Make sure you do not overcook it or your meatloaf will be tough! Once veggies are cool, add them to the soaked bread and then add the parmesan, cheddar, parsley, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, chili powder and paprika. Very tasty. But after making the meatloaf a few times and thinking “something was missing”, I decided to give it a try and made a glaze with ketchup, brown sugar and white wine vinegar. A real crowd pleaser. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. I know what you’re thinking. Cut the ends off the onions, then remove the skin and carefully take off the outer layers, keeping them intact. (I used 9 cups of cheese for this meal) More is better right.? They are to die for! You do not want to overwork the meat or your meatloaf will be dry! With clean hands, mix the ingredients until well combined. Whatever the case may be, always, always, ALWAYS sautée your veggies with some olive oil before mixing it with the other ingredients. I see a meatloaf as a bigger, loaf shaped version of meatballs. When it’s all mixed together, form the mixture into a (I’m going to say it) loaf shape on top of a broiler/drip pan. Sitemap. Enjoy this, my friends! I’ve broken down into steps, to make reading this loooong post easier! Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. to stay up to date with my posts! Slice and serve with remaining sauce. Place a kebab stick in the centre of each ball, and bake for 30 minutes at 350°F on a baking tray. All rights reserved. These books compile our most-liked recipes from the community with tons of photos, set-by-step instructions, and kitchen tips! Yum! My choice? Spread with a spoon. I lay the bacon out on parchment paper, set the meatloaf at one end, then roll it up. #NaturallyCheesy #CollectiveBias. Never going back! Vous venez de recevoir un e-mail détaillant notre démarche de co-création. People won’t quite pinpoint that there’s ketchup there, they’ll just think this is the best meatloaf they ever tasted! Stir together. Season with salt and pepper. I know this is a really weird photo, but I’m a really weird person so it fits. Here ->✋I will walk you through this and, hopefully, convince you that meatloaf is not supposed to be dry and bland. thanks for sharing this recipe. Reserve. And, as you would do with any roast or steak, make sure you let the meatloaf rest for at least five minutes before serving, so the juices can redistribute and settle. You've hit your free 999 recipe limit for this month. « Baked Brie en Croute (with honey, cranberries and pecans). Cut the ends off the onions, then remove the skin and carefully take off the outer layers, keeping them intact. But you totally can if you prefer! One of my favorite comfort foods. I use a broiler pan to cook my meatloaf. Throw the soaked bread into the bowl, along with some eggs. I think the bacon helped keep the meatloaf moist. Read More…, Do i have to use 2 kinds of meat can i use the cheaper meat please. If you don’t have a broiler pan, just use a baking sheet with some sort of rack on top. Wow…Awesome stuff. Just make sure you season everything with salt and pepper. Allow it to soak in for several minutes. So here’s what you do: Slice it up and serve it with the remaining third of the sauce, which can be used for dipping. 8 out of 10 recipes on this blog belong in the “comfort” category. Mix all the ingredients without the meat. And you’ll notice the edges are nice and brown; that’s the way I like it, baby. Any thing with cheese…I am there. You didn’t know my cookbook delved into such anthropological and sociological issues, did you? Can you tell?). I use an oiled baking rack so the bacon crisps all around. Just stay clear of loaf pans, or your meatloaf will steam and get soggy. I used a mixture of parmesan and Kraft Natural Shredded Cheddar Cheese in the mixture and then some more cheddar cheese for stuffing. Let me know if you have any other questions! Finally found something else my picky eater will eat. I’m the “queen” of comfort food! I hate it when that happens! Bake for another 15 minutes. The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Hope it’s a hit. Always my go to recipe. Wow!!! This is a recipe from my cookbook, and I’m sharing it here because I love it. A fresh soft roll, cut into smaller pieces and soaked with milk! Sometimes I’ll just melt it and eat with bread. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/230589/bbq-bacon-wrapped-meatloaf Whipped up some loaded mash potatoes to go with. Reserve to cool. Scrub your hands with soap and water, scour them with an SOS pad, hold them under a bacteria-destroying UV light, and dip them in antiseptic solution (okay, just soap and water will do) and knead the mixture together. My Brazilian-self just wouldn’t get behind the idea of adding ketchup to my meatloaf! Within the pages of my cookbook, I proposed that people’s perception of meatloaf became permanently skewed when a certain disheveled rock singer burst on the scene back in the seventies…but after much consideration, I’ve decided that it’s actually the word “loaf” that has contributed the most to meatloaf being such a maligned food.