this as well. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with SkinnyTaste. (Add salt and pepper to taste here if you wish). https://www.thatslowcarb.com/low-carb-mexican-cauli-rice-casserole-recipe My only problem was that there seemed to be way too much liquid and took a long time to reduce. I have all the other ingredients. She explains it at the bottom of the post! This is a family favorite! We love cauliflower rice. This was so yummy!! Thank you so much! Made this for friends and now they ask for it when they visit..delicious recipe as is. Delicious and easy. It makes all of our lives so much easier and healthier! Like this recipe? Read More. Made this tonight – A+++! How to make Mexican rice step by step photos: Is Mexican Cauliflower Rice keto and low-carb? https://www.nospoonnecessary.com/mexican-cauliflower-rice-recipe Cauli-rice is fabulous stuff. I also used frozen, then cooked cauliflower rice, BUT… I’m so glad I made it anyhow. It was some of the best “rice” I have tasted! I recommend really cooking down your cauliflower if you want it to be rice-like or cooking it in advance and then re-heating the next day. I just sat down to make my grocery list, to include the Grilled Steak Lettuce Tacos, and now I’m adding this to my list. Sorry Elise, but I can’t edit anything on the comments. any idea what the carb count is for this? I used all the right measurements but the finished product tasted strongly of tomato paste. This Keto Mexican cauliflower rice recipe makes 4 side serves. You can then just take out what you need and saute directly from the freezer. Didn’t change a thing. They will be surprised, too. My top 5 secrets to help you master Mexican meals at home in no time! Fresh or canned? Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. It was like tomato-flavored cauliflower. Brilliant idea. I have all the ingredients and will make this tonight with the grilled steak tacos you posted yesterday. Remove any of the green leaves and thick stems. I made this tonight. I’m on keto, so I try to cut the carbs as much as possible. Loved it! Remove the cauliflower rice and dump out onto a clean hand towel. Next time I'll try reducing the amount of tomato sauce and broth called for by half and update this review accordingly. I’ve been incorporating cauliflower rice into our dinners to cut carbs and this one is by far my favorite so far. Info. Very tasty. Overall, I really thought it was a quick recipe to throw together. I am sorry for my stupid question in advance, but how crunchy is the “rice” supposed to be? We serve it with our Pork Carnitas, Mexican Beef, and White Chili. Nice and healthy substitute for Spanish Rice. By tomato paste do you mean puree (you get it in tins and squeezy tubes) and in another recipe you refer to a tin of tomato sauce …..tomato sauce in the UK is ketchup. I even got a fist pump from my picky one when I made it tonight. Thanks for the tip! Served the first half with chicken marinated in olive oil, orange juice, lime juice, garlic, and oregano. thanks. Talk about timing! Your email address will not be published. We know there are others out there who sometimes need a break from the dairy and meat and this dish fits that bill to be able to go both way! I used rotel canned tomatoes & chilies instead of the tomatoes and jalapeño. Made this tonight to be a base for shrimp tacos. This recipe was delicious! If you are the same then this is the way to go. Click here to see more! Thank you. Also avoided the salt and increased the other seasoning a pinch. Made exactly as directed and then added cooked extra lean ground beef for a one dish meal, delish. I mixed a cup of this with 4 oz of chicken and green beans. Definitely making it a regular on the menu!! Here’s the exact food processor I have – I love it! ???? Add cauliflower rice and mix well. Get recipes & exclusive content via email: You can unsubscribe anytime by clicking the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of emails you receive.